Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Christoph Baumgartner

http://sportwitness.co.uk/leicester-eyeing-bundesliga-duo-ahead-summer-concrete-enquiries-one-trying-sign/

Leicester City have made ‘concrete enquiries’ for Hoffenheim midfielder Christoph Baumgartner, and he may not be the only arrival from the Bundesliga this summer.

That’s according to SportBILD, who say that the Foxes also have their eye on Union Berlin striker Taiwo Awoniyi.

First, the midfielder, who they explain has been earning plenty of interest after developing over the last five years with Hoffenheim.

Now 22-years-old, he has plenty of admirers, including Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp, who ‘keeps a close eye’ on his development.

He has a release clause of around €30m in his current contract, which runs until 2025, and that’s not put off those interested.

Leicester are among them, with it stated that they and Sevilla have made ‘concrete enquiries’ ahead of the summer when Baumgartner will consider his future.

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

http://sportwitness.co.uk/leicester-eyeing-bundesliga-duo-ahead-summer-concrete-enquiries-one-trying-sign/

Leicester City have made ‘concrete enquiries’ for Hoffenheim midfielder Christoph Baumgartner, and he may not be the only arrival from the Bundesliga this summer.

That’s according to SportBILD, who say that the Foxes also have their eye on Union Berlin striker Taiwo Awoniyi.

First, the midfielder, who they explain has been earning plenty of interest after developing over the last five years with Hoffenheim.

Now 22-years-old, he has plenty of admirers, including Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp, who ‘keeps a close eye’ on his development.

He has a release clause of around €30m in his current contract, which runs until 2025, and that’s not put off those interested.

Leicester are among them, with it stated that they and Sevilla have made ‘concrete enquiries’ ahead of the summer when Baumgartner will consider his future.

The last Austrian did ok.

Edited by coolhandfox

33 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Very good player but way down the list of priorities for us surely.

He could be Youri replacement 

In recent weeks are midfield has been pretty poor as well, he can score and create.

Wouldn't be surprised to see us go back to Ndidi a DM and double 8's

If you think our CM choice are Maddison, Youri, KDH, Sourmare, Mendy, Hamza and Nididi.

Its likely Mendy, Youri and Hamza leave, and Paert doesn't come back we are a bit short. 

Edited by coolhandfox

12 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

He could be Youri replacement 

In recent weeks are midfield has been pretty poor as well, he can score and create.

Wouldn't be surprised to see us go back to Ndidi a DM and double 8's

If you think our CM choice are Maddison, Youri, KDH, Sourmare, Mendy, Hamza and Nididi.

Its likely Mendy, Youri and Hamza leave, and Paert doesn't come back we are a bit short. 

I see him more of a 10 than an 8 but maybe he could play that role. Tielemans replacement is a huge priority but we have to get the balance right.

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

I see him more of a 10 than an 8 but maybe he could play that role. Tielemans replacement is a huge priority but we have to get the balance right.

He's play CM for for about a 1/4 of his Hoffenheim game.

I think we need bring in at least 1 AM AND 1 DM.

Without Wilf we have no one who can play DM, as I think Mendy will go, as his just not physical enough and his lack of height doesn't help with are set piece issue. Hamza isn't the answer as it clear Rodgers doesn't rate him. 

Then that leave us with Soumare and KDH to play at 8 and Maddison who can play at 8 and 10 if Youri and Peart leave. 

We have a lot of areas to address in the squad for me, 1 x CB (If not 2), 2 X CM, 1 RW (if not 2 or a Lookman type who can cover both) minimum

If we can scrap together 50m from sales and our normal 20-30m spend it around 80m, which is looking tight for what we need. 

2 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

He's play CM for for about a 1/4 of his Hoffenheim game.

I think we need bring in at least 1 AM AND 1 DM.

Without Wilf we have no one who can play DM, as I think Mendy will go, as his just not physical enough and his lack of height doesn't help with are set piece issue. Hamza isn't the answer as it clear Rodgers doesn't rate him. 

Then that leave us with Soumare and KDH to play at 8 and Maddison who can play at 8 and 10 if Youri and Peart leave. 

We have a lot of areas to address in the squad for me, 1 x CB (If not 2), 2 X CM, 1 RW (if not 2 or a Lookman type who can cover both) minimum

If we can scrap together 50m from sales and our normal 20-30m spend it around 80m, which is looking tight for what we need. 

It does seem like we need quite a bit and will likely need versatile players.

Absolute priority is a right winger, at least 1 central defender but possibly 2 and at least 2 central midfielders. A striker is likely if Iheanacho goes.

