Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sunbury Fox

Norwich H - 11 May

I think the prices of games are almost something we just read subconsciously and pay anyway despite probably knowing deep down it's not justifiable. 

But its times like this when we really do weigh it up. It'd cost me £60 bare minimum to go tomorrow night. Who in their right minds would? 

Now i'm starting to think back to when i got EMA in college and spent it all on my Season Ticket and trip to Sousa's first match away to Palace (only to get back to Leicester at 3.30am because of an oil spillage on the m25). What has this club done to me? I'm not sure even a therapist would bother solving it. 

Edited by Gamble92
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I know he was crap vs Spurs but I do think we need Soyuncu to mux up our play a bit, he doesn't play by Brendan's rules and launches long balls which allow us to push higher without the opposition having got their banks of 4 in place and means we can press better and force mistakes. 

Problem is he'll probably force a few mistakes on himself too and we'll be 2 nil down.

We need to play him next to Fofona and test to see whether that partnership is our future. If not, sell him this summer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Phenom said:

We need to play him next to Fofona and test to see whether that partnership is our future. If not, sell him this summer.

I think Rodgers has already made his mind up to sell Cags.  As far as I'm aware, there has been no talk of him being offered a new contract, plus Rodgers publicly throwing him under the bus after the Spurs game, and his recent preference to turn to Armartey  suggests that Rodgers has his mind made up already in regards to selling Cags. 

44 minutes ago, Daggers said:

I’m cooking a chorizo and chicken meal for the wife and settling down to some episodes of Upload with a nice wine.

I’m betting I’m more likely to score. This will be impressive as her defence is top class and my plan of attack is only slightly less boring than Rodgers’.

Pass it around at the back for 90 minutes and you are sure to score

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Daggers said:

I’m cooking a chorizo and chicken meal for the wife and settling down to some episodes of Upload with a nice wine.

I’m betting I’m more likely to score. This will be impressive as her defence is top class and my plan of attack is only slightly less boring than Rodgers’.

Don’t watch the second season, it’s worse than our performances against spurs 🤣

8 hours ago, RonnieTodger said:

If we do finish in the top half then watch out for a change in narrative on this season.

“top half and a European semi final” will be the catchphrase. 

Is that wrong though? 

There's plenty of narratives that will be spun. I agree we've not been attractive to watch in the slightest, but it's factually correct if it does happen. Not some catchphrase. 

7 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Is that wrong though? 

There's plenty of narratives that will be spun. I agree we've not been attractive to watch in the slightest, but it's factually correct if it does happen. Not some catchphrase. 

Let’s not get ahead of ourselves. We are 14th and can’t grind out any result right now. I would just be happy to get some points on the board. 

1 hour ago, Daggers said:

Bit early for that isn't it?

• Haha 1

Morning all

Norwich fan just popped in for some friendly local knowledge. Apologies if not the ideal thread but I won’t hang around for long. I’ve been offered a ticket for tonight. Still deciding if I should take it as not much enjoyment around football these days. If I do I’m travelling this afternoon from Norwich by motorbike so need advice on bike parking near the ground. Hopefully free as most bike parking is I’ve come across. Still deciding about going as weather and match prospects equally grim but I might give it a go. Any advice or suggestions appreciated thanks. 

30 minutes ago, jamesp26 said:

Let’s not get ahead of ourselves. We are 14th and can’t grind out any result right now. I would just be happy to get some points on the board. 

Was only providing a response to the quote :)

Should just win today and worry about the other games when they come. 

6 hours ago, Phenom said:

That fateful night last year against villareal they were playing together and were great. 0-3 up at the time. What’s more it made the whole team purr.  Grrrr

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

Is that wrong though? 

It’s not wrong, but these generalised statements overlook the turgid stuff that we’ve watched.

We saw it with Puel at Southampton and constantly hear “8th and a cup final!”

For what it’s worth, obviously I do hope we finish in the top half, but this season overall feels like anything but a good one. Negatives outweigh positives by some distance. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

It’s not wrong, but these generalised statements overlook the turgid stuff that we’ve watched.

We saw it with Puel at Southampton and constantly hear “8th and a cup final!”

For what it’s worth, obviously I do hope we finish in the top half, but this season overall feels like anything but a good one. Negatives outweigh positives by some distance. 

I don't disagree. 

The detail can be looked into at many levels. 

As long as we learn from the negatives and build on the positives that's all anyone can do. 

The biggest positive for me this season is Maddison's form, emergence of KDH and having Fofana back. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Broadsman said:

Morning all

Norwich fan just popped in for some friendly local knowledge. Apologies if not the ideal thread but I won’t hang around for long. I’ve been offered a ticket for tonight. Still deciding if I should take it as not much enjoyment around football these days. If I do I’m travelling this afternoon from Norwich by motorbike so need advice on bike parking near the ground. Hopefully free as most bike parking is I’ve come across. Still deciding about going as weather and match prospects equally grim but I might give it a go. Any advice or suggestions appreciated thanks. 

Right opposite the stadium there is a car park and it has bike racks there. I've seen someone lock up a Vespa to the bike rack. There might also be actual bike parking at the ground. I'm unsure if either are free though...you'd assume so for bikes but not certain.