Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Are you Rodgers in, or Rodgers out?

In / Out  

671 members have voted

1. 1. So, it’s been a while - In or Out

1 minute ago, pmcla26 said:

I’m the opposite, can’t believe people want him sacked. 

You're entitled to your opinion, but surely you cannot be impressed by what you are seeing? I am struggling to see an argument other than sentiment, which as we know only lasts so long in football. If the club was run on sentiment then we probably would have been relegated five years ago. 

• Like 2

I'm certain we'll be fine next season with a proper fit and healthy squad and the right transfers.

There are 6/7 players that need to be replaced. I think it's more about getting the right personalities in

If we sack Rodgers then who do we get in that's even nearly as good? We've been talking him up as being only behind Klopp/Pep in the last 3 years. The only thing that's changed is that we've had a season where we've not played our strongest XI once. Not even sure we've come close actually.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

I genuinely haven’t  seen @Aus Fox since Thursday night

You ok? 👀 

Still here hun, it’s lovely to know you care. It’s been a tough few days since Thursday, left me questioning everything I know. 
Are you okay? Let me know if you need to talk X

• Thanks 1

Just thinking about this more this morning... If I were Top I would have set Brendan two realistic objectives for this season... To finish in the top half of the league and to get out of the group stages in the Europa League. It's looking increasingly like neither of those are going to happen. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

I'm certain we'll be fine next season with a proper fit and healthy squad and the right transfers.

There are 6/7 players that need to be replaced. I think it's more about getting the right personalities in

If we sack Rodgers then who do we get in that's even nearly as good? We've been talking him up as being only behind Klopp/Pep in the last 3 years. The only thing that's changed is that we've had a season where we've not played our strongest XI once. Not even sure we've come close actually.

Rodgers is nowhere, and will never be, anywhere near the caliber of Klopp / Pep.

And just because someone is perceived to be good, doesn't mean you should persisting with something that isn't working. 3 years is enough to determine that, and its not working right now. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

No one with a toehold in reality ever talked him up in those terms.  The only thing that's changed is that most people who did have figured out the truth.

3 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Not impressed, no. But don't think changing the manager changes much. It's clear our issues this season have mostly been down to not getting any consistency with team selections/player availability. We'll be challenging for Europe next season with only the league to focus on. 

You have more faith than me, that's for sure. 

1 minute ago, pmcla26 said:

Look at the team we put out! :frusty:

I meant long term. Agree it wasn't our strongest 11 but we've been saying this for ages now. Will we ever have a strongest 11 under Rodgers again? I don't know.

8 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

No one with a toehold in reality ever talked him up in those terms.  The only thing that's changed is that most people who did have figured out the truth.

No that's bollocks. We as fans and the media were all lauding him as the 3rd best manager in the league behind those two in 2019/20 and 2020/21.

You may have changed your mind, but that doesn't mean it didn't happen.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

The era is over - he is now at the stage where he is losing respect. Comments like yesterday showed him up. Nothing is changing over the summer so whether we get rid of him now or in 6 months, it is what it is. Pretending something different will happen is naïve. There is going to be no drastic change in him or his style. Its better for this club if he goes before the summer so we dont waste another season. 

We need a fresh start and deserve better. 

No that's bollocks. We as fans and the media were all lauding him as the 3rd best manager in the league behind those two in 2019/20 and 2020/21.

You may have changed your mind, but that doesn't mean it didn't happen.

I don't care what anyone said in 2019. You are measured on performance and results. Regardless if you love him or hate him, he needs to be judged on where we are in 2022. Many supposed great managers have arrived and gone from many clubs before - this isn't an unusual situation. It happens in football.

Edited by jamesp26

Just now, jamesp26 said:

I don't care what anyone said in 2019. You are measured on performance and results. Regardless if you love him or hate him, he needs to be judged on where we are in 2022. Many supposed great managers have arrived and gone from many clubs before - this isn't an unusual situation. It happens in football.

So the first season things go wrong, we hit the big red button?

Sorry but I disagree. There are clear and obvious reasons as to why we've struggled for form this season. In my opinion we persist, let him have the rebuild he's deserved and push on in 22/23.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

So the first season things go wrong, we hit the big red button?

Sorry but I disagree. There are clear and obvious reasons as to why we've struggled for form this season. In my opinion we persist, let him have the rebuild he's deserved and push on in 22/23.

Based on what though? Arguably he has completely mismanaged this team once they returned from Injury.  

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, rachhere said:

Just thinking about this more this morning... If I were Top I would have set Brendan two realistic objectives for this season... To finish in the top half of the league and to get out of the group stages in the Europa League. It's looking increasingly like neither of those are going to happen. 

That would be my red line as well - failing to achieve top 10. For where we are and the squad we have, with the games left, top 10 shouldn't be something we're even worrying about. 

• Like 1

He’d have a lot more of his detractors on his side if he owned up to any of his mistakes. 

The buck ultimately stops with the manager yet it always seems to be someone else’s fault or any number of circumstances working against us when we fail.

2 minutes ago, jamesp26 said:

Based on what though? Arguably he has completely mismanaged this team once they returned from Injury.  

Other than Maddison's hip we've barely had any recurring injuries.

1 minute ago, The_77 said:

He’d have a lot more of his detractors on his side if he owned up to any of his mistakes. 

The buck ultimately stops with the manager yet it always seems to be someone else’s fault or any number of circumstances working against us when we fail.

His first quote yesterday;

"It is a reflection of the way we shot ourselves in the foot so many times this season. That is my responsibility."

1 minute ago, AKCJ said:

Two top 5 finishes, two trophies and two solid European Cup runs.

Fair enough on the top five (even though it felt like a failure at the time both times) and the FA Cup/Community Shield but the first European run was abysmal. The second was arguably worse as we were knocked out at the group stage. Yes, we did get to the semis of the conference league and were knocked out after a gutless performance. But it was a competition that many (including BR) didn’t even want to be in and it’s not as if we breezed past any team other than Randers. We also had to throw away points in the league to get to where we got to, so not sure how much of a success either campaign really was in the light of day.

• Like 2

Other than Maddison's hip we've barely had any recurring injuries.

I meant the team selection. He went down the route of overly rotating, to the point where some players ended up bang out of form. I can't remember us picking anything like the same starting 11 recently. Tinkering far too much and not giving players the opportunity to get into form.