Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

I think you are all reading too much into it.

Look on the positive side. Liverpool and Newcastle are now under more pressure and they were always going to be difficult games anyway. West Ham will also have nothing to play for on the final day.

7 minutes ago, jamfox said:

I never thought west ham would go down, allready safe and eyes full of Europe.  This has to be better than facing them when they face the drop on the final day

It would have been far better for us if they’d gone into the Leeds game still needing a win.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ricey said:

Look on the positive side. Liverpool and Newcastle are now under more pressure and they were always going to be difficult games anyway. West Ham will also have nothing to play for on the final day.

I think the thing is that most of us have no faith in our team getting the points and are therefore hoping that those below us don’t gain many more 

2 hours ago, KingsX said:

I think Ten Hag has done pretty well to get United as far as he's done, especially if they do make top four.

He's having to clear out so much of Woodward's shite and mercenaries, and change a completely dysfunctional culture under the worst owners in football.

Like us they have their self-created problems.   Unlike us they have unlimited funds to throw at them.  But it was always too big of a mess to be fixed in a year.

it always bothers me reading this sort of thing from our fans. The media really have you thinking that? 

Not sure a manager can complain about them, they’ll give you €100m to spunk on  any average  winger you want. How is that hard for a manager? Look at the situation we’ve been left in, or being even more realistic a club like wigan. The glazers might be stupid and wasteful but they wouldn’t be too hard to work under. 

if the worst thing they can do is force you to have ronaldo in your team, there are far worse situations to deal with 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Ricey said:

With Newcastle, you wonder if the pressure will make them play better or worse.  Liverpool has been down this road many times and they’ll probably win out from here.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ClaphamFox said:

It would have been far better for us if they’d gone into the Leeds game still needing a win.

West ham are at home and on sky sports, there will be that subconscious edge to ease off a touch with games coming up, but the fans will let them know if they are not pleased with what they see.

5 minutes ago, Beachyboy said:

West ham are at home and on sky sports, there will be that subconscious edge to ease off a touch with games coming up, but the fans will let them know if they are not pleased with what they see.

That’s a stretch.

WHU will have their sights squarely set on Europe now.  They’ve done the hard bit, Europe is basically a free hit for them.  Who knows how it plays out but I think both Leeds and ourselves will be considering themselves happier for West Ham being 100% safe going into their matchups.

If we assume they make the Conference League final, that's not until 10 days after the final game of the season. I don't see Moyes resting or rotating any of his regular starters with that sort of time frame. He'll be sending out his preferred XI and asking them to nail down their starting places for the final. Plus Declan Rice will be in beast mode for his final league game for the club.

However you play it out, we've now got 3 form teams to play in the final 3 games and 2 of them are still desperate to nail down Champions League football.

3 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

it always bothers me reading this sort of thing from our fans. The media really have you thinking that? 

Not sure a manager can complain about them, they’ll give you €100m to spunk on  any average  winger you want. How is that hard for a manager? Look at the situation we’ve been left in, or being even more realistic a club like wigan. The glazers might be stupid and wasteful but they wouldn’t be too hard to work under. 

if the worst thing they can do is force you to have ronaldo in your team, there are far worse situations to deal with 

And having a ridiculous amount to spunk on “any average winger” has been a great thing for ManU under these owners?

They’ve spunked on how many egotistical and/or past-peak mercenaries, who have no interest in being part of a team, shoved into the club to sell shirts in Asia.  Those overpriced “superstars” are just a distraction anyway, when most club income is creamed off to go into the owners’ pockets and to service their debt.

If being able to spunk 100M on “any average winger” is what you need, I suppose there are a few clubs that can float your boat.  Unfortunately our club will never satisfy you.

Guest Col city fan

Really really good win for Arsenal yesterday at Newcastle.

I must admit, I thought the Geordies would beat them at home and if that shot that rattled the post by Jacob Murphy, would have gone in, the outcome might have been different.

But that’s luck for you.

I guess what the 0-2 shows is that Newcastle will need to spend big this summer if they are going to enter the group of really elite sides. Your ‘Dan Burns’ of this world will have to be replaced if Newcastle are really going to kick on.

Edited by Col city fan

1 hour ago, KingsX said:

And having a ridiculous amount to spunk on “any average winger” has been a great thing for ManU under these owners?

They’ve spunked on how many egotistical and/or past-peak mercenaries, who have no interest in being part of a team, shoved into the club to sell shirts in Asia.  Those overpriced “superstars” are just a distraction anyway, when most club income is creamed off to go into the owners’ pockets and to service their debt.

