Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Are you Rodgers in, or Rodgers out?

In / Out  

671 members have voted

1. 1. So, it’s been a while - In or Out

I'm borderline in at the minute but it league form over the past 18 months hasn't been good. 

The rest of the season needs to be good. The desire from the players seems to be gone and it almost looks like the players want to get Brendan the sack.

Have they downed tools again?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, nnfox said:

A poll like this was always going to be negative after a game like this afternoon's.  If we win the next two, then the mood will change.

But I am Rodgers out.

The set piece situation is unforgivable and should have been sorted out months ago.

The sideways and backwards possession actually hinders us.  There have been far too many games in his tenure where an opposition team sits back to defend a lead against us and we are completely bereft of any ideas as to break a team down.  Thursday night was a good example.

If the reports are true that he had a debrief in the changing room after the game today, asking the players for their thoughts, then that tells me he has completely run out of ideas.

It's time for Leicester City to move on for the good of the club and it's time for Brendan to move on for the good of his career.

Thank you, sincerely, for the FA Cup, but this relationship has run its course.

If anyone that’s voted for Rodgers out in this poll has their mind changed by us possibly beating the likes of Norwich or Watford then they need to give their head a wobble. 

Paper over cracks springs to mind.

Edited by Aleksz
  • Like 4

First time i voted out. Sideways passing / possession stuff has now got to the point where even Lampard knows what to do. You just have to let Leicester walk it around the halfway line and if you press slightly it will find its way back to Kasper or one of the deeper defenders. Wait for the misplaced pass and attack. If you can get a corner, get your fans to cheer loudly. At the end, pickfords box was full of our players, and we are just playing it sideways. 

Wins against Norwich and Watford gets up back above some clubs I really hate, but it's too late now. Once he had pretty much all the defence back, instead of trying to build a stable spine of the team he's constantly tinkered and in retrospect the playing 2 different defences for Europe and the League has massively backfired.  He's not been able to build up any consistency. 

Worries me that the likes of Maddison, KDH and Daka will be under the influence of him. These guys need to be inspired to improve to the next level, not just stand around waiting for sideways passes to get near them. 

Edited by jamesp26
  • Like 4

Guest Chocolate Teapot

Think I said if Feb I thought there was a natural end point in the summer, but the conference league drew me back in. I think we need to move on in the summer.

‘Out’ at the end of every loss and ‘In’ when we win / draw!

BR is a ‘Professional’ manager and looks at results and his CV.
Style of play, excitement etc. etc. are secondary.

He will keep us in the PL and it’s up to us if we want to pay to watch.

As for atmosphere etc. in the ground Everton were turd today and their fans sang the whole game. Some fans are starting to sound entitled and forget we are LCFC………

Let’s face it, our woes have just been a continuation from the back end of last season when we bottled top four...again. The FA Cup victory painted over the cracks.

Throughout this season many of us have pinpointed injuries as our biggest problem; however we can’t make that excuse anymore. When Ndidi had a spell out in October, we said things would improve once he returned, that didn’t happen. Then we said the same thing when Evans was out, he returned, performances didn’t improve. Then it was all down to Fofana being the saviour, he’s now back, despite him playing well, as a team we still haven’t improved.

First half of the season was abysmal, a mixture of average to shit performances. Man Utd & Liverpool home victories were the highlight, but apart from that there was nothing to get excited about.

As for 2022, apart from a decent little spell in March, yet again it’s been a mixture of average to shit, since our loss to Newcastle the wheels have come off again.

I’ve seen some on this forum class our European Semi final as an achievement, but let’s be honest, we were only in the Europa Conference League because of our failures in the Europa League, results against the likes of Spartak Moscow & Legia Warsaw were embarrassingly poor. Yet again Rodgers proved that he is poor in Europe, Liverpool fans saw it, Celtic fans saw it, now we’ve seen it.

Our woes boils down to our style of play, this keep possession bollocks has never worked for Leicester City, it didn’t work under Puel and it’s stagnated under Rodgers. We simply don’t have midfielders who keep the ball well enough to play this way, while our attack is far more suited to counter attacking style football.

As I’ve alluded to numerous times on this forum this year, a Crystal Palace type refresh is needed, about 7 players out, 7 players in, plus a new manager with a new identity and fresh ideas.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, fox in the sox said:

You have to be pretty consistent to finish fifth.

Not really but okay, if he could have us playing the way he did during those peak spells (even with the odd hiccup) I'd be happy for him to stay. Or even if he looked like he had an idea of how we get back to it. 

