Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Are you Rodgers in, or Rodgers out?

In / Out  

671 members have voted

1. 1. So, it’s been a while - In or Out

3 minutes ago, daddylonglegs said:

'Two solid European Cup runs'. 

This is the magic of Media Man Brendan.

As opposed to all those other successful European Cup runs we've had in our history?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Look back at the last 3 years - it's pretty self-explanatory. We aren't gonna get a better manager than Rodgers. 

'Better' is a relative term which is dependant on the situation. When he came in he was the perfect manager for us. You are probably right that we will not be able to attract a manager who is of a higher calibre but that doesn't really matter. Sometimes you need a fresh approach and a fresh voice and someone who is the right fit for the task at hand. The trajectory that we are on is frankly terrifying. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Arguably our most successful manager ever and "fans" trying to chase him out the club... absolutely no class whatsoever. It's embarrassing. 

First two seasons he done a great job I don't think many people are denying that but this season we have been shit from start to finish so he should cop the flak.

2 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Arguably our most successful manager ever and "fans" trying to chase him out the club... absolutely no class whatsoever. It's embarrassing. 

Are you seriously saying we have no class, when the manager has absolutely no respect for us as a fanbase and a club?

He's done a good job in his time here and had a great moment with the FA Cup but for all over that, this season has been an abject failure. Think somebody made the good point that as much as we overachieved in the past 2 seasons (though I'd say 5th is where we should be currently), he's underachieved more than both of those overachievements combined.

It's not just about the results which are far below the buffer any credit in the bank gives him, but the style of play, the complete arrogance to not accept fault or make changes to clear defects in how we play/set up and the massive downward trend we've been on for 18 months now.

Modern football means that you can't allow too much of a bad season or it can set you back years, especially for a club of our size. We're on course to finish as low as we have done since the Great escape season (when we were incredibly unlucky in lots of games and ended with so much positive momentum). Just think about that last point and consider if that's a little bit below par or absolutely awful?

• Like 2

Im still Rodgers in, only because i think he deserves to be the one to rebuild the squad and bring in some new players with a bit of enthusiasm. 

We have seen some of the football we can play under Rodgers, very good attractive football. This season it looks turgid and boring. Bringing in some fresh faces i believe will put us in good stead.

I am very bored with the constant sideways and backwards play. I also understand why people feel like we need a new manager. Im not quite there yet. I would like to see what Rodgers can do with some new additions and let some fringe players go.

I've lost faith in him and in his coaching staff.

We've had a ridiculous number of injuries since he sacked Dave Rennie.  People talk about Covid being the issue - but no other club has had it quite as bad as us.

We can't defend corners and set-pieces.

We do very little in the way of creating good, regular and diverse attacking chances.

He deflects any negativity back on the players.
And the football under him has become incredibly dull and boring.

He's given us a couple of competitive seasons (one of which was pretty much playing in empty stadiums where the players didn't need to feel and manage crowd pressure, which I'd want BR and his team to help with), and an amazing day at Wembley.  But we need a fresh leader.  I genuinely don't think it's a case of giving him £100m to spend.  His ego and way of working is the issue.

18 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

His first quote yesterday;

"It is a reflection of the way we shot ourselves in the foot so many times this season. That is my responsibility."

Glad to read those quotes in May. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Shane said:

Brendan is the one with no class.

Saying we were a relegation fodder club when he came in is ridiculous. He’s also said in the past we’ve found our level again as a mid table club. 

Constantly brings up our finances saying we can’t compete with the big clubs (true), but that doesn’t mean we have no money. We have a net spend of +50m and you’d expect a better outlay than the dross Brendan oversaw in the summer. 

Blames anyone but himself. Mentality (which starts from the manager), lack of experience (someone highlighted we had an older team than Roma), throws players under the bus like Iheanacho and Soyuncu, injuries (then goes and does some bizarre tactical switch when there’s no need. Hell, even without injuries he does that. Wtf was KDH doing at LWB). 

Can’t be arsed to list all the excuses he comes up with. But the way he carries himself and talks about our club is not classy at all and the fans have had enough. 

He doesn’t care about Leicester City, he only cares about himself.

Get him gone.

Exactly.

I honestly believe he thought he was going to get the Man United job, he seems more bothered about what wine to give Jose than addressing a massive problem from corners.

Edited by whoareyaaa
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Two top 5 finishes, two trophies and two solid European Cup runs.

Under Ranieri we achieved the greatest sporting achievement in history. Would you have kept him on despite us looking destined for the drop? I'm concerned about the here and now and where we are heading as a club.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Losing to Slavia Prague in the last 32 of the Europa League is absolutely not a "solid run", come off it mate. 

Neither is being in the Europa Confidence League purely because you failed to get out of a group with Spartak and Legia. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Two top 5 finishes, two trophies and two solid European Cup runs.

Were our European Cup runs “solid”? We were deservedly beaten by lesser teams in both Europa campaigns and handed Roma a place in the final of a third tier competition. They were poor, but we didn’t even show up at their place, it was pretty pathetic overall. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

As opposed to all those other successful European Cup runs we've had in our history?

If your point was 'being in Europe was better than not being in Europe' then yep, can get on board with that. 

There is not a club in the top 10-12 in the Premier League that would describe either European campaign as 'solid'.

• Like 1

I just dont think changing the manager is always the answer. Rodgers has had us on the doorstep of Champions League football. Not quite got over the line. Right now its awful but some fresh faces, solid pre season and a new season i can see us doing well. Especially with no European football next season.

What managers would people like to see replace Rodgers?

1 thing i cant get my head around is Barnes. He has been dreadful in recent months. Hasnt looked interested. I wonder if its Rodgers tactics that are holding him back or he looks like he's on the beach. Though tbf he looked a little better yesterday.

• Like 1

When so many talk about having the "best squad" in history , that may or may not be the case in pure football ability but the game is about more than that , strength, resilience, character and attitude are equally important and this squad has nowhere near those qualities that some of our teams have had.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, kingcarr21 said:

I just dont think changing the manager is always the answer. Rodgers has had us on the doorstep of Champions League football. Not quite got over the line. Right now its awful but some fresh faces, solid pre season and a new season i can see us doing well. Especially with no European football next season.

What managers would people like to see replace Rodgers?

1 thing i cant get my head around is Barnes. He has been dreadful in recent months. Hasnt looked interested. I wonder if its Rodgers tactics that are holding him back or he looks like he's on the beach. Though tbf he looked a little better yesterday.

The club have been building up to that since winning the league the owners said top 5 within 5 years... the squad is the best we ever had top 5 was expected, the players we had in those 2 seasons where top 5 material... same when Claudio took over the foundations where already in place.

Right now those foundations are being destroyed.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, AjcW said:

A solid European run is what West Ham just did incase anyone needs the ****ing obvious pointing out. 

An exceptional run (based on the squad) is what we did in the Champions League. 

It’s not losing in the last 32 and then the group stages before being dumped into a third level comp where we scraped through to a semi final against a side not up to much in their own league and then lost! 

You’re not wrong but then you state that Roma ‘aren’t up to much’ in their own league.  They are competing for the EL places and have been on a long unbeaten run prior to two weeks ago v inter 

that’s like saying that yanited or West Ham aren’t up to much in the PL this season. they aren’t CL competitive but they are up there ……

• Like 1