Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

5 minutes ago, The Bear said:

We've had a Leicester born co-comms for both of our last two matches now. 

Courtney Sweetman-Kirk. Plays for Sheff Utd and is ex Liverpool player. 

She's fine. Sounds a lot like Karen Carney. Have you had her on any of your games this season? 

She’s really thick

• Like 1

I watched Man City v Arsenal and there were more fans sat down following the 3rd goal than stood up. 

Looked like a mix of the old Kippax stand lads who just looked bored silly and day trippers who had just come to see Haaland and KDB. 

1 minute ago, Beachyboy said:

Our fixtures in the remaining 3 are similar to Leeds, both play West Ham and Newcastle only difference is we have Liverpool they have Spurs. If we can gain 3 points on Leeds this weekend, we'd surely match their points total in those 3 games. I know there's still Forest and Everton to consider.

Why would we surely match their points total in those 3? Liverpool are better than Tottenham.

1 minute ago, SK3Blue said:

I watched Man City v Arsenal and there were more fans sat down following the 3rd goal than stood up. 

Looked like a mix of the old Kippax stand lads who just looked bored silly and day trippers who had just come to see Haaland and KDB. 

It's just like an NBA game. They just don't need to shout "defense" because ManCity is always in possession of the ball. 

I might buy Allardyce's comments being intended as some sort of distraction tactic had he not been saying variations of the same thing for basically his whole career. It is genuinely what he thinks.

4 minutes ago, Beachyboy said:

Our fixtures in the remaining 3 are similar to Leeds, both play West Ham and Newcastle only difference is we have Liverpool they have Spurs. If we can gain 3 points on Leeds this weekend, we'd surely match their points total in those 3 games. I know there's still Forest and Everton to consider.

When you play them with have a huge effect IMO.

10 minutes ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

It doesn't. The record is for consecutive games in ONE season. 

It's not. Van Nistelrooy's record was over 2 different seasons. 

It shouldn't include different seasons but it does. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, st albans fox said:

Foyle fox is correct 

The Dutchman scored in the final 8 games during the 2002-2003 season and started off the season 2003-2004 by scoring in 2 consecutive matches. This should not be a surprise as Nistelrooy was a prolific goal scorer and held this record for 12 years.

1 minute ago, The Bear said:

Atwell reffing our game today is frigging awful. Why is the standard SO shite in this league? 

Who had 53' in this weekend's First Time The Bear Bitches About The Refs pool?

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

Wow. I didn't know that. This means Vardy's record is a bigger accomplishment. 

A little like our 0-9 equalling utd's 9-0.

None of the pundits give ours as an individual record.

17 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

When you play them with have a huge effect IMO.

You'd rather play them later in the season providing both Newcastle have achieved CL and West Ham survival, which we are. Liverpool will be a live fixture for them whatever happens.

Edited by Beachyboy
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Why? 

Probably because you have a finite window to do it in one season. If you've not scored in the 26th game of the season, then you can't break the record, so you have to get the ball rolling in those first 26 games. If it's over seasons you can start whenever.