Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Cincinnati Fox

New Manager

40 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Rodgers' ego would definitely have allowed him to sign a contract stating if we were in the bottom half he's not eligible for anywhere near the compensation he'd get otherwise. I also think his pay is heavily incentivised so i doubt its a straight basic 10m.

There is tendency on here to downgrade contracts when its convenient to argue for substantial transfer funds. These days, however , agents and lawyers make sure contracts are watertight so you can be sure Rodgers would get all his money even if it is payed over a period of time. Brendan Rodgers certainly has a high opinion of himself but he is also a very astute businessman.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
6 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

There is tendency on here to downgrade contracts when its convenient to argue for substantial transfer funds. These days, however , agents and lawyers make sure contracts are watertight so you can be sure Rodgers would get all his money even if it is payed over a period of time. Brendan Rodgers certainly has a high opinion of himself but he is also a very astute businessman.

You say that but it's exactly why spurs sacked Mourinho.

Graham Potter

Arne Slot

Ruben Amorim

Albeit probably all have hefty release clauses. I know Potter and Amorim’s are north of 10m.

Diego Martinez or Steve Cooper if we’re skint - but not even sure if Cooper is viable, Forest would dig their heels in you’d think. 

5 minutes ago, Aleksz said:

Graham Potter

Arne Slot

Ruben Amorim

Albeit probably all have hefty release clauses. I know Potter and Amorim’s are north of 10m.

Diego Martinez or Steve Cooper if we’re skint - but not even sure if Cooper is viable, Forest would dig their heels in you’d think. 

can someone explain what Potter has done thats so amazing it justifies replacing Rodgers?

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Aleksz said:

but not even sure if Cooper is viable, Forest would dig their heels in you’d think. 

If they bottle the playoffs, whats going to keep him at Forest? He's only got a year left on his deal as well.

• Like 1

Read about Steve Cooper's management style and he has a clear philosophy...in one sentence he likes to play attractive football with a clear identity and his player management skills are really positive.

Really good vibes reading about his style online.

If we want to look abroad then Diego Martinez or Arnie Slot could be really good for Leicester

Edited by CrispinLA in Texas
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, Smashing-Pumpkin said:

If you want players running around like headless chickens hes certainly the man. Highly entertaining 4-1 defeats every other week.

Look at the players he had to work with though. They are still poor now with a different manager.

Bielsa took a load of championship nobody’s and transformed them into one of the best in their division more or less overnight. Then they did as well as you could possibly ask last season.

That doesn’t mean he’s my first choice, he has some similar flaws to Rodgers organisation wise, but unlike Rodgers we’d be entertaining and likeable and we wouldn’t underperform massively because you would see determination and attacking football, which would suit us down to the ground.

3 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Read about Steve Cooper's management style and he has a clear philosophy...in one sentence he likes to play attractive football with a clear identity and his player management skills are really positive.

Really good vibes reading about his style online.

If we want to look abroad then Diego Martinez or Arnie Slot could be really good for Leicester

I was going to sarcastically ask if there’s a manager who can be described as playing “ugly football, with a muddled identity, with negative player management skills” but that almost describes Mourinho and we just lost to him. Steve Cooper sounds too much like a snooker player but that’s pretty much my only opinion on him.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

The state of some of these suggestions lol Most of you don't have a clue about Arne Slot, Diego Martinez or Ruben Amorim - you just like the idea of a fancy foreign name, and Graham Potter would be the most expensive sideways step we could buy. Steve Cooper is a promising coach, but has achieved very little as of yet - there's no evidence to suggest he's capable of being a success in the Premier League; I think I'd rather stick with what we've got in a proven PL manager rather than someone who is just potential. The Bielsa suggestion is madness, he's always been overrated and doesn't fit into a profile of building for the future. He was at Leeds for what? 3 seasons? Think that's the most he's managed at a European club ever. Then there is Pochettino - don't think anyone's going from PSG to Leicester, come off of it ladies and gents. 

So you're saying we need a PL proven manager, yet say we can't aim for Pochettino (not that I'd want him anyway) but when folk suggest people like Cooper he's not good enough? Make up your mind lad

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Smashing-Pumpkin said:

I didnt think Postecoglu was THAT bad of a shout but i misread the room.

It is better than some suggestions on here!  lol

Trouble is, last manager from Scotland only won us our first FA Cup, got us into Europe twice and topped it off with.a Comedy Shield. 
:huh:

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

It is better than some suggestions on here!  lol

Trouble is, last manager from Scotland only won us our first FA Cup, got us into Europe twice and topped it off with.a Comedy Shield. 
:huh:

Not just the fact he won in Scotland for me, more the way he could completely rejuvenate a club devoid of ideas in a short space of time and has a good eye for transfers.

Yes hes only won in Scotland Japan and Australia but Rodgers had only won in Scotland. And so had Ferguson till he managed Man U.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

The state of some of these suggestions lol Most of you don't have a clue about Arne Slot, Diego Martinez or Ruben Amorim - you just like the idea of a fancy foreign name, and Graham Potter would be the most expensive sideways step we could buy. Steve Cooper is a promising coach, but has achieved very little as of yet - there's no evidence to suggest he's capable of being a success in the Premier League; I think I'd rather stick with what we've got in a proven PL manager rather than someone who is just potential. The Bielsa suggestion is madness, he's always been overrated and doesn't fit into a profile of building for the future. He was at Leeds for what? 3 seasons? Think that's the most he's managed at a European club ever. Then there is Pochettino - don't think anyone's going from PSG to Leicester, come off of it ladies and gents. 

Nice assumption there about people's knowledge

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Smashing-Pumpkin said:

Not just the fact he won in Scotland for me, more the way he could completely rejuvenate a club devoid of ideas in a short space of time and has a good eye for transfers.

Yes hes only won in Scotland Japan and Australia but Rodgers had only won in Scotland. And so had Ferguson till he managed Man U.

Also interesting is that Arsene Wenger only won title's in Japan before he joined Arsenal

• Like 1

1 hour ago, J. James said:

But it's still an open question for me on Pochettino, he couldn't win anything with a pretty fair Spurs squad (albeit with a dire chairman), and given the talent and seemingly unlimited money available at PSG he was underwhelming there too.

I see him as yet another guy that the media and pundits get wet pennies over (like Rodgers) but doesn't live up to the hype imho.

Easy to discount unfashionable names and roll with the BS.

Poch is a great manager who did fantastically at both Saints and Spurs. PSG has been a disaster, but it's a club run by the players not the manager. Non of the attributes you'd associate with a Poch team e.g young, hungry  and dynamic are visible at PSG. Would he come here? He'd probably have bigger clubs then us chasing him, but would they put a £10M contract in front of him.

1 hour ago, sm1 said:

Poch is a great manager who did fantastically at both Saints and Spurs. PSG has been a disaster, but it's a club run by the players not the manager. Non of the attributes you'd associate with a Poch team e.g young, hungry  and dynamic are visible at PSG. Would he come here? He'd probably have bigger clubs then us chasing him, but would they put a £10M contract in front of him.

Saints? Ok l can go with that, but Spurs? Fantastically? Won the square root of zero there and was sacked because of it, managers who do well at clubs don't get sacked, they leave for better clubs.

You've not convinced me... Yet sm1 😁

• Like 1

1 minute ago, J. James said:

Saints? Ok l can go with that, but Spurs? Fantastically? Won the square root of zero there and was sacked because of it, managers who do well at clubs don't get sacked, they leave for better clubs.

You've not convinced me... Yet sm1 😁

Pearson was doing well and was sacked.