Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Are you Rodgers in, or Rodgers out?

In / Out  

671 members have voted

1. 1. So, it’s been a while - In or Out

22 minutes ago, fox in the sox said:

It doesn’t matter that we have less injuries now - we have been crippled by injuries during the season. That may be down to our medical staff but that’s a different argument. You have given one good example of Wolves but really doubt they could have done it with so many missing.

Middlesbrough and Fulham have also done well in Europe going back a bit further. But I’m bored of arguing it now, we clearly have different views on Brendan.

1 hour ago, The mullet of Phil Gee said:

I can’t see how Brendan can turn things around now. He and his coaching team clearly cannot solve the problems that have been haunting us for a while now.

He gives us the same reasons for the failures but is no nearer to solving them.

I think Graham Potter would be a good replacement. Has done a solid job at Brighton and would probably see us as a good step forward.

Can't see Potter coming here, I'm afraid it isn't a step up.

Think he'll have another year at Brighton before joining Spurs in 2023 when Conte decides he wants to move on or even this summer if PSG sack Poch

Edited by CrispinLA in Texas
  • Like 1

I do feel the squad needs a overhaul, can we afford to do that if we are paying Rodgers off. It's the risk we took when we have him the new contract so quickly. Unless these last 4 games go as bad they could, he will get the summer. 

I think the whole club needs a break, fans included, and come back next season with renewed optimism lol

4 minutes ago, Lcfc82 said:

Middlesbrough and Fulham have also done well in Europe going back a bit further. But I’m bored of arguing it now, we clearly have different views on Brendan.

That’s rubbish. Fulham for example finished 12th when they did well in Europe.

9 minutes ago, fox in the sox said:

I thought the quality of football was better in 2019/20 and 2020/21.

Cmon Brendan, at least recognise the 5000-1 miracle season!! 

I know we didn’t win the possession stats but it wasn’t a bad run for little old Leicester!!! 

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, fox in the sox said:

That’s rubbish. Fulham for example finished 12th when they did well in Europe.

I wasn’t sure where either of them finished in the league it’s too far back for me to remember. Incidentally 12th is probably better than we’re going to finish though.

I bet they didn’t have any injuries 

18 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Can't see Potter coming here, I'm afraid it isn't a step up.

Think he'll have another year at Brighton before joining Spurs in 2023 when Conte decides he wants to move on or even this summer if PSV sack Poch

Poch has gone PSV lol

2 minutes ago, Lcfc82 said:

I wasn’t sure where either of them finished in the league it’s too far back for me to remember. Incidentally 12th is probably better than we’re going to finish though.

I bet they didn’t have any injuries 

That is correct, Hodgson had a small squad and was quite lucky.

The point I am trying to make is that it is unrealistic to expect any club outside of the big 6 to get into Europe and then do well in that competition and have a good league season. The examples of it happening are so few and far between and you definitely need the rub of the green and luck with injuries. 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, 5waller5 said:

Cmon Brendan, at least recognise the 5000-1 miracle season!! 

I know we didn’t win the possession stats but it wasn’t a bad run for little old Leicester!!! 

The title season was the best winning football I have seen us play but not the best quality.

9 minutes ago, fox in the sox said:

That is correct, Hodgson had a small squad and was quite lucky.

The point I am trying to make is that it is unrealistic to expect any club outside of the big 6 to get into Europe and then do well in that competition and have a good league season. The examples of it happening are so few and far between and you definitely need the rub of the green and luck with injuries. 

And we've done neither 

A poll like this was always going to be negative after a game like this afternoon's.  If we win the next two, then the mood will change.

But I am Rodgers out.

The set piece situation is unforgivable and should have been sorted out months ago.

The sideways and backwards possession actually hinders us.  There have been far too many games in his tenure where an opposition team sits back to defend a lead against us and we are completely bereft of any ideas as to break a team down.  Thursday night was a good example.

If the reports are true that he had a debrief in the changing room after the game today, asking the players for their thoughts, then that tells me he has completely run out of ideas.

It's time for Leicester City to move on for the good of the club and it's time for Brendan to move on for the good of his career.

Thank you, sincerely, for the FA Cup, but this relationship has run its course.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Still Italy manager. He'd be my choice but gotta admit it's unrealistic 

We can only dream....I can imagine him living at Saffron Lane.

1 minute ago, nnfox said:

A poll like this was always going to be negative after a game like this afternoon's.  If we win the next two, then the mood will change.

But I am Rodgers out.

The set piece situation is unforgivable and should have been sorted out months ago.

The sideways and backwards possession actually hinders us.  There have been far too many games in his tenure where an opposition team sits back to defend a lead against us and we are completely bereft of any ideas as to break a team down.  Thursday night was a good example.

If the reports are true that he had a debrief in the changing room after the game today, asking the players for their thoughts, then that tells me he has completely run out of ideas.

It's time for Leicester City to move on for the good of the club and it's time for Brendan to move on for the good of his career.

Thank you, sincerely, for the FA Cup, but this relationship has run its course.

Don't think the mood will change all that much. 

The combination of Roma and today has surely sealed his exit.

In for me. IMO he still has some credit in his account.  But he needs to make some changes in his coaching staff.  The defending of set pieces as been our un-doing.  

Edited by mozartfox
  • Like 2

This is a tough question, I'd want to know who are we going to get before I'd say Brendan out.  I know it's been a crap season but luck was never on our side.

A clear out a few good signings and I think we'd be better for it. So I'll hold off for now and see what unfolds.

If we were to change I'd be all over Cooper at Forest. He's clearly a top manager in the making. Plus if we poached him away it would keep foest in their place.

• Like 2