If being able to spunk 100M on “any average winger” is what you need, I suppose there are a few clubs that can float your boat.  Unfortunately our club will never satisfy you.

These are players, in the most part, that the managers have requested. 

clearly ten haag wanted anthony, martinez &  ericksen from his connections. So it’s just hard to have sympathy when expensive signings don’t work out when the manager has a say on them. 

All you can ask as a manager is to be backed and given the funds to compete. There’s not been a manager there that hasn’t had that.

ETH had one problem when he arrived and that was sorting out the dressing room divide ronaldo created. Other than that i struggle to see how it’s the owners fault for anything else he’s fallen short on.

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, iancognito said:

If we assume they make the Conference League final, that's not until 10 days after the final game of the season. I don't see Moyes resting or rotating any of his regular starters with that sort of time frame. He'll be sending out his preferred XI and asking them to nail down their starting places for the final. Plus Declan Rice will be in beast mode for his final league game for the club.

However you play it out, we've now got 3 form teams to play in the final 3 games and 2 of them are still desperate to nail down Champions League football.

I'm not so sure, if they reach the final there's a lot riding on that game for West Ham and David Moyes.

Their season will look a damn sight better if they win a European trophy and more importantly requalify for Europe given how poor they've been. It'll be a nice boost financially and probably keep Moyes in his job.

I think the games preceding the game against us will be the ones to stake a claim, but think of it from the players point of view, many of their team will unlikely get another opportunity to play in a European final again (assuming they make it), and for some such as Antonio, Cresswell, and Ogbonna it's probably their last chance. Even if Moyes puts out a strong side, subconsciously a lot of these players will have their eyes on the final and wanting to avoid an injury at all costs.

Moyes too won't want an injury to a key player as that could be disastrous ahead of the final. They may have a 10 day break which is more than adequate for recovery but certainly isn't long enough for full recovery from the majority of injuries. 

I agree with you that Rice will want to go out in style however I suspect he'll want to bow out at home in front on a packed London Stadium against Leeds rather than an away game to us so think that actually benefits us. 

Time will tell of course, but ultimately our fate will be determined by ourselves rather than anything our opponents do, so we just need to be focused on the task in hand and so long as we do that we should be fine. 

10 hours ago, st albans fox said:

I think the thing is that most of us have no faith in our team getting the points and are therefore hoping that those below us don’t gain many more 

How dare you speak such home truths…

being honest,reserving your place in heaven & ours in the Championship…

Might make you a clever little Buggar, but not necessarily right you know…:D

• Haha 1

I'm amazed how.many seem willing to write off games. I guess it is some kind of disappointment insurance. 

There comes a point where it don't matter who you are playing. Maybe Man City apart. You just have to do it. 

I'm convinced the teams that stay up will be the ones who can pull off a shock result; Everton at Brighton, Leeds v Newcastle, Forest Arsenal, Us v Liverpool. 

• Like 2

Can't affect another teams form so not much point speculating, we just have to keep putting in performances that pick up points and if any teams are going to be on the beaches, it is normally the final game of the season  for those teams that have nothing much to play for.

5 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Really really good win for Arsenal yesterday at Newcastle.

I must admit, I thought the Geordies would beat them at home and if that shot that rattled the post by Jacob Murphy, would have gone in, the outcome might have been different.

But that’s luck for you.

I guess what the 0-2 shows is that Newcastle will need to spend big this summer if they are going to enter the group of really elite sides. Your ‘Dan Burns’ of this world will have to be replaced if Newcastle are really going to kick on.

Dan Burns looked like a prime R9 against us.

No game is easier than the other. You could argue that teams are on the beach but having no pressure might make them play better. Similarly teams going for something may raise their game or crumble under pressure. 

All we need to do and can do is look after ourselves. Focus on getting 3 points in every game and let's see what we can achieve. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Corky said:

They are 15th- us beating them wouldn't be a huge shock.

Yeah but if they play a second string and rest players the rest of the league would cry foul and bring into question the integrity of the sport. 

With our lack of ability to handle any pressure and West Ham being up for the game it would spell trouble for us. We need them to go out of the Europa Conference if i’m honest so they are deflated. 

28 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Geordie managers have form for letting pressure get to them ….. ‘I would love it if they dropped out of the top four’

shearer is wearing his heart on his sleeve which isn’t v professional