Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Cincinnati Fox

New Manager

1 hour ago, pmcla26 said:

The state of some of these suggestions lol Most of you don't have a clue about Arne Slot, Diego Martinez or Ruben Amorim - you just like the idea of a fancy foreign name, and Graham Potter would be the most expensive sideways step we could buy. Steve Cooper is a promising coach, but has achieved very little as of yet - there's no evidence to suggest he's capable of being a success in the Premier League; I think I'd rather stick with what we've got in a proven PL manager rather than someone who is just potential. The Bielsa suggestion is madness, he's always been overrated and doesn't fit into a profile of building for the future. He was at Leeds for what? 3 seasons? Think that's the most he's managed at a European club ever. Then there is Pochettino - don't think anyone's going from PSG to Leicester, come off of it ladies and gents. 

If the rumours about PSG looking to replace him are true, then not a chance does he turn down £10 million a year from us. None of the top clubs are sacking their manager this summer, so Leicester would be the most attractive job in England, assuming Rodgers gets the boot of course. 

• Like 1

Just now, 4everfox said:

If the rumours about PSG looking to replace him are true, then not a chance does he turn down £10 million a year from us. None of the top clubs are sacking their manager this summer, so Leicester would be the most attractive job in England, assuming Rodgers gets the boot of course. 

We’re not getting Potchettino as manager! 😂

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Aleksz said:

Graham Potter

Arne Slot

Ruben Amorim

Albeit probably all have hefty release clauses. I know Potter and Amorim’s are north of 10m.

Diego Martinez or Steve Cooper if we’re skint - but not even sure if Cooper is viable, Forest would dig their heels in you’d think. 

He'd force the move. No chance does he turn down this gig to stay there. 

2 minutes ago, 4everfox said:

I would suspect his availability would mean jobs become available, so unlikely.

13 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Pearson was doing well and was sacked.

I'd argue that the mitigating circumstances around that sacking make it a bit irrelevant when discussing managers being sacked based on performances...

15 minutes ago, J. James said:

Saints? Ok l can go with that, but Spurs? Fantastically? Won the square root of zero there and was sacked because of it, managers who do well at clubs don't get sacked, they leave for better clubs.

You've not convinced me... Yet sm1 😁

When he took over they had just finished 6th and were consistently Europa League level. They then had 3 of their best seasons in 30 years finishing 3rd, 2nd and 3rd, and made it to a Champions League final. Yeah, he didn't win any silverware, but he definitely took them up a level during his time there.

Not that it matters as he won't come here.

• Thanks 1

I don’t think the wage Rodgers earns should necessarily be seen as a benchmark for someone new coming in. Rodgers earned the pay increase after some fantastic form. 

It all depends on who we bring in (hypothetically). If someone like Poch comes in though, I’m sure he’ll demand something around what BR gets currently. 

3 minutes ago, Xen said:

I'd argue that the mitigating circumstances around that sacking make it a bit irrelevant when discussing managers being sacked based on performances...

When he took over they had just finished 6th and were consistently Europa League level. They then had 3 of their best seasons in 30 years finishing 3rd, 2nd and 3rd, and made it to a Champions League final. Yeah, he didn't win any silverware, but he definitely took them up a level during his time there.

Not that it matters as he won't come here.

He was using being sacked as a measure of someone being successful, Poch may have fell out with Levy? 

9 minutes ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

I never said we were. I said that if he was available at the same time our manager's job was and we offered £10 million a year, he would be here in a heartbeat like pretty much 99% of football managers would. 

Guest StevieLynex
17 minutes ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

He would fit in well with our culture of bottling

8 minutes ago, 4everfox said:

I never said we were. I said that if he was available at the same time our manager's job was and we offered £10 million a year, he would be here in a heartbeat like pretty much 99% of football managers would. 

And I’m saying even if he were available and we offered 10m a year, he still wouldn’t come.

We’re not as big a draw as you imply, our finances and ability to compete within the top 10 (let alone European places) is now in some doubt.

• Like 1

Some of our fans are deluded, were not handing out 10 a year to the next manager. Rodgers got the improved contract based on performance and the next manager would need to prove the same as well. 

As posted on other threads our wages to turnover has to come down and a big wage contract isn't gonna be on the cards. 

Prove me wrong just I don't see King Power doing it.

Just now, Silebyfox_89 said:

Some of our fans are deluded, were not handing out 10 a year to the next manager. Rodgers got the improved contract based on performance and the next manager would need to prove the same as well. 

As posted on other threads our wages to turnover has to come down and a big wage contract isn't gonna be on the cards. 

Prove me wrong just I don't see King Power doing it.

Exactly - even more so given the stadium development plans and no European money coming in next season.

There gonna be some exits in the summer too I expect 😞

8 hours ago, Wortho said:

I wouldn’t want him. I think he’s a Scottish Fat Sam

Part of the reason I didn’t want him at Celtic, the football his teams play in the main is bland and negative.

it’s a double edged sword as I like going every week and watching open and expansive football, what we’ve become accustomed to under Ange and in Rodgers first 18 months. The problem with that though is it doesn’t translate very well to Europe as the teams we come up against tend to play the same way but have better players and we can’t really switch to being a pragmatic, defensive side for 6, 8 or 10 games a season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PAPA LAZAROU said:

Yeah just look at how his team are playing compared to Rodgers team . simple ain't it.:thumbup: 

Are we just turning a blind eye to the run were he lost 6 on the trot in PL this season, which was part of a run 1 win in 11?

14 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Are we just turning a blind eye to the run were he lost 6 on the trot in PL this season, which was part of a run 1 win in 11?

Nah just cast your eye on where they are in the table compared to us and look at their style of football compared to ours. I know which manager I would rather have in charge.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Leeds Fox said:

I don’t think the wage Rodgers earns should necessarily be seen as a benchmark for someone new coming in. Rodgers earned the pay increase after some fantastic form. 

It all depends on who we bring in (hypothetically). If someone like Poch comes in though, I’m sure he’ll demand something around what BR gets currently. 

....I think you will find that we panicked and threw money at the problem, in order to keep him out of the clutches of Arsenal!!!

The £10m is a tad obscene, we should not be looking to prostitute ourselves, in this manner again.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Dr Marco said:

Niko Kovac

I have a feeling Southampton will sack Hasenhuttl after the season finishes and opt for this guy.

Southampton's new owner is a Serb and they want to create a Red bull style high intensity team  and Niko being a Croatian fits the bill.

Edited by CrispinLA in Texas
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

If we get rid of Rodgers there’s absolutely no chance we’ll give Poch or anyone else 10m a year. 
No chance Poch will come here. 

....if Poch was ever to consider coming here, I believe we would offer him £10m to manage here!!!

I do not agree with such a fee, a club such as ours spending that amount of money on a manager is ridiculous, but if Poch was keen to come here, I believe we would pay this in a heartbeat.

We may have made a rod for our own backs with our managerial fees.

8 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

I have a feeling Southampton will sack Hasenhuttl after the season finishes and opt for this guy.

Southampton's new owner is a Serb and they want to create a Red bull style high intensity team  and Niko being a Croatian fits the bill.

....just had to look this up, as it did not sound right to me!!!

In June 1991, the republics of Slovenia and Croatia declared independence from Yugoslavia, beginning the country’s break up. The next month, the Yugoslav army—largely composed of Serbs and controlled by Slobodan Milosevic—invaded Croatia, justifying the act as a means to protect the Serbian minority there. The city of Vukovar fell, and the Serbs conducted mass executions of hundreds of Croat men, burying them in mass graves.

• Sad 1