Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Are you Rodgers in, or Rodgers out?

In / Out  

671 members have voted

1. 1. So, it’s been a while - In or Out

Im Rodgers in, but he is on borrowed time.

A big summer is needed where a good shakeup is needed. In all areas. We need to look at why the injury list is unrelenting and do something about it. We need to look at why we cant defend corners and do something about it. We need to look at a hungry, physical profile of player and bring them in, and ship anyone out that either wants to go, or doesnt fit into Rodgers plans.

If the changes are made, possibly in the backroom, and new players freshen things up, but we are languishing after 8 weeks, then Rodgers must go, I dont think anyone would argue with that.

Id also like to ask @Daggers who he regards as a great coach, a talent developer and master tactician who would be chomping at the bit to come to Leicester City.

A great coach, developer of talent and master tactician would be someone like Pep Guardiola, Alex Ferguson or Arsene Wenger. Ten Hag would have probably fitted your bill, WAY out of our league. Please dont suggest Graham Potter is a master tactician, because if he is, theres about 500 master tacticians across Europe.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Smashing-Pumpkin said:

Im Rodgers in, but he is on borrowed time.

A big summer is needed where a good shakeup is needed. In all areas. We need to look at why the injury list is unrelenting and do something about it. We need to look at why we cant defend corners and do something about it. We need to look at a hungry, physical profile of player and bring them in, and ship anyone out that either wants to go, or doesnt fit into Rodgers plans.

If the changes are made, possibly in the backroom, and new players freshen things up, but we are languishing after 8 weeks, then Rodgers must go, I dont think anyone would argue with that.

Id also like to ask @Daggers who he regards as a great coach, a talent developer and master tactician who would be chomping at the bit to come to Leicester City.

A great coach, developer of talent and master tactician would be someone like Pep Guardiola, Alex Ferguson or Arsene Wenger. Ten Hag would have probably fitted your bill, WAY out of our league. Please dont suggest Graham Potter is a master tactician, because if he is, theres about 500 master tacticians across Europe.

You sure can - and for my answer please see all the posts where I've named one.

On 08/05/2022 at 22:57, Ian Nacho said:

He should be sacked for the set pieces alone. I can’t get over all the shite excuses he gives the press; one week it’s profile of player, the next it’s lack of aggression. I’m genuinely curious to what they’re doing being the scenes to try and address this issue. 

Next we’ll be hearing that recruitment have signed some of the seven dwarves to play in defence and they’ve all got release clauses for panto come January. 

• Haha 2

23 hours ago, l444ry said:

Would be interested to know the percentage of "IN" that are "fortunate" enough to get to away games. They have been far worse than they look on TV or Streams that's for sure.

Been to few away games, as well of most of the home games, l am in, let see what he does in the summer, for a start, and who are we going to replace him with, if he does go? l will admit l didn't like the over achieve comment, as this is where we should be.

• Like 1

On 08/05/2022 at 20:17, Harry the Cat said:

We haven’t lost seven on the bounce. If you want Megson, you need a lobotomy

First win in eight across all competitions … on the official site … apology accepted and clearly sarcasm of another useless manager wasted … jog on 

In. We're 10th in table ffs, with every prospect of finishing higher after a nightmare season with injuries.  Players don't always come back from injury and immediately hit the same form as previously, and unfortunately, none of ours did.  Add that to the huge number of niggling hamstring injuries that interrupted any kind settled team selection, and it's little wonder we're not the 3 or 4 places higher up the league that would have signified an OK season.

I suppose we could always go for a nice shiny new broom like Leeds have.......

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, PaulW said:

In. We're 10th in table ffs, with every prospect of finishing higher after a nightmare season with injuries.  Players don't always come back from injury and immediately hit the same form as previously, and unfortunately, none of ours did.  Add that to the huge number of niggling hamstring injuries that interrupted any kind settled team selection, and it's little wonder we're not the 3 or 4 places higher up the league that would have signified an OK season.

Don't talk sense on here!

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

We all must see different things. Thomas has gained valuable experience this season and hasn't "regressed" at all imo, but he certainly wasn't excelling at left-back. He had one excellent game against Liverpool and was anything between solid to poor in the rest. The left hand side looks loads stronger with JJ or Castagne there, it's just ashame Barnes has lost his form in recent times. 

