Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Are you Rodgers in, or Rodgers out?

In / Out  

671 members have voted

1. 1. So, it’s been a while - In or Out

Guest Chocolate Teapot

There's two options for Top as i see it:

1. Back Rodgers with the rebuild, new physio and scout in place or about to be. He needs a new coach (a horrible bloke eg - Scott brown) to build some guts in the team and Stowell needs sacking.

2. Sack Rodgers, rebuild from the way up.

Added to this Kasper, Youri, Cags and one or two others are really likely to go it's a risky scenario either way.

Wolves were hammered when they sacked Nuno but it stopped the rot there.

1 minute ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

1. Back Rodgers with the rebuild, new physio and scout in place or about to be. He needs a new coach (a horrible bloke eg - Scott brown) to build some guts in the team and Stowell needs sacking.

Added to this Kasper, Youri, Cags and one or two others are really likely to go it's a risky scenario either way.

No doubt Rudkin will offer his input and he and Rodgers aren’t close knit..

Guest Chocolate Teapot
Just now, Happy Fox said:

No doubt Rudkin will offer his input and he and Rodgers aren’t close knit..

Says who?

10 minutes ago, trabuch said:

The implication was that a manager who commands such a high wage really ought to be able to coach a team to defend corners.

I don't disagree with your point, and I agree with it, but no manager would pay out of his own wages.

Just now, Fox92 said:

An article saying he's on the "brink of sack".... from three months ago.

Yes I am aware I was just making the point that Top will heed the advice from Rudkin and co re  Rodgers and it there is any friction between Rodgers and Rudkin it’s likely Rudkin will win that battle so Rodgers will be on his way out imo

Just now, Happy Fox said:

Yes I am aware I was just making the point that Top will heed the advice from Rudkin and co re  Rodgers and it there is any friction between Rodgers and Rudkin it’s likely Rudkin will win that battle so Rodgers will be on his way out imo

Well yeah, I don't disagree, but only if it's true of course.

But considering rumours were Top has always been a fan of Rodgers, and wanted him previously, I don't know if Rudkin would influence Top.

6 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

I'm still Rodgers in and I'm genuinely not trying to wind anyone up when I say that. This season has been an utter disaster indeed but I would argue that it only became such on the 59th minute of the friendly against Villarreal. Before that we were absolutely cruising and I believe without that malicious tackle on Fofana we would have absolutely made strides this season. That injury threw our whole season into chaos - panic buying Vestergaard, having to start the season with a makeshift defence without Fofana, Evans, Castagne, JJ was less than ideal. A smaller pool of players having to play more games means more injuries snowballing and we ended up having to put our youth players in a makeshift dressing room because they were SO young they couldn't be in with the adult players.

Yes performances have been shocking, yes there are glaring defensive issues, yes there are mentality and attitude problems...

But I also believe Rodgers has more than enough credit in the bank to survive this season. An FA Cup and Community Shield. Three semifinals in three consecutive seasons. 2 top 5 finishes (yes I know we bottled it but the Super League clubs just won't let it happen IMO). Only the second and third time in our history we've qualified for Europe through the league. He's bringing more and more youngsters through.

Just one more season is all I ask - a decent window and reshuffle of the squad to set us up for a few years. A refreshed squad, without any long term injuries bleeding over from the previous season, and without the distraction of Europe, could mean a very good season for us next year. I think he's earned the right to stay for that.

I'm of completely the opposite opinion to you but there's no need to think you're on the wind up, neither am I. There certainly are some mitigating factors to our struggles this season but I feel like those are now becoming excuses to hide behind. We've been truly atrocious this season and the alarming thing for me is his failure to even recognise this let alone start to try to fix it.

