Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

1 minute ago, honeybradger said:

Newcastle will still be fighting for top 4 when they play us though

Or too 3. Don’t they get a better seeding 3rd?

So probably makes no difference. 

Just now, davieG said:

No. They'll be in the last pot whatever did to their lack of European football.

• Thanks 1

Just now, davieG said:

Seeding would only be affected by league positions if they won the league, like we got Pot 1 for being champions. Newcastle have little recent European success so likely will end up in a lower pot due to their coefficient.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JimJams said:

I find the notion of selling Ward bizarre tbh. 

Surely nobody that's seem him play parts with cash for him?

Didn't we turn an offer down for him from Wolves about 12 months ago or was that just speculation? We will struggle to command any sort of fee for him now.

It can go either way, teams that aren’t playing for anything can relax and play well while those still got something to play for can feel the pressure. I don’t really take much more of this stuff 

Edited by foxes_rule1978

9 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Cheering on an Arsenal win here to keep Manchester City honest when they play Everton.

Can't have them 3pts ahead and a game in hand as they play Real Madrid either side and Pep may take a few chances with selection with that sort of lead.

6 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

This is the problem....no idea how I want this to go given the above problems.

Honestly had hoped Newcastle would have the Champions league sewn up before we went up to St James.

But Man City going full force against Everton is a lovely thought.

Fvck you Rodgers

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

The worst is if a team has got a cup final and nothing to play for in the league. Guaranteed to rest players 

Or a European cup final :D

16 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

Arsenal also have Forest (a), it's in our interests that the title race goes down to the wire if possible.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Newcastle's intensity is insane. But if you get through their press there are definitely chances on the counter. 

If we had a choice of playing a team with  a press or a low block. I'd trust we'd be able to play through the press better than break down the low block. Not that I think our passing is brilliant, just players like Barnes, Daka, Ndidi, Faes, Thomas even Maddison and Vardy, I think are better when they have less time to think about game situations

40 minutes ago, TJQuik said:

They did Kes dirty though

They made the right decision IMO. Kes was going nowhere and was pretty irritating. 

The actress really went off the rails in subsequent years, exposing herself to children, substance abuse and all sorts of things.