Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Are you Rodgers in, or Rodgers out?

In / Out  

671 members have voted

1. 1. So, it’s been a while - In or Out

Just now, kingkisnorbo said:

You’re saying we shouldn’t be asking questions because of something that never happened. Go figure. 

No - I'm saying this thread wouldn't have materialised if they had - that's all. Not hard to figure out. 

7 minutes ago, Line-X said:

Yes I'm aware of all that. But as I said - had Mendy scored today and actually even if Barnes didn't put that away winning it for us, you know as well as I do, this thread wouldn't have been started. That's all.

Contrary to your belief, I'm confident that we won't finish lower than 14th. 

Brilliant a successful season not finishing lower than 14th when we should gave been at least a top 8.

• Like 2

I remember the tail off in form a couple of seasons ago when we first failed to finish 4th, after which it was said he was done. He doesn't sign the players anyway. We go again next season and who knows what happens. But unless you all reckon there's someone better out there, and by and large you don't, we should stick. And sorry your expectations got so high. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Mr Weller said:

I’m torn because I was firmly in the ‘in’ camp but today it looked like he’d lost the team and certainly the fans. He’s a knowledgeable coach and in lots of ways he’s done well overall but that’s not enough to change the current situation.

I don’t like to make snap judgments immediately after a defeat and still wonder if they’ll give him the rest of the season regardless but the danger is we go into freefall and the atmosphere becomes even more toxic. 

I suspect he won’t be sacked yet but another game or two like that and he’ll be gone.

I can't really add anything to this, it sums up the way I feel too. 

• Like 1

Just now, lozzyblue fox said:

Brilliant a successful season not finishing lower than 14th when we should gave been at least a top 8.

It's not a successful season and at no stage did I suggest it was. I'm fairly confident, contrary to what was suggested, that this won't be our lowest finish since our return to the Premier League in 2014. I may be wrong.

It has been a season to forget for many reasons I'm afraid.  

Out, been out or a while but wavered a bit when we went on a bit of a mini run in March but the old issues still persist with Rodgers, sack him before the summer rebuild, he cannot be trusted with the rebuild.

• Like 2

It seems pretty obvious to me that Rodgers has lost belief in himself and his own management skills as well as the players. He’s been scrabbling around trying to find an answer with all sorts of different formations and personnel but essentially failing with all of them and is at the point now where he does not know which way to turn.

Basically he has lost the plot.

And cannot be allowed to continue.

(To use a golfing analogy there are days when you stand on the first tee with your driver with no idea whether the ball is going to go right, left, up in the air or on the ground. You simply hit and hope that it lands on the fairway. That’s Rodgers and this Leicester City side right now.)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Line-X said:

It's not a successful season and at no stage did I suggest it was. I'm fairly confident, contrary to what was suggested, that this won't be our lowest finish since our return to the Premier League in 2014. I may be wrong.

It has been a season to forget for many reasons I'm afraid.  

We're going to be rebuilding this summer. You want to give Rodgers the keys?

2 minutes ago, Phenom said:

We're going to be rebuilding this summer. You want to give Rodgers the keys?

lol Not sure why you think that I do? As usual a flurry of indignant FT responses have resulted simply from the observation that this thread probably wouldn't have been started if Mendy had scored from that beautiful strike. It wasn't a pro-Rodgers comment or defending him in the slightest. 

'Rebuilding' may be wishful thinking. 

Give Rodgers the keys? not particularly, the owners do though - as I expressed on the post-match thread, recruitment is one of my biggest concerns.  

26 minutes ago, Line-X said:

Yes I'm aware of all that. But as I said - had Mendy scored today and actually even if Barnes didn't put that away winning it for us, you know as well as I do, this thread wouldn't have been started. That's all.

Contrary to your belief, I'm confident that we won't finish lower than 14th. 

That's been the case ALL season though. How many times have we lost or drew a game in the last 10 minutes where you could look back on it and say "if only Barnes had squared that ball" or "If Vardy had buried that chance" or "If we had gotten that Penalty"... At one point you have to question why the margins are always so small? Why is there only ever one goal in it? Why are we never comfortable even in games we are dominating? 

