Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
OntarioFox

Meh.

On 05/05/2022 at 22:14, peterborofox said:

I hate watching us. It's worse than under Puel imo, considering the differences in squad. Never let a goal in from a corner practically every away game under Puel. It's costing us each game, almost a handicap. 

That was a semi final as I could have gone to bed. It's boring and dross. Can't even remember having the ball under control in their box. Embarrassing, no other words available. 

Roma won that easily, we gave them the tools to do so. Sick of this side now I really am

I feel similarly and have for a while. I don't demand trophies but I can't stand this football. I want him out.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

“But I think he'll reflect on his tactics above all else, because when you go in against Mourinho, you've got to get it right. Definitely, they (Leicester) got it wrong."

The problem is Martin, that Rodgers definitely won’t do this 

I think it's a crap article.  It exposes exactly how the pundits latch onto a reputation and repeat ad nauseum.  He blames the inexperience of the players for our performance, says Rodgers is an outstanding coach, and says "they (Leicester)" got the tactics wrong.

No Martin, it wasn't "they" that got our tactics wrong, it was our so-called outstanding coach.

• Like 3

On 06/05/2022 at 07:45, Sir Shep said:

I have cancelled my Sky Sports sub and I do not touch streams so our performances should now improve, you're welcome! 

I'm now trying to cancel my BT sport subscription. It isn't easy to cancel anything with BT. Good at setting it up though. 

It pains me to say it but I think it's time for a change of manager.

How much will it cost to replace 7 or 8 players or whatever the number is as needed for a squad overhaul? We are not going to get top whack for any of them so in all reality we are going to end up forking out many millions of the club's funds, and then the new players have to bed in and gel. Whereas, we could change the manager, and hope a new voice will bring the freshness and a turnaround in form. I know this is a gamble but I really do believe it is no more of a gamble than trusting Rodgers to overhaul the squad, only to probably play the same tactics.

Soyuncu, for example, is not a bad defender. 18 months ago, he would be aggressive and take the ball as opposed to now where he gets rinsed. I believe a new manager could get him back on track.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Incognito said:

It pains me to say it but I think it's time for a change of manager.

How much will it cost to replace 7 or 8 players or whatever the number is as needed for a squad overhaul? We are not going to get top whack for any of them so in all reality we are going to end up forking out many millions of the club's funds, and then the new players have to bed in and gel. Whereas, we could change the manager, and hope a new voice will bring the freshness and a turnaround in form. I know this is a gamble but I really do believe it is no more of a gamble than trusting Rodgers to overhaul the squad, only to probably play the same tactics.

Soyuncu, for example, is not a bad defender. 18 months ago, he would be aggressive and take the ball as opposed to now where he gets rinsed. I believe a new manager could get him back on track.

'Hope' and 'Gamble' that's the problem. Too much at stake with the new stadium infrastructure pending. Rodgers is a safe pair of hands for now. 

1 hour ago, Spudulike said:

'Hope' and 'Gamble' that's the problem. Too much at stake with the new stadium infrastructure pending. Rodgers is a safe pair of hands for now. 

For 10m a year is that good value?:blink:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spudulike said:

Really?

Its my belief that hanging on to him for any longer will be the start of our downward spiral. Could EASILY end up as the next Everton next season

Edited by The Year Of The Fox
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

It is when you consider a severance package plus the wages of the next incumbant won't be that much different. 

£10m is small beer when the club is about to spend more than 10 times that on building work. 

38 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Really?

Its my belief that hanging on to him for any longer will be the start of our downward spiral. Could EASILY end up as the next Everton next season

We could just as EASILY end up with a disastrous replacement and do a Watford/Norwich. 

14 hours ago, Happy Fox said:

No..but IMO he has earnt another roll of the dice..If October-November he ( not the players) doesn't come up with a more exciting team with potential & dauer-performances are chopped a long way back, then his Irish eyes can smile elsewhere...

A bit of carte-blanche, with at least a

90% + full fit squad & a thought out new squad & quality new faces. If we are able to keep our star players, they also have to show they can produce consistent high performances, or they must be shown Bench-time is programmed...

I don't want to see one position that can't be covered if long poor form, shows its face.

From this season & issues, I only see Maddison,Thomas,Fofana,Evans,

Soyu ( of late), Mendy,KDH, Castagna,Lookman,Justin as my automatic day squad players..

Others have a bit more to prove...

Daka,Nacho, Vardy are hard to asses,

because they are reliant on service from managers & player selection & interfacing..

Rodgers has to get our forwards more involved in the last 3rd.

No excuses from day one next season..

Edited by fuchsntf

3 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

That's just obviously not true. Nobody can seriously believe this.

It was in response to the suggestion that we could do an Everton if Rodgers remains in charge. However, it wouldn't be the first time that a mid-table club has crashed out following a bad managerial appointment. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

It was in response to the suggestion that we could do an Everton if Rodgers remains in charge. However, it wouldn't be the first time that a mid-table club has crashed out following a bad managerial appointment. 

