Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Roma (A) Match Thread

7 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

Wellllll .... maybe goals

8 minutes ago, adam said:

Goals? 

Aside from goals obviously as that's not a tactic you can train for like more possession or more direct passing, etc.

If one stat alone leads to more goals it's shots on target.

Possession has little to no correlation with goals (other than the best teams have more possession by virtue of being better but this is a causation/correlation that Brendan has got backwards. I.e. if you become a better team you naturally get more possession rather than if you get more possession you become a better team).

Guest Col city fan

This is panning out exactly as we feared. Roma go one up then shithouse the rest of the match 

2 minutes ago, kristianity77 said:

Imagine being in a European semi final and putting in this little effort to progress.  I mean, really.  

This isn't effort - look at the Forest match for lack of effort.

This is just poor, nervous, frustrations and tactically out done

4 minutes ago, roblcfc84 said:

Do anyone else feel a lack of excitement watching us these days. Just feels sterile but maybe that’s just me lol

I don’t know about you, but I’ve never seen Brendan and Puel in the same room together, have you? 

2 minutes ago, adam said:

Not get Ricardo to mark Abraham. 

I'm not sure he said for the shortest player or Mark Tammy? He set us up attacking 

Its easy to blame the manager and yes he gets stuff wrong but today is on the players! 

Edited by hejammy

Roma are more than comfortable with letting BR have his higher possession stat. They know full well we will do nothing with the ball and when we do, we will end up giving them it back. Roma aren't even out of 1st gear let's be honest. A truly embarrassing performance thus far with European football at stake.

• Like 3