Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

1 hour ago, Nolucklcfc said:

Yeah, we aren’t getting much out of Liverpool or Newcastle either so it really is a must win. 

We are going to get 6 pts, from  both of them….Time to stand up & believe..

2 times 2hrs of keeping the faith….

4 game run of no losses…:scarf:

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

He ain't no better than me, he is the king of the United Kingdom, the place of my birth. I've never seen the anthem as kneeling down to the monarch, it's just my nations anthem, and I'm proud of my nation, so the anthem should be respected in my eyes. 

Read the lyrics

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

We are going to get 6 pts, from  both of them….Time to stand up & believe..

2 times 2hrs of keeping the faith….

4 game run of no losses…:scarf:

Loving the positivity! I’ve just been watching us all season so 

Guest glasgowfox
3 hours ago, Thequickbluefoxjumps said:

Because it's weird that we have a position for someone in society such that they're deemed more important than others just because they were born into it? Supporting it is just accepting these people are better than you...

Maybe they should have asked to change wombs before they were born :wub:

Just now, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

Read the lyrics

I don't need to read the words to my national anthem. I know them, I just look at them in a different way to what you obviously do. He is my nations king, as the queen was my nations queen, but I've never seen them as anything other than a head of state. I certainly wouldnt kneel to them, i wouldn't even bother leaving my house if they were walking down my street, that's not to say I have anything against them, I'm not fussed either way. Ultimately though the nations anthem is what it is, and I will always respect it while it is the anthem, if it was changed to Aggadoo I would respect that instead. :P 

Shall we talk Danny Ward? 

Just now, Nolucklcfc said:

Loving the positivity! I’ve just been watching us all season so 

I am immune, I don’t follow logic.

If the moon can turn tides, then our tetonian boy Vardy, can create tsunamis,

hes rekindled again that earthquake form…then form cracks in oppos defence..:banana:

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, bennytwohats said:

I thought the same. Need those games to not be an easy 3 points for our rivals

I mean, spurs are Leeds on the final day of the season, by that point CL will be out of reach (realistically will be if Man Utd wil tomorrow). It's good for showing they do still have the quality but neither will have anything to play for by the time their games against Forest (Chelsea) and Leeds come up

13 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Exactly. Same with the Habsburg Palaces in Vienna. Tourists still flock to them despite both countries long abolishing the monarchy/ 

Tourists come to see the building of Buckingham palace, not the monarchy. The idea it’s solely the monarchy that brings in this money is absurd. Tourists aren’t going to suddenly stop going to Buckingham palace 

It will become a Centre-Parks theme park royal experience,with yurts & lodges on the lawn, and special days…

1) Tea & cake tasting, bake-off with the servants

2)  Find the difference between, Welsh,IRish,Scotish bagpipes

3) adventure Quizzes of finding all the castles within London..

4) Why can the 3 Dominians children,all speak 2 languages,

& English not even their own.

5) Adventure Battles,where Welsh,Irish,Scots, get to beat for the 1st time the crown.

• Haha 1

Guest bennytwohats
13 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

I mean, spurs are Leeds on the final day of the season, by that point CL will be out of reach (realistically will be if Man Utd wil tomorrow). It's good for showing they do still have the quality but neither will have anything to play for by the time their games against Forest (Chelsea) and Leeds come up

I feel this hand is overplayed. Chelsea had nothing to play for today but they still won. Then hitting some form is a good thing for us even if they aren’t playing for anything else

Just now, bennytwohats said:

I feel this hand is overplayed. Chelsea had nothing to play for today but they still won. Then hitting some form is a good thing for us even if they aren’t playing for anything else

"On the beach" is a bit of a myth. Certainly on the final day, when statistically there are always loads of goals as players and teams that have nothing to play for can relax and just play. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Phil Bowman said:

Nobody knows what they cost. Nobody's allowed to know; they've worked hard to keep it secret.

Ohh. There was me thinking what we pay to them a year was public knowledge. I just be wrong. 

1 hour ago, The Doctor said:

Democracy famously characterised by giving a family ultimate and irrevocable power because they say they've got magic blood.

I know, I know, you class warriors don’t like history and it’s implications for contemporary society….

59 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Imagine starting the final match needing just a point or rivals to draw or lose to be safe and they all win when we go down to a 94 th minute Antonio goal 

5 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

I know, I know, you class warriors don’t like history and it’s implications for contemporary society….

I do however like basic etymology. Monarchy - Mono, archos: one ruler. Democracy: Demo, kratos: rule of the people. They're two entirely opposite systems, a monarchy is by definition not democratic.

Edited by The Doctor

Last mention of the monarchy because obviously some people find it very triggering. 

Royals cost the tax payer roughly £85-£90 million a year. 

Last known calculation of their contribution to the county was 2019 when they were estimated to have brought in roughly £1.77 billion. You can look it up. Seems like quite a good return to me on a purely fiscal basis. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Last mention of the monarchy because obviously some people find it very triggering. 

Royals cost the tax payer roughly £85-£90 million a year. 

Last known calculation of their contribution to the county was 2019 when they were estimated to have brought in roughly £1.77 billion. You can look it up. Seems like quite a good return to me on a purely fiscal basis. 

Those figures are complete bullshit though.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, The Doctor said:

I can certainly see Leeds beating Tottenham at home on the final day, but think there is a good chance they lose at home to Newcastle and away at West Ham. So only 3 points, which would mean we will need 3 points to finish above them. Notts Forests game with Southampton on monday is huge for them. They will expect to win, but if they lose, and its Southamptons last chance saloon game, then Notts Forest with a more confident Chelsea away, Arsenal at home, and a tricky away last game at Palace to play, could be without another point. Yet bizarrely just a win against Southampton,  might just be enough to keep them up. We can go through the different scenarios over and over, and I have, but the truth is, if predicting football results was so easy, there would be no bookies left open, so probably best to expect the unexpected, but hope things ultimately fall in our favour.

• Like 1