Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Cincinnati Fox

New Manager

2 hours ago, PAPA LAZAROU said:

Yeah just look at how his team are playing compared to Rodgers team . simple ain't it.:thumbup: 

Not so long ago they were on an absolutely awful run and couldn’t score for a toffee, would have been hounded out here.

4 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

The state of some of these suggestions lol Most of you don't have a clue about Arne Slot, Diego Martinez or Ruben Amorim - you just like the idea of a fancy foreign name, and Graham Potter would be the most expensive sideways step we could buy. Steve Cooper is a promising coach, but has achieved very little as of yet - there's no evidence to suggest he's capable of being a success in the Premier League; I think I'd rather stick with what we've got in a proven PL manager rather than someone who is just potential. The Bielsa suggestion is madness, he's always been overrated and doesn't fit into a profile of building for the future. He was at Leeds for what? 3 seasons? Think that's the most he's managed at a European club ever. Then there is Pochettino - don't think anyone's going from PSG to Leicester, come off of it ladies and gents. 

So tell us about these “fancy foreign names” that we know nothing about.

46 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....if Poch was ever to consider coming here, I believe we would offer him £10m to manage here!!!

I do not agree with such a fee, a club such as ours spending that amount of money on a manager is ridiculous, but if Poch was keen to come here, I believe we would pay this in a heartbeat.

We may have made a rod for our own backs with our managerial fees.

No need to worry re Poch ……

1 minute ago, Scotch said:

Got to be a few teams looking at Adi Hütter after Frankfurts exploits this season. 

Having a bit of a poor season with Gladbach so probably not haha

Oliver Glasner is at Frankfurt now, did a brilliant job at Wolfsburg the previous 2 seasons, mid table with Frankfurt this season but obviously made it to Europa Final

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Ian S said:

Not so long ago they were on an absolutely awful run and couldn’t score for a toffee, would have been hounded out here.

Brighton are a very "streaky" team this season

Do awful for a period, do well for a period, do awful, and so on - it is what makes me so hesitant about the idea of Potter

image.thumb.png.0475da54f63b45b37b9dbed15abe22cd.png

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 1

Just now, moore_94 said:

Having a bit of a poor season with Gladbach so probably not haha

Oliver Glasner is at Frankfurt now, did a brilliant job at Wolfsburg the previous 2 seasons, mid table with Frankfurt this season but obviously made it to Europa Final

Woops

45 minutes ago, oxtonfox said:

Diego Simeone and hopefully he brings a few tough players who can tackle, defend set pieces and go direct when needed. 

Lol... Love the diplomatic "tough players" that's code for defenders who could moonlight  in a UFC arena and make Vinnie Jones look like priscilla queen of the desert!

Another bloke who will NEVER come here!

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Brighton are a very "streaky" team this season

Do awful for a period, do well for a period, do awful, and so on - it is what makes me so hesitant about the idea of Potter

So the point about Potter or any other "fringe" potential new manager is this: if they were obviously top notch - dare i say elite- they would be headed to big six or top european clubs and we wouldn't be close to being considered, any fool can look at results and jump to conclusions based on nothing but the scorelines disregarding little incidentals such as budget and whether the club concerned can attract high calibre talent.

If we want a manager that has the potential to take us forward we have to use the same criteria we use with players and hope we pick a Fofana and not a Perez!

Just as we cannot hope to sign Haaland or Mbappe we cannot hope to get the managerial equivalent.

It may be a Potter or keep the fraud, lose our talent, replace them with more Bertrands and Vestergaards and so decline.

Guess which camp I'm in?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

I have a feeling Southampton will sack Hasenhuttl after the season finishes and opt for this guy.

Southampton's new owner is a Serb and they want to create a Red bull style high intensity team  and Niko being a Croatian fits the bill.

Oh no Crispin, no, thats like saying a Russian owner would employ a Ukrainian manager cos the two nations are close!

Having a large percentage of your fellow countrymen butchered by Serbs might put a Croat off somewhat!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Silebyfox_89 said:

Some of our fans are deluded, were not handing out 10 a year to the next manager. Rodgers got the improved contract based on performance and the next manager would need to prove the same as well. 

As posted on other threads our wages to turnover has to come down and a big wage contract isn't gonna be on the cards. 

Prove me wrong just I don't see King Power doing it.

You are probably right, bit don't forget Rodgers didn't get bumped from £7m a year to £10m a year because he'd delivered us European football and the FA Cup, he got it two thirds of the way through an 8 game winning streak only 8 months after he'd joined us. Maybe we were bowled over by how well he'd started but he got that very very easily.

I suspect even an up and coming manager would get given £5m a year with bonuses.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

You are probably right, bit don't forget Rodgers didn't get bumped from £7m a year to £10m a year because he'd delivered us European football and the FA Cup, he got it two thirds of the way through an 8 game winning streak only 8 months after he'd joined us. Maybe we were bowled over by how well he'd started but he got that very very easily.

I suspect even an up and coming manager would get given £5m a year with bonuses.

wasn't it because he was strongly linked with Arsenal and Spurs

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Sly said:

You can still get odds of 33/1 for him to be the next manager to leave. 

Whether you’re in or out, he’s not going anywhere anytime soon. 

That’s before the end of the season though isn’t it? We aren’t going to sack him before then

In an ideal world, he resigns with his head held high and admits he can't take us any further. Unfortunately that won't happen as managers never resign and would rather wait for the pay out. Not like he needs the money but if he also won't want to lose a potential £20m payout or whatever it would be. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PAPA LAZAROU said:

Nah just cast your eye on where they are in the table compared to us and look at their style of football compared to ours. I know which manager I would rather have in charge.

Good job your not the DOF.

2 hours ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

I have a feeling Southampton will sack Hasenhuttl after the season finishes and opt for this guy.

Southampton's new owner is a Serb and they want to create a Red bull style high intensity team  and Niko being a Croatian fits the bill.

I’d say that a Croatian manager playing for a Serb owner is exactly the opposite of “fitting the bill”!!!! 

• Like 3

I dare anyone to watch the Feyenoord documentary series on Disney+ and then not want Dick Advocaat in charge, if only for a few weeks while he dishes out some tough love.

Still like that he quit Sunderland because they were crap, bemoaning the signings made by a certain Lee Congerton!

Anyway, he isn't coming here but I'd love to see him dole out a bollocking to some of our lot.