Individual errors only explain so much but when it's a repeated pattern, it becomes a bigger issue. 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, eastendfox said:

I remember the tail off in form a couple of seasons ago when we first failed to finish 4th, after which it was said he was done. He doesn't sign the players anyway. We go again next season and who knows what happens. But unless you all reckon there's someone better out there, and by and large you don't, we should stick. And sorry your expectations got so high. 

i expect this side to be a lot better than 15th which is where we will probably end up. even with the injuries thats a terrible season and worthy of a sacking. 

14 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Out, been out or a while but wavered a bit when we went on a bit of a mini run in March but the old issues still persist with Rodgers, sack him before the summer rebuild, he cannot be trusted with the rebuild.

Yes, I would rather change the manager than the players, at least the wholesale changes that are being suggested.

All except the really top managers run out of ideas after 2-3 seasons. We are so easy to play against now. It's time to move on. 

Just now, Bezzanator89 said:

Love polls like this, a knee-jerk reaction  off the back of a poor performance from the players, who did not look interested at times. I'm not saying Rodgers isn't culpable at all, but I think a fair chunk of the buck stops with the players.

His job is to make sure they are interested. 

Out - whilst he has at times got us playing some great football he’s overseen a remarkable downward trajectory with us previously having a team that could create, could defend, had aggression and desire. Taking what we see and what Brendan said himself post match we are now lacking in these areas. He’s been at the helm, he’s responsible. The comment that when he arrived we were a team looking to avoid relegation shows how deluded he can be. We are now every bit as bad as we were when Puel get the sack. I fear that next season could be worse than this without change which would be far removed from the aspirations of the owners and most fans. In the words of Andrea Bocelli, Time To Say Goodbye. 

9 minutes ago, Scotch said:

That's been the case ALL season though. How many times have we lost or drew a game in the last 10 minutes where you could look back on it and say "if only Barnes had squared that ball" or "If Vardy had buried that chance" or "If we had gotten that Penalty"... At one point you have to question why the margins are always so small? Why is there only ever one goal in it? Why are we never comfortable even in games we are dominating? 

Individual errors only explain so much but when it's a repeated pattern, it becomes a bigger issue. 

Absolutely agree with all you are saying. 

All that I was saying is that this thread wouldn't have been started today if Mendy had scored that. We also would have had another candidate for goal of the season alongside Tielemans and Castagne. 

• Like 1

I was still Rodgers in until recently but a few things have made me change my mind. 

1) lack of urgency - we’ve had this issue for months but it really became evident against Roma. We’re too slow in possession and look to go back almost by default. It must be a result of us looking to ‘control’ games which is classic Rodgers. However, in midweek, it meant that we couldn’t switch the tempo. We couldn’t mount any sustained pressure and from about 60 mins it was obvious what was going to happen

2) corners / set pieces - personnel will always come into it with this one, but his reluctance to move away from zonal marking earlier in the season cost us so many points and that was on him. Since then it has been an area that teams have focused on and exploited because they’ve know it to be a weakness 

3) use of Iheanacho and Daka - Daka can’t play up top on his own and Nacho is one of the most productive players in the league but has barely featured for any prolonged periods. Why has he not found a way to use them together and get the most out of them

4) Maddison as a right winger - we lose so much from our most effective player (of late) when we stick him out on the right. He doesn’t have the pace for it. When we’ve played him in the middle (Roma for a period) we actually look like we might threaten

Conclusion: time to go 

Guest Col city fan

A change can be as good as a rest

God knows, we need to freshen up this squad and our ideas going forward 

I’d like to see a new boss with some new ideas

Just now, Line-X said:

Absolutely agree with all you are saying. 

All that I was saying is that this thread wouldn't have been started today if Mendy had scored that. We also would have had another candidate for goal of the season alongside Tielemans and Castagne. 

Probably right but that would have just papered over the cracks. In terms of results, performances, even doing the basics we are on an alarmingly downward trend 

2 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Probably right but that would have just papered over the cracks. In terms of results, performances, even doing the basics we are on an alarmingly downward trend 

And have been for some time. What I find concerning is the decline in some of our players that have previously demonstrated their unquestionable quality, natural talent and ability to read the game - (in particular, Ndidi, Tielemans and Söyüncü).

47 minutes ago, StevieH said:

There will be a rebuild over the summer and he'll be given 12 games. If no improvement he'll be gone

I hope it’s not Rodgers making the decisions on signings if that is the case, seems mental to allow a manager to sign whoever he wants to sack him after a dozen games. 

Usually though our recruitment is decent and it’s multiple people involved.