I like Thomas a lot but he isn't good enough yet to be a starter. It's another one of the strange opinions (alongside BR out) that the majority of our fanbase seems to have gravitated towards for weak reasoning. 

Your last line is also far from the mark - his squad can't play the football that he wants to play, hence the need to freshen things up in the summer. It's quite obvious BR hasn't had us playing one way for the last 2 and a half years to change it this season. Our injury issues and 2/3 games a week has exposed this. We have about 11-14 players who are able to do it and the rest don't fit. 

We do see the situation very differently. Thomas was (and will be) good enough for a long series of games in which he more than held his own. He featured in the team which finished 5th and won the Cup - being involved in the winning goal and scoring a fantastic first goal in a league game. Had BR not dropped him when the injured returned, then he would have continued in the same vein. As it was BR has now probably sown the seeds of doubt in his head about his ability.

BR has worn out his new manager effect. Players will accept a manager's peccadilloes at the start - it's only when he persists in tactics and selections that are counter intuitive that doubts begin to appear. His persistence with Perez was difficult to understand when his input was so lacking in output. 

Each press conference brings out yet more contradictory comments, but all placing responsibility on the players.

And we can see, from last night, that there is still great potency in the attack. The defence needs rebuilding, but many of us saw the necessity of transferring in another capable central defender seasons ago. He apparently didn't see that until Fofana got mugged and had to choose the next in the queue in the summer sales.

We have had an exceptionally dire injury problem and many more games than usual. Yet I've always found it inspiring how a really good manager can expect his players to endure and reward his leadership by going the extra yards.

Posters on here were almost screaming for Tielemans to be rested, yet has he not, almost, been in every game? The same is happening with KDH, yet on he battles with enthusiasm.  

I don't tend to run with the weak-reasoning herd - those who stampede at the final whistle of the first poor game. However, I believe you are missing some significant clues about his shortcomings. Football is mostly about convincing your players that they are able to outperform the opposition. Rodgers is mostly interested in convincing the media that he's alright, Jack and it's the others who are getting his strategies and tactics wrong.

Maybe he's hanging on here not for the team or the support, but because this is the pot of gold at rainbow's end and he's v. comfortable here, thank you.

Despite our recent winning run of 1 game against difficult opposition (they turned up) I'm still on the Rodgers out side of the fence. Don't have a clue who we could afford to replace him with, or who would even want to come here from foreign lands or these shores. The last 3 seasons post Christmas have been diabolical in terms of league results.

If we finish top half it will look harsh getting rid of him, given all the issues we’ve had with injuries and quantities of games. That said we should be in the European spots with the points we’ve gifted and thrown away.

You can see what he’s trying to do - get us to play assertive football. Yes we need to become better at it, and I’d like to see us have a genuine plan b (a target man striker on the bench for example), but **** all the haters I’m Rodgers in.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, PaulW said:

The issue isn't necessarily the results this season, we've done all right, particularly at home and look on course for a respectable finish.

But if you watch or go to the matches, frankly there have been far too many games where we pass it around aimlessly lacking a cutting edge. And we appear at a loss for what to do when teams sit back deep and want to counter attack us. It appears Rodgers is caught between wanting to play an attacking possession based style but also afraid of being caught on the counter attack so he's doing possession based football but not really committing to it, making players stay back in their positions rather than breaking lines and it sucks to watch.

Either decide to go defensive, and more direct, or commit to being an attacking side who will sometimes ship goals. he is trying to do both and achieving neither, despite what the results might suggest.

also - the fraility from set pieces which he hasn't been able to address is another big, big nail in his coffin. You wonder what they are doing on the training ground.

I think we just need a change in our style of play and the approach from the manager. Rodgers is not a bad manager, he'll go and do well somewhere else, but his time is up here. Pearson, or at least someone of that mould, in please. I think we could do worse than Chris Wilder honestly.

Nothing has changed for me after Norwich. 

I'm still in, but at the same time hugely concerned about our problems which he doesn't seem to know how to address. 

