Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Are you Rodgers in, or Rodgers out?

In / Out  

671 members have voted

1. 1. So, it’s been a while - In or Out

12 minutes ago, fox in the sox said:

I have given you the reason- can you give examples of medium size clubs doing well in both? Yes West Ham have done reasonably well and may just scrape into Europe again - but we had 17 players missing at one stage making it impossible for us to do this season.

Yeah West Ham this season and Wolves went deep into the Europa league and finished 7th in the league a few years ago. There a couple from recent seasons.

I go back to the point that we could of easily won that conference league and finished in the top 7 of the league this season if we had more intent to win games. 

11 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Ok that’s surprising. The football is diabolical. 

Yes some of it has been this season (although it was only the 2nd home defeat in 17 home matches.) In previous seasons he has given us some brilliant football so he deserves longer.

Edited by fox in the sox

Just now, fox in the sox said:

Yes some of it has been this season (although it was only the 2nd home defeat in 17 hone matches.) In previous seasons he has given us some brilliant football so he deserves longer.

Spells of brilliant football, he's yet to show any real consistency of those standards and he doesn't seem remotely interested in addressing any flaws in how he sets us up. Add in that he seems to really struggle to get us out of the ruts we get in to.

I don't necessarily want him to go, and he's proved he can get far in (and win) cup competitions which is why I was reluctant to join the 'Rodgers Out' team. But it's like Puel without the good signings at the moment. And the set piece issue is absurd, one of the most pathetic things I've ever seen. 

7 minutes ago, Lcfc82 said:

Yeah West Ham this season and Wolves went deep into the Europa league and finished 7th in the league a few years ago. There a couple from recent seasons.

I go back to the point that we could of easily won that conference league and finished in the top 7 of the league this season if we had more intent to win games. 

West Ham are not there yet. Wolves is one example but they barely had any injuries that season and the next year when the injuries came they were lower down the table.

I'm in - but want him to be better. 

If he can stop thinking he's a fvcking genius and just go back to being a half decent manager, and to try and instil a little oomph, then I think he's a good fit for us. 

If he carries on the way he has been in the league for the past 18 months or so, then he can't really complain about getting a little bit of heat. Or the boot.    

In.

Next season he has the opportunity to pick a starting 11 and play the same players weekly. 

This summer can't come quickly enough now. A chance to clear a few squad players out as we don't need such a massive squad as we are not in an European competition. A few wannabes can be moved on for a few quid as well.

The corner issue can be fixed with the right CB coming in and a system practiced. 

I don't think we are far off. We have had a few new players that have needed time to settle into the prem this year. Also a couple of our starters at the moment would have been no where near most supporters teams at the beginning of the season.

I imagine getting a full season out of some of our injured stars will be fruitful next year. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Spells of brilliant football, he's yet to show any real consistency of those standards and he doesn't seem remotely interested in addressing any flaws in how he sets us up. Add in that he seems to really struggle to get us out of the ruts we get in to.

It was consistently good for much of the 2019/20 and 2020/21 seasons - people forget very quickly.

4 minutes ago, Product of 84 said:

In.

Next season he has the opportunity to pick a starting 11 and play the same players weekly. 

This summer can't come quickly enough now. A chance to clear a few squad players out as we don't need such a massive squad as we are not in an European competition. A few wannabes can be moved on for a few quid as well.

The corner issue can be fixed with the right CB coming in and a system practiced. 

I don't think we are far off. We have had a few new players that have needed time to settle into the prem this year. Also a couple of our starters at the moment would have been no where near most supporters teams at the beginning of the season.

I imagine getting a full season out of some of our injured stars will be fruitful next year. 

Who's your dealer? 

2 minutes ago, fox in the sox said:

It was consistently good for much of the 2019/20 and 2020/21 seasons - people forget very quickly.

For the first half of both seasons, I wouldn't class that as consistent. We're also talking about the post saying good football not just good results.

2 minutes ago, GloverFox said:

It’s a result business, seven losses on the bounce and a complete lack of urgency on show ….. goodbye and don’t let the door smack you on the arse on the way out ! ….. is Megson still available???

We haven’t lost seven on the bounce. If you want Megson, you need a lobotomy

New to this forum but not new to being a supporter - first game I saw was in 1968.  Rodgers has simply lost confidence in his players and himself.  We have lost confidence in him and many of the players. It’s the cycle of things.  They are horrible to watch now, and I have no interest in watching them again this season, even though I have a ticket.  Time for him to go.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FoxInTheBirstallBox said:

As annoying as the season has been with him scribbling down the same mistakes in his book all season. It would be interesting to have a look at the back room staff, because our defensive coach is clearly not up to the job.

If the backroom staff aren't up to much he should have addressed it, also it's probably a case of the coaches working to a remit set by Rodgers. They probably get some input, but ultimately it needs to fit in with Rodgers overall plan for the team.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, fox in the sox said:

West Ham are not there yet. Wolves is one example but they barely had any injuries that season and the next year when the injuries came they were lower down the table.

So I’ve given examples but you won’t accept them 

West Ham will make it again this year and Wolves finished 7th the year they did well in the Europa league, they only missed out on qualifying again because Arsenal won 1 of the cups and finished 8th.

We have also been pretty much injury free for the run in anyway so that’s not really a relevant excuse now.

1 minute ago, FoxInTheBirstallBox said:

As annoying as the season has been with him scribbling down the same mistakes in his book all season. It would be interesting to have a look at the back room staff, because our defensive coach is clearly not up to the job.

Agree unless they all are fed up with him too