Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

Just now, OntarioFox said:

Thank foooook for that

Problem is, I can see Leeds at least scraping another point or two from their remaining three if they play like that. We have a little more work to do.

I can't to be honest

2-1 really flatters them, they were lucky Man City and Haaland were very wasteful

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

Arrogant football from Man City for much of this game 

Which is what we wanna see as Leicester fans, Pep won't be happy with that, an will expect better against Everton.

• Like 2

Just now, Ashdav86 said:

If Everton get a draw at Brighton them and Leeds both on 30 points with same goal difference

Can't see Brighton slipping up after thrashing Wolves and beating Man U, they are well in contention for a CL place!

Just now, Ashdav86 said:

If Everton get a draw at Brighton them and Leeds both on 30 points with same goal difference

What does it go off at that point - Goals Scored or head to head?

1 minute ago, OntarioFox said:

Thank foooook for that

Problem is, I can see Leeds at least scraping another point or two from their remaining three if they play like that. We have a little more work to do.

I can’t, Man City as many said were very arrogant in their approach today. 

You won’t get that from Newcastle, and unlikely to get it from West Ham either. 

Second half against city for us was largely the same. Let’s not get carried away, Leeds are ****ed. 

• Like 1

Good old Sky trying their best to make out Leeds battled valiantly and we're resolute...

Literally did nothing but camp on the edge of their own box, which don't get me wrong, isn't the worse tactic against Man City but come on, don't make out they played well 🤣 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, OntarioFox said:

Thank foooook for that

They are gonna have to come out and be a bit more open at home to Newcastle, an will get picked apart.

4 minutes ago, OntarioFox said:

Thank foooook for that

Eh.  They did naf all and Man City took the pi55 towards the end. Got lucky with a goal at the end. Nothing in that Leeds performance to suggest anything. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

2-1 really flatters them, they were lucky Man City and Haaland were very wasteful

Indeed, Man City had 81% possession and 2.6 xG against 0.2.

But all Leeds are trying to do is keep the score down and somehow grab a goal or two.  If they can just fluke 4 points from their last three matches they may stay up.  Can't write them off yet IMO.

2 minutes ago, copunk said:

Good old Sky trying their best to make out Leeds battled valiantly and we're resolute...

Literally did nothing but camp on the edge of their own box, which don't get me wrong, isn't the worse tactic against Man City but come on, don't make out they played well 🤣 

They’ve been conceding for fun (except against us) so to lose 2-1 at Man City is good for their confidence compared to what could have happened 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ashdav86 said:

Still think Southampton Everton and forest will be the 3. Just think Leeds have fractionally enough 

Everton, Leeds and Forest relegated would be the best outcome of this dreadful season. I might celebrate this as our league title. 

• Like 3

On 29/04/2023 at 15:43, Jattdogg said:

Reckon wolves might just remain on 37 points for rest of the season.

On 29/04/2023 at 15:44, The Bear said:

Not a chance. We're actually half decent at home. Just not turned up today in any way shape or form. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On 29/04/2023 at 15:47, Jattdogg said:

I don't see you getting points against united, arsenal or villa. Everton best chance for you. I dont think you have to worry about relegation either way so moot point really.

On 29/04/2023 at 15:49, The Bear said:

We've beaten all of Liverpool, Spurs, Chelsea, Brentford and Palace at home under Lopetegui. 

Edited by The Bear

6 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

They’ve been conceding for fun (except against us) so to lose 2-1 at Man City is good for their confidence compared to what could have happened 

Which is what I saw from it. Big Sam isn't going to be making them play fast flowing football, he's going to be trying to sh*thouse three 1-0 wins / 1-1 draws from here against less deadly forward lines, even at home.

They're going to get something from West Ham at the very least, I reckon. It's horrid to watch but I think they're going to be pleased with that Man City scoreline in the same way we were with our 3-1 result, having gone into it expecting a cricket score.

3 minutes ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

Everton, Leeds and Forest relegated would be the best outcome of this dreadful season. I might celebrate this as our league title. 

Unfortunately I don’t see Southampton staying up, but more than happy with two of Everton, Leeds or Forest going down with them. 

Listened to the Man City game on the radio. Sounded like a classic match of theirs where they stroll it for 85, should be out of sight, give away a late goal and it looks closer. 

4 minutes ago, Corky said:

Listened to the Man City game on the radio. Sounded like a classic match of theirs where they stroll it for 85, should be out of sight, give away a late goal and it looks closer. 

It was literally like watching an attack v defence training session.

20 minutes ago, OntarioFox said:

Thank foooook for that

Stranger things have happened, but i thought Leeds were useless today, it should have been a cricket score, but for Man City missing so many chances, and Leeds offered far less than we did when we went there, even if Man City did give them a goal at the end to make it more nervy than it should have been. 

I do agree though that Alladyce will dress it up in a positive light, and suggest that they defended brilliantly, despite giving up so many chances, and that they could have got a point at the end, and as their manager, that is what he has to do.