If we lose 4 of Mendy, Praet, Tielemans, Hamza, Perez and Soumare then we likely need a CM replacement for Tielemans, a DCM and an ACM. The ACM could well be a player comfortable playing on the wing or a support striker such as Blas / De Ketelaere.

If Soyuncu and either Vestergaard or Amartey go then we need 2 new CB's.

11 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Absolute priority is a right winger, at least 1 central defender but possibly 2 and at least 2 central midfielders. A striker is likely if Iheanacho goes.

If we lose 4 of Mendy, Praet, Tielemans, Hamza, Perez and Soumare then we likely need a CM replacement for Tielemans, a DCM and an ACM. The ACM could well be a player comfortable playing on the wing or a support striker such as Blas / De Ketelaere.

Feels like a massive summer, I agree I think we will have to have a couple of player coming in who can play in a couple of positions.

We just need to get it right, blow it and we could be in a scrap at the wrong end of the table.

As much as Nacho is far from prefect

we know he can score goals in the PL.

My worry is if Vardy can't be the players he was we need to find a extra 15-20 goals from somewhere and replace Youri output too.

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Very good player but way down the list of priorities for us surely.

depends who is leaving, I suppose,  wether we need a CB or winger, if either Ndidi and or Youri leave then they need replacing….

14 minutes ago, MPH said:

depends who is leaving, I suppose,  wether we need a CB or winger, if either Ndidi and or Youri leave then they need replacing….

....we have KDH in the team as our "enforcer" we need creativity around him, so a player like Mahmoud Dahoud, would be an ideal foil for him!!!

With Maddison in the #10 and Giovani or Tete on the RW and De Ketelaere as the lone striker or with Vardy or Daka in a two with a Diamond, we do not need to make too many changes in order to strengthen this team and refresh it at the same time.

Underrated player - if we ran a diamond with Nididi, Maddison, him on the right and KDH on the left, that would be a very balanced midfield imo. Can also play further up as depth for Madders

Edited by -sodapop
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....we have KDH in the team as our "enforcer" we need creativity around him, so a player like Mahmoud Dahoud, would be an ideal foil for him!!!

With Maddison in the #10 and Giovani or Tete on the RW and De Ketelaere as the lone striker or with Vardy or Daka in a two with a Diamond, we do not need to make too many changes in order to strengthen this team and refresh it at the same time.

I think Rodgers is looking to add more mobility to our Midfield if Ndidi leaves. I don’t think he’ll replace Ndidi like for like..  besides, I think KDH is more than just an enforcer… he’s really starting to pick some sweet passes out…

7 hours ago, -sodapop said:

Underrated player - if we ran a diamond with Nididi, Maddison, him on the right and KDH on the left, that would be a very balanced midfield imo. Can also play further up as depth for Madders

Yes that's the formation I could see him in or in a 3-4-2-1 with Maddison as the 2 behind a striker. 

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Yes that's the formation I could see him in or in a 3-4-2-1 with Maddison as the 2 behind a striker. 

Who would be the wide players in the 4 in your view.

Edited by coolhandfox

2 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Gotta be Castagne left and Ricardo right out of the current options?

Not sure they are creative enough, Castagne has 3 goals and 3 assists in the his last 50 PL games,  Ricardo since his came back form injury in 30 games has 1 goal and 3 assists. 

To play that system you need players at least one player like Gosens who are get 15+ goal contributions a season for me.

And where does that leave someone like Barnes?

4 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Well I'm not convinced we have the players for a wingback system but perhaps it's more the coaching of the system than the players as Castagne was very good for Atalanta and Belgium in that role. Justin pre injury looked perfect for such a role as did Ricardo but it's not a system we play that well so it would need an overhaul IMO.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

you know if we’ve got a good crop of youth coming through, i wouldn’t be against an older signing. not sure if womleighton plays on the left but if he does… then someone like taglifico for 2/3 years while we get him up to speed would be class. 

Id also love tsmikas from liverpool or even telles if either are available/ reasonably priced.  Both have been absolutely wasted. i realize this is a bit of a fm suggestion but all 3 have been linked once upon a time 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Lambert09 said:

you know if we’ve got a good crop of youth coming through, i wouldn’t be against an older signing. not sure if womleighton plays on the left but if he does… then someone like taglifico for 2/3 years while we get him up to speed would be class. 

Id also love tsmikas from liverpool or even telles if either are available/ reasonably priced.  Both have been absolutely wasted. i realize this is a bit of a fm suggestion but all 3 have been linked once upon a time 

Wormleighton is a right sided defender

• Sad 1

20 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I remember everyone saying this about a month after I first joined the forum lol 

• Haha 1