Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

5 minutes ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

Imagine thinking someone is better than you by dint of birth. Get off your knees. They have about £89bn in wealth, all stolen, whilst people have to use food banks. 

You see, although the monarch is mentioned in our national anthem, and I'm a bit indifferent to them myself, i couldn't care one way or the other. When the anthem is sung, I don't think about the royal aspect of it, I just see it as being the national anthem of the United Kingdom, the place of my birth, and so it dont really feel like I'm kneeling down to anyone. As I said in another post though, Liverpool fans would boo it if it was "land of hope and glory", they just want to be offended by anything British.

• Haha 1

Just now, smudger63 said:

You see, although the monarch is mentioned in our national anthem, and I'm a bit indifferent to them myself, i couldn't care one way or the other. When the anthem is sung, I don't think about the royal aspect of it, I just see it as being the national anthem of the United Kingdom, the place of my birth, and so it dont really feel like I'm kneeling down to anyone. As I said in another post though, Liverpool fans would boo it if it was "land of hope and glory", they just want to be offended by anything British.

God save the King is basically kneeling down as it's literally saying he's better than you. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Phil Bowman said:

Nobody knows what they cost. Nobody's allowed to know; they've worked hard to keep it secret.

I don't see the French moaning that Versailles doesn't bring in the tourism money, either

• Like 3

People getting uptight by Charles getting crowned are just wasting their time and moaning for nothing, let it go enjoy your weekends this has been happening for hundreds of years, and to be honest I don’t let it get to me. 

Edited by foxes_rule1978
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

God save the King is basically kneeling down as it's literally saying he's better than you. 

He ain't no better than me, he is the king of the United Kingdom, the place of my birth. I've never seen the anthem as kneeling down to the monarch, it's just my nations anthem, and I'm proud of my nation, so the anthem should be respected in my eyes. 

• Like 1

Just now, smudger63 said:

He ain't no better than me, he is the king of the United Kingdom, the place of my birth. I've never seen the anthem as kneeling down to the monarch, it's just my nations anthem, and I'm proud of my nation, so the anthem should be respected in my eyes. 

And there are some people who are also proud of their nation and so would rather have an anthem that celebrates that nation rather than one that glorifies an absurd medieval relic.

• Like 1

Guest bennytwohats
1 minute ago, Number 6 said:

Sounds dirty to say it, but nice to see Spurs and Chelsea picking up results given some of the games they have coming up.

I thought the same. Need those games to not be an easy 3 points for our rivals

4 minutes ago, Phil Bowman said:

And there are some people who are also proud of their nation and so would rather have an anthem that celebrates that nation rather than one that glorifies an absurd medieval relic.

That's not why Liverpool fans boo it though. 

6 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

Sounds dirty to say it, but nice to see Spurs and Chelsea picking up results given some of the games they have coming up.

Completely agree

Edited by Nalis

17 minutes ago, Phil Bowman said:

Then you and I are very different people.

I only hate most politicians.

Most ,not all,that get in those famous governing cabinets.

There are some good to great local politicians,who do serve their community.

Some who bit into the high level cherry,then stepped back because of the hypocrocy

of not seeing the honour bestowed or serving,but just taking…Some of those went back to their local rounds,and feel they can make some difference..

But just my take on it..

1 minute ago, Nalis said:

20 something Liverpool fans reaping the benefits of an elitist premier league club but wanting to appear anti establishment and edgy is the equivalent of a middle class home countries of Che Guevara t shirt at Durham because it seems cool but doesnt really know why.

Bang on. 

• Haha 1