Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

8 hours ago, TJQuik said:

A very good post, but in my opinion the way of football nowadays means they'll inevitably tank in 6 years at the most unless they get some exceedingly rich new owners.

Thanks! You may be right, but I suppose it depends on our definition of "tanking". I don't think they will be in the top 6-7 consistently, but top half of the table and bothering the Greedy Six I think is entirely likely.

Next season (as @CosbehFox suggests) will be interesting if they have to get to grips with European football. But I think they have enough irons in the fire that they will see it as an opportunity for the whole squad to get gametime, rather than it being a burden as such.

2 hours ago, LCFCJohn said:

How has he been for you this season?

Not too bad considering he has basically been the only midfielder we have had who might tackle someone .

Not great on the ball but you probably knew that .

Likes a booking!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Super_horns said:

Not too bad considering he has basically been the only midfielder we have had who might tackle someone .

Not great on the ball but you probably knew that .

Likes a booking!

Sounds like its exactly the same as how he's been here

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Nalis said:

I'm hoping for a rare Chelsea win to give them a bit of impetus going into their match against Forest

And obviously a Man City tonking of Leeds

Villa winning at Wolves not to be overlooked, after that they play Man Utd (a).

They then play Everton (h) so if they go into that game with 37pts still then they probably won't be mathematically safe with two games to go and they certainly don't want to get beat by Everton and possibly not safe going into the last game of the season at Arsenal (a).

• Like 1

More twists and turns this weekend. I predict all our relegation rivals will lose again this weekend. It’s like the football gods are saying ffs c’mon Lester take the chance and go ahead and beat Fulham!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, cruzFOX said:

More twists and turns this weekend. I predict all our relegation rivals will lose again this weekend. It’s like the football gods are saying ffs c’mon Lester take the chance and go ahead and beat Fulham!

What about Forest vs Southampton?

5 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Saints win

By far the best outcome for us, no question. While I'd love Southampton to overtake Leeds, Everton and F****t (but not us, obvs), more practically we want them to win this one then lose all their others.

• Like 1

What games is everyone watching?

the man city vs Leeds spectacle has a bizarre curiosity about it. Might have the rest on in the background and watch this purely for entertainment value.

15 minutes ago, STEVIE B said:

Big Sam has has dropped Meslier. 
I imagine Man City away, wasn’t a game he was itching to play in anyway. 

Robles is a reasonably experienced goalkeeper, so I imagine that's why Allardyce trusts him more.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, cruzFOX said:

What games is everyone watching?

the man city vs Leeds spectacle has a bizarre curiosity about it. Might have the rest on in the background and watch this purely for entertainment value.

I'll be tuning in to Man City vs. Leeds on the DAB radio hoping for a Haaland  hat trick.