Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sunbury Fox

Norwich H - 11 May

Evertons 2nd yesterday was an embarrassment. No one challenged Richarlison he had free header. Fonfana completely misjudged or mistimed his jump, not that it would have made any difference. They look amateurish at defending corners and I think it all stems from Kaspers inability to command his 6 yrd box. 

• Like 3

....at this moment playing a diamond for the rest of the season would be an idea!!!

It would make a change from what we have been doing and we might see the players enjoying their game again.

Kasper

Castagne Fofana Evans JJ 

Mendy

Soumare             KDH 

Maddison

Daka             Vardy 

We can rotate Brunt for Mendy and Braybrooke gets 10 minutes every game. Lookman and Barnes are options for upfront. 

Playing a set pattern over a period might just give us the idea that we have an identity. 

We had no problems defending corners when Kasper was in net in our title winning season, putting all the blame on him is a bit of a cop out if you ask me. The way we're set up to defend corners is actually laughable. Teams know we keep Evans and Fofana stood in the 6 yard area so they whip it in towards the penalty spot and win the first header every single time. 

Ultimately, that has to fall on the manager.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

We’ll paste Norwich 2/3/4 nil

That won’t paper over the cracks though as Norwich are garbage 

The only way I can see this happening is if we score early and they cave. If I was Dean Smith, I'd be sticking 10 behind the ball as the longer we go without scoring, the less inventive we seem to get in making it happen. 

Also, I don't think 'quietening the crowd' will be necessary....

Guest Col city fan
2 hours ago, Munshi said:

We had no problems defending corners when Kasper was in net in our title winning season, putting all the blame on him is a bit of a cop out if you ask me. The way we're set up to defend corners is actually laughable. Teams know we keep Evans and Fofana stood in the 6 yard area so they whip it in towards the penalty spot and win the first header every single time. 

Ultimately, that has to fall on the manager.

Exactly this

It’s rubbish defending! It’s been rubbish all season

We had three central defenders playing on Sunday and NONE of them marked the fella for the first header. I could say (again) that the bloke nearest to him was Dan? But I won’t….

😉

I’d like to see youth teamers get a gig now.

Wanya Marcal-Madivadua & Lewis Brunt are the most advanced given their age & physicality.

Schmeichel 

Castagne 

Fofana

Evans 

Justin

Brunt

KDH (WMM on at 55/60 minutes)

Barnes

Kel

Maddison 

Daka

Schmeichel

Castagne

Fofana

Evans

Justin

Mendy

KDH

Braybrooke

Maddison

Alves

Daka

Christmas tree formation. Full backs actively encouraged to regularly cross half way line. Players actively encouraged to take risks and move ball forwards at speed.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FoxinNotts said:

Schmeichel

Castagne

Fofana

Evans

Justin

Mendy

Tielemans

KDH

Maddison

Vardy

Daka

....if we really wish to play this role properly then we either have Maddison in the middle of the central three or behind a 2 in the #10 role!!!

Maddison is too good a player to omit from a first eleven and should just not be accommodated. If we do not wish to build the team around him then sell him, as we would have no real need for a #10.

Alternatively we tweak the system, by just playing a two upfront with Maddison in the #10 role, making a  4-3-1-2.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, StevieLynex said:

Can we boo at the 30 minute mark in protest at the huge pay off he will get when he gets the boot

Implies a 30 million pay off. Are you sure Mr Lynex or are you just winging it?

What if he goes halfes with the the home fans present, 0.002 pounds each..... or 500 pounds each, depending on how you use a calculator

Just the 15 million to Brendan.

5 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

https://www.lcfc.com/news/2610910/daka-football-a-game-of-chances

Has Daka been taught media duties by Michael Owen 

"Football is a game of chances, so if you don’t take your chances and the other team does take their chances… whoever takes their chances will win the game.

....pretty much stating the obvious there, but it was a good interview!!!

He seems to understand the shortfalls of the team and you can tell he is someone who likes to win, always.  Working on his game along with his colleagues doing the same for the benefit of the team, shows he is not afraid to put the work in to make it right.

I wonder how many, in this team, are as single minded as he is. He very much sound like a big club player who is willing to call out the players alongside of him, who are not pulling their weight. He has the right mentality.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, smudger63 said:

I know what you're saying, but kasper has never been a keeper that comes off his line at corners, and teams won't have  just noticed that this season, and we haven't had the same problem to this extent before. In the past we have had defenders that wanted to be first to the incoming ball, and have attacked the ball. For whatever reason, in recent times that has not been happening, and so that has highlighted Kaspers reluctance to leave his line more, but for me, it's down to the defenders to deal with that. It's actually easier as a defender to know that you're keeper is not going to leave his line than to have a keeper that sometimes comes and sometimes doesn't, that leads to a nervous uncertainty.  

I think this is a fair point, we attack the ball terribly and organisation of where players are also terrible. But to deal with this problem we need the keeper to take control and he hasn't been willing to do that. He might flap occasionally and concede but if he gets his first to most corners, particularly outswingers we would be better off in the long run. More opportunity to win free kicks as well.