A win against a buried team doesn't change that, but barring an absolute collapse toward the end of the season he still deserves the summer to work with the team.

Talking of a summer rebuild, he has not alot of time as season starts earlier due to world cup so I guess after the Southampton game there are two weeks lost as all will be on holiday. Then bringing the players in, getting them on pre season, bedding them in to the team and how he wants his team to play. Clock is ticking..... I think December will be the month if we find ourselves struggling again, so I am saying IN.... however depends on how quick we can bring the players in I guess alot of work is being done drawing up contracts, who will stay who will go and potential new signings

On 08/05/2022 at 20:14, GloverFox said:

It’s a result business, seven losses on the bounce and a complete lack of urgency on show ….. goodbye and don’t let the door smack you on the arse on the way out ! ….. is Megson still available???

I agree we hadn’t won in seven but we had not had seven losses on the bounce as you stated. Now are you going to apologise? Would you really want to swap Rodgers for Megson? That period was one of the most depressing periods for me watching the foxes. I know some of the football recently has been bad, but not as turgid as the Megson era. 

Comments that we pass it around aimlessly side to side don’t address the all the successful sides do that. They move their opposition around and then exploit the space created. 

BUT we are too slow this season because the players have no confidence and take extra touches for fear of making an error. They begin to hide a little. 

hence we never have space to exploit 

how you change that I have no idea?  Guess you just wait to get a couple fortuitous results and hope the confidence flows and passing becomes more crisp and earlier 

I think we will be better placed  in two or three years when some of the youngsters come through ….. who knows what next season holds - a World Cup mid season could be interesting in October as international players begin to think about picking up injuries  ….

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Harry the Cat said:

I agree we hadn’t won in seven but we had not had seven losses on the bounce as you stated. Now are you going to apologise? Would you really want to swap Rodgers for Megson? That period was one of the most depressing periods for me watching the foxes. I know some of the football recently has been bad, but not as turgid as the Megson era. 

He’s probably still miffed about the sheepskin coats he got into trouble over in the late seventies ……..

On 10/05/2022 at 22:01, Daggers said:

Out. Was on the fence during the end to the last season. I saw things I didn't like. They proved to be correct this season. Nothing will now convince me this self-promotion expert is in anyway competent to take the side forward.

He's not a great coach.

He doesn't develop talent.

He is not a master tactician.

He is a fraud who takes credit for players overachieving and points the finger when they don't.

top marks 5/5 for the most outrageous comment. What planet you on

9 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Comments that we pass it around aimlessly side to side don’t address the all the successful sides do that. They move their opposition around and then exploit the space created. 

BUT we are too slow this season because the players have no confidence and take extra touches for fear of making an error. They begin to hide a little. 

hence we never have space to exploit 

how you change that I have no idea?  Guess you just wait to get a couple fortuitous results and hope the confidence flows and passing becomes more crisp and earlier 

I think we will be better placed  in two or three years when some of the youngsters come through ….. who knows what next season holds - a World Cup mid season could be interesting in October as international players begin to think about picking up injuries  ….

This is why we've missed Vardy so much, without him we just can't exploit the space, Daka we all hoped would be able to do that, but hasn't shown enough this season, Nacho is such a frustrating player because 75% of the time the ball comes to him and the attack breaks down. The other 25% he does something brilliant and scores or creates a chance for others. The problem is when you pass it around pulling defenders out of position then lose the ball cheaply it is frustrating to watch and demoralising for the players. Perez is probably the worst for that and when Barnes or Maddison are off form the same happens with them, patient build up followed by cheaply giving up possession. It's frustrating but do you just give up on that approach or change it for a more direct counter attacking game. We've also lost so much in the quick transitions with Ndidi injured and Tielemans being off form.

Unless we replace Rodgers with a completely different sort of coach, maybe Hassenhutl and his high pressing, then we are going to have the same issue with the squad we have, a fully fit and confident squad will see us compete at the top and win trophies but injuries and loss of form for key players will always see us struggle. Especially with a transfer record 3 flops, 1 ok and 1 loanee who has done well in some games, but been anonymous in others and will almost definitely turn to shit if we do sign him and will be amazing for someone else if we don't.