Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
OntarioFox

Meh.

I can’t work out if I dislike the manager or players more? They seem to just be perfect for eachother. No aggression, all nice guys protecting the manager’s reputation so he can get his gucci belt wearing, spanish speaking self to a ‘top job’ because he’s a ‘good coach’ according to the media.

He bought Mourinho a ****ing bottle of wine. He deserved a kick up the ****ing head.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

It's constant boredom watching us as of late. I cant believe I was even so bored during a European semi final, I can't be arsed t

I’m pleased you said this, and others to be fair. I was feeling guilty about how bored and completely disengaged I felt tonight. 

• Like 4

Guest Col city fan
2 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

What a strange thread

I love watching us. Progression isn’t linear. The joy in football is sometimes failure and fallibility. Yes, this season has been modest and totally ruined by injuries- yet I've seen us beat the best team in Europe (Liverpool) win away at Rennes and eindhoven and compete in a euro semi for the first time ever. 

Some people just don't seem to know how to enjoy themselves..

If you think the bulk of this season has been ‘enjoyable’… I think you are easily pleased. We’ve had a good run in the Europa Conference, granted. But we got hooked out of both domestic cups relatively early doors, losing in the FA cup to our rivals in possibly the worst performance in a very long time.

And the league campaign has been bang average at best. Rodgers decided to effectively give up in the league (it was only last weekend btw that Spurs mullered us) to put all his eggs in the one basket. And we go out with a whimper..

Enjoyable season…? Nah 

57 minutes ago, LestaAl said:

Time for Top to decide if he trusts the manager to rebuild a team or send us further down the league…..

I'm glad you've mentioned this because I've been wondering for the past hour whether Vichai (God rest his soul) would have tolerated the malaise we have found ourselves in.

Don't get me wrong, the malaise is as good as it gets with European runs and FA Cup wins but we can all see the football is slow and weary the majority of the time, and there have been some inexplicable defeats and collapses along the way.

Edited by Incognito

1 hour ago, Paninistickers said:

What a strange thread

I love watching us. Progression isn’t linear. The joy in football is sometimes failure and fallibility. Yes, this season has been modest and totally ruined by injuries- yet I've seen us beat the best team in Europe (Liverpool) win away at Rennes and eindhoven and compete in a euro semi for the first time ever. 

You enjoy failure? Like in real time, or in retrospect?

I can appreciate a gutsy performance accompanied by a narrow defeat sometimes and I can get over defeats quite quickly. 
In match though I’m an irrational, grumpy twat.

1 hour ago, Paninistickers said:

What a strange thread

I've been on this forum since 2008 and every year people say they're never watching us again, yet most of them are still here. Some people have a positive outlook on life and others enjoy the misery. We're all fans at the end of the day. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm starting to doubt if some of these players are actually that good. We all believe we'll somehow turn into a force next season but we'll be disappointed when these lot turn out yet more insipid tepid displays, 

Ricardo just isn't the same player as he was pre ACL. Its sad to watch. Evans cannot be relied upon anymore. And what the **** has has happened to Barnes? We thought we had a gem but he's turned into a total liability. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Webbo said:

I've been on this forum since 2008 and every year people say they're never watching us again, yet most of them are still here. Some people have a positive outlook on life and others enjoy the misery. We're all fans at the end of the day. 

Nobody is gonna turn their back on the club. It's in our blood and will be til the day we die. People are just so frustrated with the same problems every week. 

• Like 2

When you sum up our season on the whole it's been rubbish.

Getting KOd by Forest as reigning Champions in the Cup and a cr@p Premier League campaign.

This Mickey Mouse Cup has been our only salvation.

And YES we can admit it's a Mickey mouse  Cup now but luckily Roma had a rubbish league  season and ended up in it. Marseille  and Fey6 are okay too but next year you'll probably have more sh1t teams and the true Mickey mouse  of it will be highlighted.

Our play is timid and boring.

Only bonus has been I e been able to take my daughter to the European games!

Roll on August for more of the same....

48 minutes ago, Koke said:

I'm starting to doubt if some of these players are actually that good. We all believe we'll somehow turn into a force next season but we'll be disappointed when these lot turn out yet more insipid tepid displays, 

Ricardo just isn't the same player as he was pre ACL. Its sad to watch. Evans cannot be relied upon anymore. And what the **** has has happened to Barnes? We thought we had a gem but he's turned into a total liability. 

Nah, the players are good. They just rarely get a chance to show it as they're programmed to always look backwards for a safe pass.

Imagine having youri in your team and limiting his game to collecting the ball from defence and playing a short pass to someone.

• Like 3

We're stuck between a rock and a hard place really. Do we pay off the manager and lose our summer budget? Do we change up the most talented squad we've ever had and hope our increasingly unadventurous manager can inspire them? Do we do something in-between and hope it miraculously clicks? There's no easy answers here and whatever our strategy this summer and next season, we could easily continue this trajectory to nowhere for a lot longer.

As someone has already said, I was bored watching Leicester play in a European semi final. That's just plain wrong, but when you've seen the exact same match every week for a year +, how can you genuinely get excited? Losing a game and playing badly in a bigger stadium makes no real difference to me.

Edited by sdb
  • Like 1