Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Roma (A) Match Thread

5 minutes ago, LestaAl said:

Feeling optimistic so putting a bottle of bubbles in the fridge for when the final whistle goes.

I’m hovering over the ‘buy’ button for plane flights to Albania 🤣🤣🤣

4 minutes ago, Fox 4 Life said:

Potential defensive shambles but I love the intent. COYF

Our weak links defensively here are Tielemans (with his no look backpasses) and Barnes (with his lack of tracking back). 

1 minute ago, whoareyaaa said:

he works hard though and will track back and offers a threat going forward?

Albrighton didn't have the best game last week

I have no issues with lookman on the left I actually rate him ish - however right wing in the same team where Barnes is left wing is an absolute abomination - we’ve seen it 4 times this season and it’s been horrible every time against a lot worse teams than tonight- I don’t get it at all 

3 minutes ago, lcfcdamo said:

Best and strongest  side we have played all season and also the nervous ive felt since the fa cup final 

Please remind me of 1 good game where we have had Barnes and lookman start - just 1 - please 

• Haha 1

Just now, trabuch said:

I'm very nervous. Must have a beer. I honestly didn't think I'd feel like this when we first entered this competition, but this game is massive. And I love these European nights.

Great way to put it - biggest game since fa cup final obviously and all the emotions are going strong 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, jv1 said:

Please remind me of 1 good game where we have had Barnes and lookman start - just 1 - please 

Roma 0 : 4 Leicester (Barnes 12, 23; Lookman 56, 72)

What a night that was.  :scarf:

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, jv1 said:

I have no issues with lookman on the left I actually rate him ish - however right wing in the same team where Barnes is left wing is an absolute abomination - we’ve seen it 4 times this season and it’s been horrible every time against a lot worse teams than tonight- I don’t get it at all 

fair enough however fans have been crying out for an attacking team, I don't think we can afford to sit back and pass it around.. will be interesting no doubt... I don't think we have played one good game this season tbh bar a few here and there ... lets hope it clicks today.

4 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

We need to po balls over the top...  kevin is normally the only one.

Guess Rodgers saw through Mourinho tactics with them defending deep. Those long balls can hardly get to Vardy. Guess he is hoping Vardy will become a distraction to help Barnes and Lookman while of course Vardy can sneak in and does what he does. I feel we need Nacho though in these circumstances as he is a better linkup player.

Anyway, can’t complain with the attacking intent - something we have been asking Rodgers to do. Now it is up to the players. Come on Foxes!

Edited by Tom12345
  • Like 1

That’s arguably our strongest side, although ideally we’d have a CDM (Ndidi) available. On this season’s form that would be at the expense of Tielemans. 

It’s the first time we’ve had any opportunity to play anything like our strongest side this season. My worry now is that raises my expectations and, usually when that happens, they come crashing back to Earth 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jv1 said:

Wether we have or haven't they are the best wingers we have at this club lookman i think has bin very good of late and barnes can cause any team massive problems 

l

7 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

I thought Perez actually did ok when he was on the left recently …

Perez has been pretty good in general recently 

6 minutes ago, jv1 said:

Smashed Watford 4-2 in November with them starting didn’t we? Admittedly Watford are shite, but we won 😂

Edited by phoneticerror

Nah. Champs league quarter finals, fa Cup final, Everton where we lifted the trophy.

Talksport literally forgot to include it in the hype for the weeks games for most of this weeks chats  Darren Bent had to go 'oh and leicester' at the end of the chat about how big a week it was.