Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Are you Rodgers in, or Rodgers out?

In / Out  

671 members have voted

1. 1. So, it’s been a while - In or Out

3 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

Do we really need this so called refresh that Rodgers keeps referring too or is it required because he has lost some of the current crop with his negative and slow paced tactics, it has happened before……..

Of course we don’t. A new manager would have them playing well again at the drop of a hat 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Of course we don’t. A new manager would have them playing well again at the drop of a hat 

Your blinded by hatred of the manager, we are going to lose two first teamers in the summer in Soyuncu and Tielemans, add to that Kasper, Vardy, Evans and Albrighton in the twilight of their careers.

All except Albrighton have played 75%+ of the games over last 3 years and form part of of the spine of the team.

Add to the likes of Perez, Hamza have 1 year left on there contracts summer and aren't good enough for a team pushing for the top of the table.

That's even before you consider the dross like Bertrand and Vestergaard 

Whoever the manager is there is significant amount of work to do on the squad.

A new manager my get us playing again, but we do need a rebuild.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, coolhandfox said:

Your blinded by hatred of the manager, we are going to lose two first teamers in the summer in Soyuncu and Tielemans, add to that Kasper, Vardy, Evans and Albrighton in the twilight of their careers.

All except Albrighton have played 75%+ of the games over last 3 years and form part of of the spine of the team.

Add to the likes of Perez, Hamza have 1 year left on there contracts summer and aren't good enough for a team pushing for the top of the table.

Yeah I meant short term a new manager would have us playing again

It wouldn’t surprise me if Vardy hung up his boots at the end of THIS season 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Maybe he has one last chance at an American adventure? I am not totally convinced he is finished yet, but the lat season does suggest he may be (And I am sure I am in denial about the thought of Jamie packing it in)

2 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Not sure he will walk away from 140k a week

13 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

To be fair I don't think anyone has mentioned the words " hatred of the manager " but we are allowed an opinion that he is not up to the task. And that opinion is now widely held by most of the fans . The thing for me is even if he is allowed to stay even with new players he's not going to change his turgid style of play. It's not the kind of football I and most people pay to see. And quite frankly his post match analysts are very revealing and embarrassing. So yes with you a new manager and new players are a must.:thumbup:

Just now, PAPA LAZAROU said:

To be fair I don't think anyone has mentioned the words " hatred of the manager " but we are allowed an opinion that he is not up to the task. And that opinion is now widely held by most of the fans . The thing for me is even if he is allowed to stay even with new players he's not going to change his turgid style of play. It's not the kind of football I and most people pay to see. And quite frankly his post match analysts are very revealing and embarrassing. So yes with you a new manager and new players are a must.:thumbup:

Nah, he’s right, I absolutely hate Rodgers 

• Haha 1

I think the squad does need a refresh. We've got players who have been touted as the next big thing and are still here years later. Time for then to move on and bring in fresh faces who have the desire to prove themselves still.

A lot of players have gone stale and they need a new start and a new club too.

• Like 1

Firmly out. His passing game is boring af and NEVER amounts to anything, we create so few chances and consistently concede embarrassing goals. We know these players are capable of more and I don't think too much of it is down to lack of trying, they're doing what's asked of them as you never see Rodgers yelling. He never puts his hands up after the poor results. Don't want him to stay and see us continue to underachieve, and I really hope he doesn't have any say in recruitment (players or other backroom staff) if he stays on

Would much rather us bite the bullet and give him and Kolo the £50m payoff (or whatever it is), try and get as much for Tielemans, Soyuncu and anyone else who doesn't want to be here and get in a manager with experience of a rebuild. We'd have to be clever with recruitment and it would likely be a couple of seasons with next to no chance of European football, but we are absolutely stagnant right now

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, PAPA LAZAROU said:

A forum is about debate, everyone can have a opinion, but on the same note it also ok for people to challenge people opinions.

34 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

I'd also add in the problem of having a new man in heading recruitment. Deals for new players can sometimes take 18 months to complete, Congerton has been on gardening leave for nearly 6 months. We could well end up barrel scraping/panic buying new players.

1 hour ago, foxfanazer said:

You know a manager is in trouble when all his apologists have got as a way of defending him is the old 'but who do we replace him with' argument. 

Really hoping this is coming to an end now

We would be able to attract a good manager...10 Mill a year isn't ro be laughed at...add to that the new training facilities...the fact that we're in the premiership and the current crop of players.

It's a great job for someone.

• Like 2

The elephant on the room is that Brendan doesn't know how to fix our malaise.

We can't beak teams down and create scoring opportunities and we can't defend our goal.

This has gone on for too long now. The solution isn't different players, it's our tactics and pattern of play which is so robotic and predictable that everyone knows the what the next 3 passes are going to be and it's so easy to defend against.

I like Brendan but if he can't change it up for the rest of the season it's time to go I'm afraid.

• Like 1

He's been bailed out so heavily by reaching the Conference League semi final. Which only happened because of his massive failings in the Europa League (again).

Ignoring Europe, the league performances and results have been a disgrace. Each poor result excused by injuries which have started to dry up now. Even with just Ndidi out yesterday he still uses that card.

I called it at Villa away that he wasn't getting a tune out of these players anymore, then accepted after the Liverpool home game and Europe run that it may just be injuries after all.

I've ran out of patience now, the club is just soulless the only thing keeping the fanbase on side was the Conference League over the last few months and now that's gone I don't think many trust him with the rebuild.

• Like 1