Edited by Tommy Fresh

1 hour ago, FoxInTheBirstallBox said:

Remember when we first got promoted and we took on new coach Kevin Phillips to coach strikers? And then we couldn't score at all..... and he leaves we score for fun.

I'd be prepared to say kolo has been on a similar trajectory with our defenders. And wtf has stowell been doing with Kasper for 10 years that he still can't come off his line or distribute a ball! Can't blame stowell on all the managers he's served 

Rodgers and Puel are probably the only managers who have asked Kasper to distribute in a way he isn't capable of doing effectively. Regarding Phillips that means you honestly believe that he had a negative affect on Vardy and Nugent after we got promoted, nothing to do with us being a newly promoted side who then found a way of playing that suited us. 

Edited by Tommy Fresh

1 hour ago, RowlattsFox said:

I do feel the squad needs a overhaul, can we afford to do that if we are paying Rodgers off. It's the risk we took when we have him the new contract so quickly. Unless these last 4 games go as bad they could, he will get the summer. 

I think the whole club needs a break, fans included, and come back next season with renewed optimism lol

Better to get rid of Rodgers and spend less on the overhaul, it will cost us less in the long run! Our squad isn't that bad when all fit and if they can be deradicalised from Rodgers ridiculous philosophy, a right sided forward/winger and Tielemans replacement is all we need in the short term. Let the next manager evaluate the situation. Don't let Rodgers make it worse.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Better to get rid of Rodgers and spend less on the overhaul, it will cost us less in the long run! Our squad isn't that bad when all fit and if they can be deradicalised from Rodgers ridiculous philosophy, a right sided forward/winger and Tielemans replacement is all we need in the short term. Let the next manager evaluate the situation. Don't let Rodgers make it worse.

Spot on....I think we have some cracking players but they're not being coached/set up properly.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Fox-66 said:

A poll of over 3,000, not one with less than 500 responses, supports the manager, as do I. 

9923FDB0-D84E-4495-BD80-88E8702509AF.jpeg

...So all his tenants from his 100+ houses voted for him hoping for a rent  rate reduction... lol

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Royston. said:

Out.

He will absolutely be given the summer to rebuild but if he can find players who can make his anti football brand work then he is a genius.

A Sunday league manager would do better with these players.

I think we need a change, I really do. However, there are many terms to describe us but anti-football is not one of them. 

• Like 1

Honestly, I don't know at this point, so feel I can't really vote.

I've been Rodgers In firmly until today, but I must admit right now I'm starting to reach the point where I wouldn't be gutted if he went anymore.

It's still in the red mist after the game so I ain't deciding yet. Think I'll wait til the season has played out and I've had a week to calm down after the season to decide.

The problem with Rodgers out is who replaces him? Some ex-Burnley guy? A former Watford coach? Maybe call me Woy could be coaxed out of heading into retirement? The former Leeds manager? The pool is not very deep into which to plunge. 

This season has been a compounded shit fest of really poor buying in the Summer, an infirmary load of injuries and our star player switching off for the entire season after winning the FA Cup. No doubt if we have another poor Summer spend it'll be a horror show next season when 14th will look like a stretch. A relegation dog fight would at least provide some interest though. Today, it is just plain boring, predictable and predictably boring. Are we not entertained, nah.

Before we make a hard and fast judgement call on Rogers can we try something different. Can we request the supporters trust approach the club hierarchy and ask for a town hall meeting with Rogers and his staff. Just a candid discussion/Q&A on how he proposes he will fix the issues that have plagued us this season. We can all decide after the meeting whether his responses are convincing enough to give him another season or not. 

All clubs go thru the motions of good form and bad form. As long as the manager appears to be addressing it and resolving it is all we ask. So far Rogers hasn’t got a clue on why we are having defensive problems. That’s simply unacceptable!

3 hours ago, Bazly said:

The problem with Rodgers out is who replaces him? Some ex-Burnley guy? A former Watford coach? Maybe call me Woy could be coaxed out of heading into retirement? The former Leeds manager? The pool is not very deep into which to plunge. 

This season has been a compounded shit fest of really poor buying in the Summer, an infirmary load of injuries and our star player switching off for the entire season after winning the FA Cup. No doubt if we have another poor Summer spend it'll be a horror show next season when 14th will look like a stretch. A relegation dog fight would at least provide some interest though. Today, it is just plain boring, predictable and predictably boring. Are we not entertained, nah.

We pay him over 10 million a year - one of the highest in the world. You don't think we could pay a top manager?