Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sunbury Fox

Norwich H - 11 May

36 minutes ago, StanSP said:

So even when we do win it won't be a good thing? 

Winning a dead rubber against a relegated side that results in the stale manager keeping his job??

Depends whether you think “good thing” applies to just tomorrow or for the medium term I guess

5 hours ago, Jabfox said:

I think if it's anything like Sundays game we can expect a lot of booing from certain fans and a lot of moans and groans. 

depends how the game goes but you could have thousands of people filtering out after the 80th minute if its as dull as Sunday, especially with it being midweek as well. 

Well it’s not billed as a classic, we haven’t won in 7 games and Norwich have only won 1 in 14

Preview 

Last week couldn’t have gone much worse for Leicester City who suffered two Premier League (PL) losses and a UEFA Europa Conference League semi-final defeat to Roma. The visit of rock-bottom and already relegated Norwich City does at least provide hope of a return to winning ways, but another defeat would mark the first time Leicester have lost three successive league games since February 2019.

That losing run back in 2019 spelled the end of Claude Puel’s reign as Leicester boss, and with growing discontent around Brendan Rodgers’ future in the King Power hotseat, it’s easy to see why an honest dressing room discussion was held in the aftermath of Sunday’s 2-1 defeat to Everton. Rodgers should at least be able to appease the Leicester faithful here if he can continue his impressive personal H2H record against Norwich across the last eight meetings (W5, D2, L1).

Norwich have very little to play for besides preparing for the Championship next season, but a win in the East Midlands could lift Norwich off the foot of the table if results elsewhere go their way. Although considering both the ‘Canaries’ only away league wins this season have come against Brentford and Watford - two sides that were promoted to the PL alongside them - confidence isn’t likely to be high.

The visitors’ inability to win away against more ‘established’ PL sides (D3, L12) has been one of the things that has cost them this season, as has their inability to score goals on their travels. Dean Smith’s side have clocked up a league-low ten away league goals this season and with just three of those coming in the first half, don’t expect a fast Norwich start.

Players to watch: Leicester’s Patson Daka has seen all five of his PL goals come at home - the last three were the ‘Foxes’ first of the day. Meanwhile, Norwich’s Teemu Pukki scored in the reverse H2H and also during his last visit to the King Power Stadium.

Hot stat: A league-high 23 of Leicester’s games this season saw both teams score.

7 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

Sounds like we may be blooding one or two youngsters for the final four games  :scarf:

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/leicester-city-rodgers-alves-braybrooke-7059747

But jesus, I had forgotten how bad the regional newspaper websites are - absolute horror stories

Shrewd from Brendan, if he plays Alves and Braybrooke these next 4 games he knows I'll flip flop again.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, 5waller5 said:

Winning a dead rubber against a relegated side that results in the stale manager keeping his job??

Depends whether you think “good thing” applies to just tomorrow or for the medium term I guess

I just like my team to win to be honest. Not be spiteful in the occasion that it does happen. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, filbertway said:

Brendan's got you feeling like you support Fort William lol

I'm not massively bothered about the result tbh, not sure why anyone would be - they’re all dead rubbers.

Not to bothered about a competition who’s the best fan either - I’m happy if they win, I’ll also see the bright side of a loss: it’s another nail for BR.

4 hours ago, LVocey said:

Think we will win just based on how awful Norwich are, i'm hoping there's an eye on next season with the team selection though.

Kasper

Castagne Fofana Evans Justin

Soumare KDH

Maddison

Iheanacho     Vardy     Barnes

....at this moment I would swap Barnes for Lookman and Maswanhise for Nacho!!!

52 minutes ago, 5waller5 said:

I'm not massively bothered about the result tbh, not sure why anyone would be - they’re all dead rubbers.

Not to bothered about a competition who’s the best fan either - I’m happy if they win, I’ll also see the bright side of a loss: it’s another nail for BR.

Always want us to win. Our form has been bad and we should never turn our nose up at 3 points for a Premier League win. Also we are uncomfortably still close to bottom of division and for a true so called dead rubber we would be  safe and not able to rise or fall places

1 hour ago, 5waller5 said:

Its not a dead rubber until we are safe. Must win!

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

4-3-1-2 for this please

Nacho.        Daka

Perez/Barnes

Bouba.  Maddison. KDH

JJ.       Evans. Wes.  Ricardo

Kasper

Ricardo is out for season 

24 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

.... not sure who this is supposed to be...!!!

Struggling to understand your post in actual fact.

Sorry my fault. I was trying to do two things at once. Lesson learnt. I liked your team and meant to comment on someone else. Forgive me I had an operation today and anaesethic  is wearing off and pain kicking in. 

• Haha 1