Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Are you Rodgers in, or Rodgers out?

In / Out  

671 members have voted

1. 1. So, it’s been a while - In or Out

3 hours ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

There's two options for Top as i see it:

1. Back Rodgers with the rebuild, new physio and scout in place or about to be. He needs a new coach (a horrible bloke eg - Scott brown) to build some guts in the team and Stowell needs sacking.

2. Sack Rodgers, rebuild from the way up.

Added to this Kasper, Youri, Cags and one or two others are really likely to go it's a risky scenario either way.

Wolves were hammered when they sacked Nuno but it stopped the rot there.

Kasper likely to go this summer?

Interesting conversation on the 5-Live Monday Night Club and they did seem to be quite well informed for a change. 

Sutton reckons it's a 'blip' and are now underachieving rather than the previous two seasons of over achievement. Recognised that defending set pieces have become disastrous and conceding from corners has sapped the confidence. Chappers reeled off stats showing that we've gone from the best to worst (by far) in two seasons. Mentioned the problems with injuries and that Vestergaard was supposed to provide defensive aggression but is hopeless. They've heard about fan disgruntlement with Rodgers but still reckon he'll turn it around in the summer. Also a suggestion that he should've walked after winning the FA Cup when his stock was at a peak as that's the best a club like Leicester can achieve (the Premier League was a freak, they say). :rolleyes:

No top 10, and he can fox off.

Spent a FORTUNE last year.

He can also have 5 games next season, and if we are bottom half, he can fox off then too.

Basically, I am at the end of my tether.

Edited by filthyfox

55 minutes ago, filthyfox said:

No top 10, and he can fox off.

Spent a FORTUNE last year.

He can also have 5 games next season, and if we are bottom half, he can fox off then too.

Basically, I am at the end of my tether.

Spent a fortune??? This season we spent about 50mil? That’s one player to the big six, that’s a fraction of what other similar clubs have spent - really not a fortune in modern football terms.

• Like 1

For me, I’ve thought long and hard and am still firmly in the Brendan to remain camp.

Genuine problems that need addressing are set piece defending and staying switched on to the final whistle, not conceding late goals. Both need addressing and I would love to see him sign a genuine leader at the back, I think Soyuncu needed to grow into this role this season and hasn’t, which has been the biggest let down for me.

This season has undoubtedly not gone to plan, we have underachieved no doubt, but there are mitigating factors that have to be understood within the context of the season.

I do firmly believe with a rest, some fresh faces and a fully fit squad we can bounce back and challenge the top six again next season.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

For me, I’ve thought long and hard and am still firmly in the Brendan to remain camp.

Genuine problems that need addressing are set piece defending and staying switched on to the final whistle, not conceding late goals. Both need addressing and I would love to see him sign a genuine leader at the back, I think Soyuncu needed to grow into this role this season and hasn’t, which has been the biggest let down for me.

This season has undoubtedly not gone to plan, we have underachieved no doubt, but there are mitigating factors that have to be understood within the context of the season.

I do firmly believe with a rest, some fresh faces and a fully fit squad we can bounce back and challenge the top six again next season.

We’ve been saying we need to address set pieces for almost 2 years now, at what point do we realise that Rodgers isn’t capable of sorting it out?

Firstly it was when the FBs return, then Evans, then Fofana, but we’re still conceding corners. Now it’s when Ndidi returns we’ll defend them better (not yourself saying it obviously). 

The system remains the same regardless, it doesn’t matter hugely who is in the team, ok changing a few players might mean you concede 3 or 4 more over the course of a season, but missing 1 player doesn’t mean we concede 16 or whatever it is corners in a single campaign, it’s quite frankly disgusting that’s its been allowed to happen for so long. 

I really do hope you’re right, but it feels like we’re going backwards and have been for 18 months now, if without European football we still struggle next season then Rodgers is in massive trouble (even more so than he already is) 

• Like 1

BR out  - shoulda shown him the door last year

Many players have regressed & gone backwards during his tenure & Vardy is aging- who is the replacement? Barnes?

Defense is shambolic.

Edited by erlee
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

73% out. 

The tide has gone well beyond turning, a couple more bad results and I can’t see how he can stay in a job. 

Against two already relegated sides no less. You do wonder if bad results here could seal it.

If and when it is mathematically confirmed of a lower half finish i honestly think he will be gone, I have no doubt there will be a performance related severance package and I think if we cannot finish top ten and without any domestic or European trophy success, that it will make sacking him a whole lot more financially viable. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

Can anyone seriously name a player who has developed here individually under Rodgers? A serious question and happy for examples to be given. 

Thomas, Maddison, Barnes, KDH. However  Barnes and Thomas also seem to have regressed this season. 

5 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Thomas, Maddison, Barnes, KDH. However  Barnes and Thomas also seem to have regressed this season. 

KDH arguably learned much more under Nathan Jones at Luton. Not convinced by the others you name. Thomas has regressed as you say as has Barnes. 

58 minutes ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

Can anyone seriously name a player who has developed here individually under Rodgers? A serious question and happy for examples to be given. 

Whether it is down to him or not I don't know, but we've definitely seen much much better from Iheanacho since Rodgers has been here. 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

KDH arguably learned much more under Nathan Jones at Luton. Not convinced by the others you name. Thomas has regressed as you say as has Barnes. 

Which is good - thats what a loan spell if for. But i don't think anyone can deny that Rodgers has managed KDH well this season. He has gone from a 2nd choice gamble to one of the first names on the team sheet. 

Things about Rodgers, is that when he gives a stuff, you can see he puts effort in. Its where he loses interest and switches off that worries me.

• Like 1

Can see players being on the beach for us a bit but actually the results over the last 4 games could massively shape what happens next season. Norwich, Watford and Southampton results could paper over some cracks - but losing them could force Top's hand.

On 08/05/2022 at 22:57, Ian Nacho said:

He should be sacked for the set pieces alone. I can’t get over all the shite excuses he gives the press; one week it’s profile of player, the next it’s lack of aggression. I’m genuinely curious to what they’re doing being the scenes to try and address this issue. 

It was changing marking strategy, then something else, now not enough aggression. 

Sounds to me like bullshit 

2 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

There’s a fair few players what have improved under Rodgers but one for one reason or another, fell off a cliff this season. 

Soyuncu for example improved bucketloads but has gone backwards in recent times. 

Ian Nacho too

Then gets dropped for 8 months as punishment for forgetting his passport