Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Are you Rodgers in, or Rodgers out?

In / Out  

671 members have voted

1. 1. So, it’s been a while - In or Out

Not voted because I don't know what to select.

I have been 'in' for a long time, always willing to back him over this summer, but I am bored now of seeing the same thing.

A different game every week but nothing changes in terms of performance, desire, defending set pieces, creating chances.

1 hour ago, Line-X said:

This question wouldn't currently be raised had that wonderful Mendy strike found the back of the net, Barnsey had poked that chance past Pickford, or the latter hadn't played like Neuer today. 

It might have been sooner if Kasper hasn't made that wonder save in the FA Cup final or had VAR not intervened in that disallowed Chelsea goal.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Blue ROI said:

It might have been sooner if Kasper hasn't made that wonder save in the FA Cup final or had VAR not intervened in that disallowed Chelsea goal.

Definitely. 

Fully out now. Today it showed that he can’t change his philosophy. We had 3 strikers on yet played the exact same bland defensive possession football that had already failed for the game. No point changing the personal and formation of you can’t switch to a new style. Also the players do not seem to believe anymore which means he has to go. 

There is a hint of desperation about him now on interview. Keeps referring to reaching the summer and needing reinforcements and more quality. Almost a plea to Top to allow him to reach that stage and apply pressure on him to deliver a major rebuild. I.e. if it doesn't materialise he couldn't get the backing so not his fault.

Question is does Top see more quality there that would lend itself to another coaching method/manager, with some tweaks needed? 

I do agree with BR some have gone stale but other than the FA Cup win these aren't serial winners gone bored? So have they become disillusioned with him?

Also, if we haven't much financial resource then Top may favour paying him off over being asked to find 150m for him! 

1 minute ago, fox in the sox said:

He deserves the first half of next season with no Thursday matches and hopefully less injuries. If there is no improvement it will be time up.

We are aspiring to have midweek European games though aren’t we ? If he can’t handle that then he’s not the man for the job ?

Edited by Lcfc82
Typo

1 minute ago, Lcfc82 said:

We are aspiring to have midweek European games though aren’t we ? If he can’t handle that then he’s not the man for the job ?

My opinion is that a club of our size will never be able to put together a good run in Europe and a good league season at the same time. Only the real top clubs can possibly have squads that have the required depth and quality. It won’t matter who the manager is. West Ham are a medium size club and their league results have gradually fallen away this season.

• Like 1

Just now, fox in the sox said:

My opinion is that a club of our size will never be able to put together a good run in Europe and a good league season at the same time. Only the real top clubs can possibly have squads that have the required depth and quality. It won’t matter who the manager is. West Ham are a medium size club and their league results have gradually fallen away this season.

You sound like Brendan.

I totally disagree with that way of thinking.

There’s no reason why we can’t do well in both competitions, if we played with a bit more intent and fight we would of this season.

West Ham have done well and we have a stronger squad than they do.

• Like 4

I’m Rodger’s shake it all about and do the Hokey Cokey right now. I defend him to the hilt but I got up at 6:30 paid £46 for a ticket £35 travel £35 beer (hic), OK optional, and he fields a line up / formation that you’d see in a pre-season friendly. If Youri gets handed a start on Weds it devalues the badge, Hamza should be banging on Rodger’s door tomorrow morning with a DVD of the match. For me today was exceptional circumstances following Roma but no more excuses, they (Everton) didn’t even have to play well, I’d be furious if I was a Leeds or Burnley fan today.

7 minutes ago, Lcfc82 said:

You sound like Brendan.

I totally disagree with that way of thinking.

There’s no reason why we can’t do well in both competitions, if we played with a bit more intent and fight we would of this season.

West Ham have done well and we have a stronger squad than they do.

I have given you the reason- can you give examples of medium size clubs doing well in both? Yes West Ham have done reasonably well and may just scrape into Europe again - but we had 17 players missing at one stage making it impossible for us to do this season.

I am just about "in" because might as well see the season out and some club might come for him. But if we don't finish top 10 - out.

The squad is good enough for us to finish there. If we're not doing it, with the run we've got left, then he should go as something clearly has been lost. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Is anyone genuinely still pro Rodgers? 

Yes I am happy to let him have a good go  next season. I am not saying he has not made mistakes this season and some of the decisions recently have been getting increasingly bizarre - but he has definitely done enough to be given more time.

1 minute ago, fox in the sox said:

Yes I am happy to let him have a good go  next season. I am not saying he has not made mistakes this season and some of the decisions recently have been getting increasingly bizarre - but he has definitely done enough to be given more time.

Do you go to games?

• Like 1

I'm Rodgers out, I feel when he took over the squad we were a slightly rough diamond with a young squad capable of European places (this is why he took over right?).

He's had us 3 years and we are a worse side than when he took us over, we have decent players out of form, young players who haven't progressed and players that have been transfered in that have been a disaster. If he has funds in the summer, can he be trusted to improve us? I'm really not sure.

I saw Wolves playing Chelsea earlier that seem to have everything we lack, I just think we do better without signing better players, it's time for a change. 

• Like 1