Sometimes despite previous achievements or ability things just run there course and I firmly believe this is the case here. In the end though neither of our opinions really matter, it's whatever Top thinks

14 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

What's your thoughts on Stowell? he has been here a hell of a long time and overseen various managerial changes etc, I get the impression he is quite comfortable in his role and probably has a bigger presence than most realise behind the scenes and I would imagine Kasper is the sort to be able to keep him in his role regardless of GK development, it all seems quite cliquey. 

Just a hunch I have and not based on anything. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, TMELcfc said:

If he gets next season, and 5 games in it’s the same, I have no doubt he’ll get sacked, as he won’t turn it around. If we all of sudden play some decent stuff, stop being so pathetic at defending a lead / set piece, then I’ll hold my hands up and say “you know what, he was telling the truth, it was the players”. But I just cannot see it. 

This is what I have the biggest issue with - he'll definitely get the sack if we're this shit 5 games into next season, but then we'll be stuck with whatever Bertrand/Vesty type signings he insists on over the summer. Far too risky - the prem is brutally competitive and we can't afford another off season with poor recruitment. Rip the band-aid off now I think

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I don't disagree with your point, and I agree with it, but no manager would pay out of his own wages.

I do believe it was 'a tongue in cheek remark'. Not to be taken seriously  !!

Sarcasm doesn't always work on Forums !!

• Like 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot
33 minutes ago, Jabfox said:

What's your thoughts on Stowell? he has been here a hell of a long time and overseen various managerial changes etc, I get the impression he is quite comfortable in his role and probably has a bigger presence than most realise behind the scenes and I would imagine Kasper is the sort to be able to keep him in his role regardless of GK development, it all seems quite cliquey. 

Just a hunch I have and not based on anything. 

Think your hunch is probably a good one.

51 minutes ago, -sodapop said:

This is what I have the biggest issue with - he'll definitely get the sack if we're this shit 5 games into next season, but then we'll be stuck with whatever Bertrand/Vesty type signings he insists on over the summer. Far too risky - the prem is brutally competitive and we can't afford another off season with poor recruitment. Rip the band-aid off now I think

I agree, I’d rather he go now, but like half the fan base and possibly the owners, they feel he deserves another crack at it 

5 hours ago, Aleksz said:

This is true to an extent.

”Two top 5 finishes” when we should have finished in the top four. Twice.

”Two great European cup runs” when we failed to get through against Slavia Prague over two legs and a group with Legia and Spartak (who won the group)

“We hadn’t had any of this before he arrived” with the best squad this club has ever had ability wise.

Just doesn’t wash with me. The FA Cup was amazing and fair play to him. But he’s played some of you an absolute dream.

You’ve exactly proved my point. It’s such a hard decision that can be misjudged by different extreme opinions. I am guessing you are Rodgers out?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, -sodapop said:

Not only that, if suitable managerial candidates are thought to be thin on the ground now or in the summer, then sacking Rodgers 5-10 games in is not going to give us a lot to choose from. 

I really don’t know on this question.

I think the problem I’m having is I don’t really see who we could get in to replace him that could flick a magic wand and completely change the atmosphere around the club.

That said… the atmosphere does need changing and urgently.

Has Cambiasso got his coaching badges yet? 

9 minutes ago, kingkisnorbo said:

I would argue that he is one of the worst in that respect. Talks either total waffle or condescends the fans/club. 

Ah you obviously didn't see him in the pre Roma game interview. 

Scrubbed up nice with his eye liner and make up on, telling the interview from BT how we well up for the challenge and would be going all out to win the tie.....marvellous stuff.

I can't wait for the time when we eventually play in one of these games he describes. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, kingkisnorbo said:

I would argue that he is one of the worst in that respect. Talks either total waffle or condescends the fans/club. 

From the perspective of a Leicester fan, this is very true. He is constantly insulting the stature of the club and I'm sick of hearing it, he's the one person who is supposed to talk us up, but he's too interested in preserving what's left of his reputation. He makes out we're some tinpot club, yet we're the 6th most successful English club since the Premier League era began in terms of major trophies, and still would be without the FA cup. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1