Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

2 minutes ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

I have a dual citizenship (British is the 2nd one). Booing the national anthem is unacceptable. You can have your own political beliefs but express your anger and disagreement in a different way. There are many other ways to do it. 

It’s because people have stopped understanding what democracy actually means

• Like 2

1 hour ago, FLAN said:

Let them pay their own way and give back what was never theirs. See if they want to be figure heads then 

They pay 315m into the treasury every year. The tourism from today alone pays for the event 3 times over.

18 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

Has to be a tifo of King Charles in a Leicester shirt before the Liverpool game, though...

My thoughts were a fox ripping a liver bird to shreds.....

23 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

Has to be a tifo of King Charles in a Leicester shirt before the Liverpool game, though...

Maybe I should clarify after the comments I got - my suggestion was a joke about winding up the Scousers, and deffo not a post in support of the sausage fingered poshboy dressed in gold.

46 minutes ago, Gerard said:

If we beat Fulham it would mean our rivals need two results to overtake us or in Everton's case three results or two wins.

Yeah, we aren’t getting much out of Liverpool or Newcastle either so it really is a must win. 

1 minute ago, Vacamion said:

Maybe I should clarify after the comments I got - my suggestion was a joke about winding up the Scousers, and deffo not a post in support of the sausage fingered poshboy dressed in gold.

Nice backtracking you closest charlie fan

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

I have a dual citizenship (British is the 2nd one). Booing the national anthem is unacceptable. You can have your own political beliefs but express your anger and disagreement in a different way. There are many other ways to do it. 

Same lot crying over lack of respect for our anthem id wager boo other nations ones.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

Probably, because alot of them are either from irish heritage or wish they were! They are scum, always have been as long as ive been going football, which is 50 years.

Given the "lovable rogues" tag by the media, who just bigged them up, saying what fantastic fans and people they were, but any football fan of any club, will tell you what a nasty bunch they were right back to the 70s, when i first started going, and probably before.

The media were screwed after Heysel, when their actions caused the death of 39 innocent people, and they showed the world their true colours, but after Hillsborough, which was also shocking and a tragedy, the media slowly started coming round to "Liverpool and their  loveable rogue" tag again, and have forgotten what they done at Heysel.

We always hear about Hillsborough, and they are rightly mourned, but Heysel is the big elephant in the room, and is rarely mentioned. 

They make all sorts of reasons up for booing the National Anthem, they can`t actually agree a specific reason that they can all agree on amonst themeslves, none of them with any creedance as far as i can see, because most of them dont have a clue themselves!

To be fair, the Heysel disaster or something similar could have easily occurred with a great many clubs and their moronic hooligan element during the 1980s. Agree that many of the Anfield faithful are likely of Irish descent although a sizeable proportion probably have dubious claims to Irish heritage or have convinced themselves as such. Ironically, it was traditionally seen as the loyalist/Protestant Club and Everton the Catholic origin - which is complete bullshit since both were founded by Methodists if memory serves me correctly. 

So many supposed Liverpool supporters these days don't even come from the City and have probably never set foot in Merseyside. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Line-X said:

To be fair, the Heysel disaster or something similar could have easily occurred with a great many clubs and their moronic hooligan element during the 1980s. Agree that many of the Anfield faithful are likely of Irish descent although a sizeable proportion probably have dubious claims to Irish heritage or have convinced themselves as such. Ironically, it was traditionally seen as the loyalist/Protestant Club and Everton the Catholic origin - which is complete bullshit since both were founded by Methodists if memory serves me correctly. 

So many supposed Liverpool supporters these days don't even come from the City and have probably never set foot in Merseyside. 

You are right, many English clubs could have behaved in the same idiotic way that the Liverpool fans did that night. The point I was trying to make, was that if you had never been to a football match before Heysel, and believed the media narrative of the time, of how lovable and amazing Liverpool fans were, you would have believed that Liverpool was about the only place in the country that didn't have football hooligans, when the reality was, they were one of the worst!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

The monarchy's a PR machine for the UK along with some soft power. I'm not fussed they're there.

They bring in way more than they cost. If only parliament did that, just imagine 🤣🤣

Anyway, some good results today. 

4 minutes ago, Torten said:

People who despise the monarchy are just as weird as those who fawn over them. The fact they exist has literally no effect on my life and I’d rather channel my anger into those in power that do have such an effect.

This

2 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

You are right, many English clubs could have behaved in the same idiotic way that the Liverpool fans did that night. The point I was trying to make, was that if you had never been to a football match before Heysel, and believed the media narrative of the time, of how lovable and amazing Liverpool fans were, you would have believed that Liverpool was about the only place in the country that didn't have football hooligans, when the reality was, they were one of the worst!

Liverpool is semi detached from the UK and religiously anti establishment. If it was left to them they would secede and join the Irish Republic. Never admit your a Tory or been seen carrying a copy of the Sun if you go there. They hated Thatcher with a passion perhaps even more than Churchill.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Same lot crying over lack of respect for our anthem id wager boo other nations ones.

Wouldn't personally boo anyone else's national anthem, all a bit childish, but the point here is, that they are actually booing the anthem of the country they belong too. It wouldn't matter if the anthem was "land of hope and glory", they would still boo it. You could ask 5 scousers why they boo it and get 5 different reasons, because they just want to find a reason to be offended. Well if they don't like being part of the UK, they should stop taking the benefits of living here and piss off and play in the Republic of Irelands football league!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

Return the Jewels and then you might have a point.