Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sunbury Fox

Norwich H - 11 May

4 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Sounds like we may be blooding one or two youngsters for the final four games  :scarf:

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/leicester-city-rodgers-alves-braybrooke-7059747

But jesus, I had forgotten how bad the regional newspaper websites are - absolute horror stories

I’d put out a youngster and bench Youri. Time to make a point.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, phoneticerror said:

I tell you what would be typical f**king Leicester this season. Draw to Norwich, Lose away to Watford, Draw/Lose to Southampton at home, but win 3-1 away at Chelsea.

I'm really pessimistic right now.  I think what would be totally Leicester is to lose to Norwich and Watford, with Burley / Everton and Leeds all getting results. But agree, i currently look at the Chelsea game and think that's winnable :P.

FFS, i'm so down i would take draw against Norwich because it would make is mathematically safe (on goal difference only i believe). 

2 minutes ago, jamesp26 said:

I'm really pessimistic right now.  I think what would be totally Leicester is to lose to Norwich and Watford, with Burley / Everton and Leeds all getting results. But agree, i currently look at the Chelsea game and think that's winnable :P.

FFS, i'm so down i would take draw against Norwich because it would make is mathematically safe (on goal difference only i believe). 

The problem for me is that I can handle Leicester losing when they try. I’ve not seen any real effort for a while, and that’s just a kick in the face for the supporters. If they worked their arses off and lost, the support would still be there in large numbers. But at the minute, most are f**ked off at wasting money. I’d love my £50 back from Sunday.

We need to put the strongest forward thinking team out IMO vs Norwich to try to turn the tide and secure our place in the division. Confidence is rock bottom. With £2m or so merit money per place there is a big difference between 10th and 16th

6 minutes ago, phoneticerror said:

The problem for me is that I can handle Leicester losing when they try. I’ve not seen any real effort for a while, and that’s just a kick in the face for the supporters. If they worked their arses off and lost, the support would still be there in large numbers. But at the minute, most are f**ked off at wasting money. I’d love my £50 back from Sunday.

Its too emotional right now. If that result happened in November we would be dusting ourselves down, looking at the positives, and just looking at the next game. Rewatching some extended highlights, we were done by Mykolenko shot that he will never do again, and PIckford made 2 amazing save, and one good one (Mendy's shot wasn't as good as i remembered at the match). All my whinging about Barnes at the match, he had 3 great chances in the second half. My point is, i came home thinking I watched a bunch of wasters who didn't give a toss, but actually we were better than that.

Just now, jamesp26 said:

Its too emotional right now. If that result happened in November we would be dusting ourselves down, looking at the positives, and just looking at the next game. Rewatching some extended highlights, we were done by Mykolenko shot that he will never do again, and PIckford made 2 amazing save, and one good one (Mendy's shot wasn't as good as i remembered at the match). All my whinging about Barnes at the match, he had 3 great chances in the second half. My point is, i came home thinking I watched a bunch of wasters who didn't give a toss, but actually we were better than that.

I still think that for the most part. No point Barnes keep having supposed chances if he’s never going to convert them. Happening time and time again.

15 minutes ago, 5waller5 said:

We’ll win tonight.

A drab possession based 2-0, Brent will celebrate the control we had in the game.

Norwich will be used as his new benchmark of how good we are under him.

The torture will continue.

I think it's tomorrow buddy.

15 minutes ago, 5waller5 said:

We’ll win tonight.

A drab possession based 2-0, Brent will celebrate the control we had in the game.

Well you certainly made me double check the date of the match 😂 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

Imagine how toxic it will turn if we do not win this game

I think if it's anything like Sundays game we can expect a lot of booing from certain fans and a lot of moans and groans. 

depends how the game goes but you could have thousands of people filtering out after the 80th minute if its as dull as Sunday, especially with it being midweek as well. 

Think we will win just based on how awful Norwich are, i'm hoping there's an eye on next season with the team selection though.

Kasper

Castagne Fofana Evans Justin

Soumare KDH

Maddison

Iheanacho     Vardy     Barnes

4 hours ago, 5waller5 said:

We’ll win tonight.

So even when we do win it won't be a good thing? 

Pre-match Press Conference vs Norwich

Norwich?

"We are very determined playing another home game after losing at the weekend. We've been on a decent run at home. To lose the game in the manner we did was disappointing. We need to finish the season as strongly as we can. I’m looking forward to the summer. Playing at home, we really enjoy it, the pitch is amazing and it allows us to play our football.”

Top half aim?

“I said a couple of months back that it would be important for us. The expectations have increased and that means the disappointment increases. I always have the bigger picture of where we're at. It’s important to finish as high as we can and take confidence into pre-season.”

Exhausted options from set-pieces?

“There's always something. It’s been an issue for us all season. It’s pretty straight forward from a theoretical side of it. Every team will analyse it. We have missed games with certain profiles. We had issues when those profiles in the team. A lot of it boils down to the courage in the team to get first contact. We will be better next year once we've had the summer. We had very limited time to work on it, so it can be difficult. Nearly half of our goals have been from corners, so it's glaring where we need to improve for next season. We go into this game that we defend properly. We need to keep a clean sheet."

Injuries?

“James Maddison will be back. RIccardo won't be available, but James Justin will be, which is good news.”

Backed for transfers?

“It’s where the club are brilliant. We also know what we've created and we’re very focused on what we need over the summer. You want to keep your core players but you want to add quality, we have profiles we want to improve. We don’t have masses of money but we want to bring in players who can adapt to how we work. Players that are aggressive.There are players like that out there.”

Easy game?

“There never is. It’s always a tough game, I’m 100 per cent sure Dean will be getting them ready for promotion next year. He knows how to get promoted. They have some good players. They bossed the game against Man United. If we want three points, we have to show hunger in terms of defending from a static positon.”

Targets?

“We have some performance goals. We have little targets, but for us it’s about the level of performance. We are looking to play with enjoyment.”

Improvements?

“Once we conceded that, it was ‘here we go again’ for the players. In general, the level of our game has been good. We need to penetrate more. We arrive in the final third very well in terms of getting into those areas but we need to show extra quality there.”

Fofana?

“He’s done very well. It’s about maintaining fitness and working his way back to a level. He’s only going to get better.”

Decisions made or can players still play for their futures?

“It’s open until the end of the season. You get an opportunity every day, the attitude in training is most important. They have to train hard and work well, that's what they can control. I’m always observing training to see the energy of players. That’s all they can do. In the summer, players may want to leave for more game-time. I’m looking forward to it to reset and bringing in talent, hunger, goals, and different profiles. It’s been a great period for us, but now we reflect and reset a lot of things. That’s the plan.”

How many transfers?

“It might increase if you need more players, but it might decrease if you don't have the budget, so I don’t want to put a number on it.”

What's needed in final four games?

“What we've tried to do is create a winning mentality and that's what I want to see in the performance. You need the hunger and intensity. It might seem there’s nothing to play for, but for us it’s about finishing as high as you can and taking therpforamnce level into the summer. The season doesn’t stop until the final whistle of the last game.”

Edited by moore_94