Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Are you Rodgers in, or Rodgers out?

In / Out  

671 members have voted

1. 1. So, it’s been a while - In or Out

I honestly don't know. Until now I have felt he should stay, but it feels like he may be out of ideas, and our failure to correct our predictable weakness from corners feels like a management failure. One thing I am sure of is that our team lacks resilience, and the ability to dig in. This summer is huge. We have to get our transfer business right or we could be in for serious decline. I suspect he will be in charge next season, and we have seen what he is capable of. But a poor start to next season and I would imagine he will be gone by the World Cup break

5 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

For the first half of both seasons, I wouldn't class that as consistent. We're also talking about the post saying good football not just good results.

Yes it was the best football I had seen since I started going in 1981. I never dreamt we would play like that and finish 5th in the top division - and he did it twice.

I was always a Rodgers supporter.No more I'm afraid.Once your team loses vitality and desire to win there can only be one culprit,He helped build a good team and achieved some good things,(usually with  fortune on our side.) The signs were there two years ago,the persistence with at least one player who wasn't premier league material, the continuing set piece fiasco.This forum ,or some at least,continally pointed out the failings. There is no way a team with the potential of these players should ever be below top5 iMO.

Whatever the financial cost it would be cheaper to get rid sooner rather than later.

We don't need a big name,we're no longer the big club we looked like becoming until recently.Missing that opportunity meant inevitably sinking into mediocrity. A good honest grafter who the players respect and who has some pride in the way his teams  play and  who is aware that Rodgers level performances and results are not acceptable and will mean the sack would do for the time being. there's quite a few around at the moment . A pity the best fit IMO is at Newcastle. I suspect we'd be a better fit than the geodies and IMO Howe would do better with LCFC than at Newcastle. Hopefully the right man could bring us back to where we were when Rodgers came.This  would be an attractive job ,no need to burden ourselves with the expense of paying or getting rid of a Rodgers. It would take the right man a couple of years to regain the position we had but at least we'd be saved the boredom that currently goes with watching or supporting LCFC.

Edited by Alan Frost

57 minutes ago, fox in the sox said:

He deserves the first half of next season with no Thursday matches and hopefully less injuries. If there is no improvement it will be time up.

That's a truly frightening scenario. Let's say we scrape together £100M for him to spend and after 15 games or so we're languishing around bottom 6 and not looking any better. 

We then still have to find a huge amount to pay him off. So you now have a club half way through a season starring at a relegation battle with very little money.

What sort of manager goes to a club in that position half way through a season? Not one that's having a reasonable campaign elsewhere. 

That's when you do hear names like Dave Bassett, Sam Allardyce and Roy Hodgson, because that's what happens when no one else wants the job..........

Frightening thought. We really would be a club in trouble then.

It has to be now at the end of this season he goes. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Lcfc82 said:

So I’ve given examples but you won’t accept them 

West Ham will make it again this year and Wolves finished 7th the year they did well in the Europa league, they only missed out on qualifying again because Arsenal won 1 of the cups and finished 8th.

We have also been pretty much injury free for the run in anyway so that’s not really a relevant excuse now.

It doesn’t matter that we have less injuries now - we have been crippled by injuries during the season. That may be down to our medical staff but that’s a different argument. You have given one good example of Wolves but really doubt they could have done it with so many missing.

1 minute ago, DanDare said:

That's a truly frightening scenario. Let's say we scrape together £100M for him to spend and after 15 games or so we're languishing around bottom 6 and not looking any better. 

We then still have to find a huge amount to pay him off. So you now have a club half way through a season starring at a relegation battle with very little money.

What sort of manager goes to a club in that position half way through a season? Not one that's having a reasonable campaign elsewhere. 

That's when you do hear names like Dave Bassett, Sam Allardyce and Roy Hodgson, because that's what happens when no one else wants the job..........

This is spot on! Think alot fan maybe scared to dream big on here

2 minutes ago, FoxInTheBirstallBox said:

We would struggle to afford to pay him off AND replace the deadwood in the squad.

I would consider replacing backroom staff ahead of him, cheaper and might actually help train the players. Stowell and kolo need sacking

Yeah then Rodgers can bring in some different coaches to do exactly the same as it'll be him instructing them what he wants.

In all walks of life you see folk taking credit when it's not necessarily due and blaming others for their own shortcomings.  

I came to the conclusion a while back that Rodgers was showing some of these traits, but it's downright blatant now. Infact, there is a dangerous lack of awareness sprinkled in there too, in that we, the fans, should be grateful that he's (singlehandedly) saved us from the drop and raised our expectations to unsustainable levels. Keep taking the deludamol Brendan!

Leaders lead by example, and take responsibility for their own actions. Rodgers seems inacapable of this. He's no leader.

Get rid.

• Like 3

The football right now is Puel-esque. Claude was sacked for being where Rodgers is now.

BUT he has credit in the bank for 5th, 5th, Cup win, Shield win and calling the players a pile of crap post-Forest, which was spot on and seemed to work for a bit.

That said the set pieces aren't a new issue. It's been like this for much of his time here. It's just deja vu and the silence after the 2nd goal was just utter resignation from 30k who have seen it so many times that it's now beyond a joke. My patience extends to the first 10-12 games of next season. We'll be injury free, have no distractions in Europe and hopefully a few new faces and deadwood gone. If he can re-invent the squad and get us back to that fast-moving slick football, great. If not I have a feeling Top will be making a phone call.

Just now, Tommy Fresh said:

Yeah then Rodgers can bring in some different coaches to do exactly the same as it'll be him instructing them what he wants.

Remember when we first got promoted and we took on new coach Kevin Phillips to coach strikers? And then we couldn't score at all..... and he leaves we score for fun.

I'd be prepared to say kolo has been on a similar trajectory with our defenders. And wtf has stowell been doing with Kasper for 10 years that he still can't come off his line or distribute a ball! Can't blame stowell on all the managers he's served 

10 minutes ago, DanDare said:

Why are you assuming that the new manager will not have us in the bottom 6?

3 hours ago, AKCJ said:

I'm "Rodgers in" and "these bottleless, gutless mercenaries out".

Rebuild drastically needed.

Err... Which bottleless gutless mercenaries in particular?

I agree with the rebuild bit but that really takes care of itself when all the truly talented people leave to find some success and not a relegation battle under the fraud.

38 minutes ago, fox in the sox said:

West Ham are not there yet. Wolves is one example but they barely had any injuries that season and the next year when the injuries came they were lower down the table.

Wolves have had loads of injuries.

I can’t see how Brendan can turn things around now. He and his coaching team clearly cannot solve the problems that have been haunting us for a while now.

He gives us the same reasons for the failures but is no nearer to solving them.

I think Graham Potter would be a good replacement. Has done a solid job at Brighton and would probably see us as a good step forward.

• Like 1