Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sunbury Fox

Norwich H - 11 May

To be fair to Schmeichal spending a few weeks behind Amartey and Soyuncu would kill any keeper’s confidence.  Possibly I am a bit unfair saying he is the constant, and I know that our centre halves are poor at defending, but he does need to be decisive and brave.  Flatten a few forwards when punching the ball out would send a message.  We don’t seem to be able to win a header in the opposition box either.

• Like 1

Scrappy 1-0 victory (only because they didn't take any corners). 

Brendan to come out after the game and say how his chat at full time against everton worked wonders and the lads showed great character. 

• Haha 2

53 minutes ago, Ironman said:

To be fair to Schmeichal spending a few weeks behind Amartey and Soyuncu would kill any keeper’s confidence.  Possibly I am a bit unfair saying he is the constant, and I know that our centre halves are poor at defending, but he does need to be decisive and brave.  Flatten a few forwards when punching the ball out would send a message.  We don’t seem to be able to win a header in the opposition box either.

....it is obvious, they are poorly coached!!!

They take up the same positions when defending and do the same in the oppositions box, our coaches do not have a clue how to resolve this dilemma. In this situation your senior pros step up and organise what needs to happen in future. The fact that Johnny Evans or Kasper has not stepped in and got this sorted is a big worry. Either someone is not taking on other peoples ideas or our defensive stalwart is not as knowledgeable as we would like him to be. 

19 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

If we want a keeper that's going to control his area from set pieces then i think we are going to have to get another keeper. Kasper has never done it and i doubt he will start this late in his career.

I've not watched Preston this season, but is this something that Iverson does? If so, I hope he's ready to be our no.1 next season... 

1 hour ago, Steve Earle said:

I've not watched Preston this season, but is this something that Iverson does? If so, I hope he's ready to be our no.1 next season... 

I'm not sure, I've not seen Preston either to be honest.  

10 hours ago, Munshi said:

We had no problems defending corners when Kasper was in net in our title winning season, putting all the blame on him is a bit of a cop out if you ask me. The way we're set up to defend corners is actually laughable. Teams know we keep Evans and Fofana stood in the 6 yard area so they whip it in towards the penalty spot and win the first header every single time. 

Ultimately, that has to fall on the manager.

He used to punch the ball back then though.

12 hours ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

What for? We need to look to next season and that isn't risking players do they get injured and miss pre-season or even the start of the season. These next 4 games are extended pre-season friendlies.

Because mathematically we could still be relegated. The next 4 games are vital, both for the manager and his job and for players trying to secure a contract. Fofana has barely played any football this season, he needs game time. 

This needs to be a no nonsense all out attacking performance. If we can't beat an already relegated very poor bottom side there's no hope. No tippy tappy safety first Brent bullshit, this needs to be an angry aggressive performance and if we are 3 nil up at half time, the team don't need any more bollocks about controlling the game alla West Brom, they need to aim for another 3 goals in the second half. For a long time now it's seemed as if the players have been suppressed from using their own judgement and skills as professional footballers and made to follow a strict set of rules or patterns of play. I think if we could send Rodgers to Spain on holiday 3 games early to top up his tan and get his teeth whitened, we'd see a drastic improvement in entertainment on the pitch.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

I think Norwich will be looking forward to this one.

I can't wait until we're mathematically safe and the whole stadium can sing 'we are staying up, we are staying up' over and over.

Because that's where we are right now.

Don’t they lock it up at night-time?🤔

• Haha 1

We need to stop the rot and win a bloody game of football. This one seems as plausible as any. 

Our worst Premier League finish since our return is 14th and that was the great escape season. Surely we can’t finish lower than that, with this quality of squad and one of the worlds highest paid coaches? 

38 minutes ago, phoneticerror said:

Okay, enough time has passed since Sunday. Up for this now. Need to smash these canaries and give the fans something back. Bench Youri. 

I have decided to use my Magic Lantern's third wish to make you 'manager for a day' assuming you drop that Belgian as promised.

• Haha 1