Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Roma (A) Match Thread

Guest ttfn
1 minute ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Ricardo on ****ing Abraham !! I can’t. I just can’t.

I am loathed to defend Rodgers at all, especially on set pieces, but Roma have 3 big centre backs, a couple of their midfield players are big lads and they’ve got Abraham. How many six footers have we got outfield? 2?

There are going to be mis-matches every time the ball goes into the box. I wouldn’t be at all surprised if we conceded from another set piece.

1 minute ago, jammie82uk said:

We have had 4 free kicks in that first half, 1 of them was for a offside, first free kick was on 18 mins, we are being hamstrung by the ref, can’t show any sort of aggression in the tackle, Vardy and Ricky P free kicks against them for winning the ball, KDH gets smashed in the face by the ball but it’s handball? No penalty on Forfana? 

Exactly a lot of ref blame.

4 free kicks was it that many, I remember 2 were played short  which created nothing and another Maddison failed to clear the 1st man. 

I'm not arguing in favour of the ref, I'm pointing out that we are not currently playing well enough to blame the ref for being behind. Hopefully the 2nd will be more like the 1st leg or the 2nd leg of the Eindhoven and we can get ourselves back in the game

Guest StevieLynex
Just now, oxtonfox said:

Brendan's biggest half-time talk needed now. 

Won't be that long based on the size of his notepad

5 minutes ago, Mr Mister said:

Rodgers needs to go for broke, remove the shackles from the players and let them take the game to Roma. It is now all or nothing.

What shackles? Every time I watch him he's saying to get it forward quicker, he told Wes to stop messing around with it at the back and hoof it up when they're under pressure. He wants us to attack. It's those players who want to keep their passing stats up not having the balls to play it forward! 

Just now, fazzyfox said:

Can the owner of the car registration number 5 H 1 T R E F please go to the car park, get in your car and F*** off

Best post of the evening. Still feel angry though.

I don't mind the ref not giving soft free kicks, if it's for both sides. Only thing regarding the Fofana penalty is the fact he's nowhere near where the ball went, not that that should make a difference. 

The ref has positionally been awful, barely left a line in the middle of the pitch. 

2 minutes ago, Tanya said:

The ref has been shocking but we shouldn't let that excuse this timid performance. Players look utterly overawed.

Good thing is, it's only one-nill. Two up front in the second half? Stop start game, Kel may thrive.

You absolutely should though because how can you expect to play any football and get into a rhythm when decisions go against you every 2 mins.