Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Roma (A) Match Thread

This is awful.  They are frustrating us and the ref is giving them everything, it's really the no calls that are killing us.

Can't see it changing.  May as well go for it second half, leaving it till the last 20 is worthless with this team and ref.

Just now, Nick said:

I’m alright ta.

Sit tight.

I have four and a half litres of wine and a mahoosive DIY pizza.

I'm sitting here proudly proclaiming to the wife how I called all of this before kick-off.

Thought it was only Juventus that paid Refs. Usually give them the benefit of the doubt but this one and his VAR accomplices are out of this world. All to play for second half but have to wonder why little Ricardo is marking big Abrahams at corners?

Just now, Daggers said:

The problem isn't the ref, the problem is we aren't adjusting our play to what the ref will allow.

Are you suggesting we try swapping shirts with Roma? 

… jokes aside, I agree, ramp up the aggression and don’t go looking for any fouls, prioritise staying on your feet, not gonna get the soft fouls we get in the prem here  

• Like 1

Barnes is lucky he plays for us again after that half, hideous. Has to be better if he comes out. 

Midfield slow and rubbish, Dewsbury-hall touch awful, Tielemans nom existent and Maddison far too deep. 

So predictable with Vardy I reckon I could defend it in that half. 

Lookman only one looking like he has any ability..

Almost impossible if you concede from at least one set piece every game. I'm sure we also concede way more corners than most as well so that increases the chances of conceding.

We aren't our of it, but we look so ordinary on the ball it's unreal. Best hope is Roma trying to sit it out and us snatching one. Need Iheanacho and Vardy together. 

• Like 1

The Ref isn't really the main problem. 

We're out of form, can't defend set pieces and not particularly dynamic.

Pretty much how we've been for a year or so. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lee7 said:

Yes the refs not great but in games as important as this you need to go all out to make sure the ref can't be to blame for the full time score. At the moment we have too many players on the pitch putting in average performances. 

Get Maddison on the ball more as he looks the most dangerous in possesion. 

He is blowing for every tackle we make, it is tough when he keeps giving them free kicks for nothing 

1 hour ago, Dahnsouff said:

Yeah, maybe, I was assuming Lookman is on the right

Looks like we do need to bring on Perez soon. Barnes is too isolated and not creating anything. At least Perez likes to drop back and try to create something. This may bring Vardy more into the game as well.  If Vardy remains this isolated, we may need Nacho on at 60. Right now, apart from Lookman and Ricardo on the right, and Maddison from the middle, we are doing nothing. 

1 minute ago, Daggers said:

The problem isn't the ref, the problem is we aren't adjusting our play to what the ref will allow.

Which is seemingly players fouling us or the ball being kicked our faces, or any tackling from our players.