Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Are you Rodgers in, or Rodgers out?

In / Out  

671 members have voted

1. 1. So, it’s been a while - In or Out

1 minute ago, AKCJ said:

The team he built finished 5th twice, got to late stages of two European competitions and got us an FA Cup.

And now 14th in the table with no chance of any of that next season thanks to his persistent 50 passes before the half way line tactics.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, lozzyblue fox said:

And now 14th in the table with no chance of any of that next season thanks to his persistent 50 passes before the half way line tactics.

Yes that's the only reason isn't it 

• Haha 1

I’m torn because I was firmly in the ‘in’ camp but today it looked like he’d lost the team and certainly the fans. He’s a knowledgeable coach and in lots of ways he’s done well overall but that’s not enough to change the current situation.

I don’t like to make snap judgments immediately after a defeat and still wonder if they’ll give him the rest of the season regardless but the danger is we go into freefall and the atmosphere becomes even more toxic. 

I suspect he won’t be sacked yet but another game or two like that and he’ll be gone.

• Like 3

I want to be Rodgers in bit I am wavering.

At the start of the season, I thought 60 points was the minimum acceptable.  7 would be progress.

We won't make 50.

I think that with the awful injury situation and points robbed by poor officiating (VAR has been unfit for purpose), 55 may have been acceptable. 

Our defending of set pieces has, in my opinion  been u professional.   Set pieces should be coachable.

Part of me still thinks Rodgers could do well next season.  But perhaps I am just being illogical. 

• Like 1

Whilst I've said I'd keep him. This season has been a massive failure, even if we can somehow go on a bit of and end of season and finish top 10.

League: failure 

League cup: decent run I guess but circumstances mean failure 

Fa Cup: failure 

Europa League: massive failure 

Conference league: not sure a semi final in this rescues a poor season, not sure we were ever convincing. Rode our luck at times, just had flash backs to the Randers game where we somehow won comfortably lol

And that's just the outcomes of competitions, not even considering manner of performances. 

It's been poor, can't get around that. 

It is a major flaw that he’s not been able to improve the set piece situation over the season. If anything it might have got worse.

He’s had a rough ride with injuries this season, and some of the results have been extremely poor (Legia away and Forest spring to mind). 

Is the man for a rebuild? He’s not been at a club this long, so we can’t look at his record to get any clues of what’s he’s like in year 4. I am starting to wonder like I did back in Feb whether his time is up. It does feel a Puely.

9 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

The team he built finished 5th twice, got to late stages of two European competitions and got us an FA Cup.

That's all true. We finished 5th twice when it would've been easier to get 4th though, both times !

I'm still on the fence re should he stay or go, but the football we're playing is turgid at best.

We can't keep blaming injuries etc. Look at our defending of set pieces, it's beyond a joke, if he can't sort that out, l seriously worry about next season.

I imagine he will be given until Christmas though, purely because he has the hierarchy wrapped around his little finger. 

15 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

We have not won for 7 games now, we are on course to finish in our lowest position since we got promotion. Before today his stock had already dropped amongst the fans. 

Yes I'm aware of all that. But as I said - had Mendy scored today and actually even if Barnes didn't put that away winning it for us, you know as well as I do, this thread wouldn't have been started. That's all.

Contrary to your belief, I'm confident that we won't finish lower than 14th. 

32 minutes ago, Lutterworth Fox said:

I take it then that you want to keep him and save the payoff money.   That's fine, see you in the Championship the season after next

I don't care tbh. He's the manager until he isn't. I don't make that decision so what's the point in worrying about it.

I'm not sure I want Brendan anymore. We are really poor. Two 5th place finished and an FA Cup to thank him for but this season has been bang average. We've got no cutting edge. Every corner for the opposition is like a penalty. We need a rebuild but  his recruitment isn't exactly up to scratch either. It looks grim right now 

Edited by Haywood_6
  • Like 1