Fair enough. I likewise think we'd have to get it horribly wrong to do what Everton have done this season.

7 hours ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

All the signs are there Dan 

I'm not sure it's quite 'that' bad but you never know.

I think we've got too much attacking quality to be in any serious danger of relegation. This season a good example.

20 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

I feel similarly and have for a while. I don't demand trophies but I can't stand this football. I want him out.

Has bad a season, in presenting dauer performances through this season, I do believe " because of it"  Rodgers knows & understands he has

to make a massive effort to turn it around & I do see him succeeding in bringing the squad forward, and getting them to perform...

He was Never brought in to be a stop-gap, or quick solution, his mandate slipped a liitle, I reckon he is still the One to tidy it up & move us forward again.

If by November there is no Shift in getting the Terrasses to smile & feel Proud of the team again...Then I also want to see a new guy at the helm.

There are excuses for a longer blip than expected ,

but  no excuses whatsoever to see Lack of performances into a season,

where One can reasses,refresh & rebuild...In someways it will be an Unique & exciting challenge,

rubberstamping owners Trust & Loyalty in his direction, which would give any manager a Kick & to prove &up his career  potential.

Also or Even if he cant get all those players we & he would think the Club should be able to sign, he has more than a workable platform...

Edited by fuchsntf

18 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Has bad a season, in presenting dauer performances through this season, I do believe " because of it"  Rodgers knows & understands he has

to make a massive effort to turn it around & I do see him succeeding in bringing the squad forward, and getting them to perform...

He was Never brought in to be a stop-gap, or quick solution, his mandate slipped a liitle, I reckon he is still the One to tidy it up & move us forward again.

If by November there is no Shift in getting the Terrasses to smile & feel Proud of the team again...Then I also want to see a new guy at the helm.

There are excuses for a longer blip than expected ,

but  no excuses whatsoever to see Lack of performances into a season,

where One can reasses,refresh & rebuild...In someways it will be an Unique & exciting challenge,

rubberstamping owners Trust & Loyalty in his direction, which would give any manager a Kick & to prove &up his career  potential.

Also or Even if he cant get all those players we & he would think the Club should be able to sign, he has more than a workable platform...

All fair comments but personally think the odds favour nothing changing by November. The vital thing is how much of our recruitment is down to Rodgers and how much is down to the club. If the club have wrestled back the power then things will eventually click, whether under Rodgers or not.

If Rodgers gets this summer and is allowed to put a big marker on this supposed rebuild then we're frankly mugs and we're definitely on the slide. I'm hoping the club see this before it becomes an issue though. I can tolerate a bit more of this providing the recruitment is OK but not much. I don't look forward to our games anymore and that's a sure sign something's massively wrong. I can't help feeling that way. My only excitement is for tomorrow and that's because I want to put Everton in trouble, but I've no faith we will.

Edited by Dan LCFC
  • Like 2

On 05/05/2022 at 22:39, Paninistickers said:

What a strange thread

I love watching us. Progression isn’t linear. The joy in football is sometimes failure and fallibility. Yes, this season has been modest and totally ruined by injuries- yet I've seen us beat the best team in Europe (Liverpool) win away at Rennes and eindhoven and compete in a euro semi for the first time ever. 

Some people just don't seem to know how to enjoy themselves..

We didn’t win away at Rennes.

10 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

All fair comments but personally think the odds favour nothing changing by November. The vital thing is how much of our recruitment is down to Rodgers and how much is down to the club. If the club have wrestled back the power then things will eventually click, whether under Rodgers or not.

If Rodgers gets this summer and is allowed to put a big marker on this supposed rebuild then we're frankly mugs and we're definitely on the slide. I'm hoping the club see this before it becomes an issue though. I can tolerate a bit more of this providing the recruitment is OK but not much. I don't look forward to our games anymore and that's a sure sign something's massively wrong. I can't help feeling that way. My only excitement is for tomorrow and that's because I want to put Everton in trouble, but I've no faith we will.

This - the problem is that we already seem to be regressing under BR, now, even though it should be the opposite, given that problems (set piece defending etc.) have already been recognised and we've had our injured players back.  This cannot be purely about the players, and as such, BR has to take some responsibility, and yet...

3 year cycles seem to be pretty common in football, and it appears we've reached the end of one here - major changes are probably now needed to start the next, but if BR can't fix the problems even though he's already attempted to (set piece defending especially), then why is it worth keeping him? How can we trust him to fix anything more in the future?  Yes, replacing a manager is always fraught with danger, but if we continue to regress for the rest of this season, I don't see how BR gives the club any other options...?  If we manage to fight, properly, for the rest of the season, like we should have for and since the Florest match, then he might manage to stick around until November, but that has to happen now - TODAY.

If there's no reaction today from the defeat to Roma, then what's the point of continuing as-is?