Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sunbury Fox

Norwich H - 11 May

7 hours ago, Foxdiamond said:

We have morphed into a relegation level side so in good company . How the heck has it come to this almost desperate need to stagger over the line

Exactly this, and so I'm hoping that if we take the lead in this game, a big if I will grant you, we should blow the cobwebs off of our old song book, and give the team and the manager a rousing rendition of "we are staying up" to point out how far below the standards we have dropped off this season. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, funkyrobot said:

How can you drop Fofana? He’s our best defender and there’s absolutely nothing to rest him for. We need another win. 

I agree but he's now played 2 games in 4 days and has only been back recently from 7 months off. No point risking him for no reason. He can play at Watford.

26 minutes ago, Ironman said:

Schmeichal is the root cause of the corner problem.  Put the corner on the 6 yard line and it is a goal.  Iversen a good shout.

I know what you're saying, but kasper has never been a keeper that comes off his line at corners, and teams won't have  just noticed that this season, and we haven't had the same problem to this extent before. In the past we have had defenders that wanted to be first to the incoming ball, and have attacked the ball. For whatever reason, in recent times that has not been happening, and so that has highlighted Kaspers reluctance to leave his line more, but for me, it's down to the defenders to deal with that. It's actually easier as a defender to know that you're keeper is not going to leave his line than to have a keeper that sometimes comes and sometimes doesn't, that leads to a nervous uncertainty.  

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

I agree but he's now played 2 games in 4 days and has only been back recently from 7 months off. No point risking him for no reason. He can play at Watford.

We need 3 points asap. He should play 

7 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

We need 3 points asap. He should play 

What for? We need to look to next season and that isn't risking players do they get injured and miss pre-season or even the start of the season. These next 4 games are extended pre-season friendlies.

Guest Col city fan

We’ll paste Norwich 2/3/4 nil

That won’t paper over the cracks though as Norwich are garbage 

Guest Col city fan
1 hour ago, Ironman said:

Schmeichal is the root cause of the corner problem.  Put the corner on the 6 yard line and it is a goal.  Iversen a good shout.

How can Kasper legislate for central defenders not marking players from corners time and time and time again?

2 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

How can Kasper legislate for central defenders not marking players from corners time and time and time again?

The complete absence of marking is an issue but if as a keeper you can't trust your defenders to deal with the corner, you have to command your area and claim it around the 6 yard box, and if you can't claim it, look to be "fouled" and use the level of protection keepers get. 

15 hours ago, Trev3939 said:

Can we get those Thai monks in to pray for us before this match

Not a bad idea and we'd have a chance of getting a result, but I don't think they can be registered until the season's over

Ahhh, "pray for us", sorry I misread that

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Ironman said:

Nah. Take yesterday's goal. No way Kasper should be coming off his line for that. Wes should have picked it up and if you look at his reaction afterwards you can tell he knows it.