Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Cincinnati Fox

New Manager

14 hours ago, fox_up_north said:

Bielsa. Instant media darlings and promenance on Sky Sports, which is what we really want. 

you mean the guy who got sacked by Leeds after nose diving their premier league performances?

5 minutes ago, ceredigion said:

Nigel Pearson. Seriously. Why not?

well, he’s not got his team with him. Besides, I’d rather keep his reputation with us intact. It would sour everything so much if he came here  and things went badly. Like the death of a love affair.

Edited by MPH
  • Like 3

13 hours ago, FLINTHAMFC said:

Just concentrate on speaking for yourself. If that's what you want great but do not assume you speak for everyone and just because you want it most others think like wise. Remember a large portion of people that are happy say nothing, why would they?

he didn’t say he was speaking for everyone he said that most of us want him gone. And he’s not just plucked that idea out of his arse, it’s evidenced by the poll that shows, well, most of us want him gone.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MPH said:

he didn’t say he was speaking for everyone he said that most of us want him gone. And he’s not just plucked that idea out of his arse, it’s evidenced by the poll that shows, well, most of us want him gone.

I don't care whether he said everyone or most of us. What he didn't say was I, and as he only can speak for himself that's all he should say.

The evidence is flimsy at best. It may show that whatever percentage it is of moaners want him gone. Why would anyone who is happy give the a toss about the poll?

36 minutes ago, FLINTHAMFC said:

I don't care whether he said everyone or most of us. What he didn't say was I, and as he only can speak for himself that's all he should say.

The evidence is flimsy at best. It may show that whatever percentage it is of moaners want him gone. Why would anyone who is happy give the a toss about the poll?

lol you nutter. Only 27% of people voted that they want to keep Rodgers. That’s not flimsy evidence . Not sure how  sure long you’ve been on this forum but a poll a couple of months ago a poll had the majority of people wanting to keep him. That’s a massive change. You can’t discount a more recent  poll just because it doesn’t fit your narrative.

Edited by MPH
  • Like 4

9 hours ago, splinterdream said:

wasn't it because he was strongly linked with Arsenal and Spurs

Yes it was because he revealed he'd got a release clause when asked about the Arsenal links. Had our kegs down ain't he hahahaa

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, PAPA LAZAROU said:

A bit like us only we've been doing it all season.

Yep agreed, yet the much vaunted Potter is still only 5 points ahead having played 2 games more.Really does not come across as a great upgrade to me.

Surely there has to be better options, although I don’t really know who.

9 minutes ago, Ian S said:

Yep agreed, yet the much vaunted Potter is still only 5 points ahead having played 2 games more.Really does not come across as a great upgrade to me.

Surely there has to be better options, although I don’t really know who.

Yes but Potter hasn't had the money and resources Rodgers has had. Brighton is a much smaller club than us all round. I think he's done wonders with what's available to him. Not saying he should be our next manager but just comparing him to Rodgers. Look at the way they play to the way we do at present .

Edited by PAPA LAZAROU
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, MPH said:

lol you nutter. Only 27% of people voted that they want to keep Rodgers. That’s not flimsy evidence . Not sure how  sure long you’ve been on this forum but a poll a couple of months ago a poll had the majority of people wanting to keep him. That’s a massive change. You can’t discount a more recent  poll just because it doesn’t fit your narrative.

The only narrative I have is I don't care who the manager is. I will support whoever it is. I have no decision to make in regards who manages the football club. I discount the poll because nobody who makes important decisions at the club will seriously consider someone's employment based on a whacky poll on a website. It's mental to me that a person believes that would be the case.

When you have important decisions in your life to make do you listen to fruit loops on a forum or listen to the people you trust?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, FLINTHAMFC said:

The only narrative I have is I don't care who the manager is. I will support whoever it is. I have no decision to make in regards who manages the football club. I discount the poll because nobody who makes important decisions at the club will seriously consider someone's employment based on a whacky poll on a website. It's mental to me that a person believes that would be the case.

When you have important decisions in your life to make do you listen to fruit loops on a forum or listen to the people you trust?

This is  a football forum..  in this section you can discuss “ ALL things Leicester city”. That’s all that’s going on here. Don’t take it all so seriously.

• Like 1

I dont understand the Potter hype at all.

The style of play is Rodgers mark 2 which no one would like. Theyve had an average season punctuated by the odd very good result like putting 4 past man utd which isnt much different to what we did putting 4 past them and beating liverpool etc.

Earlier this season Brighton were getting booed off. Thats mostly just because football fans are impatient and usually very thick but after his initial grace period here you can guarantee the same thing would happen here.

Its a sideways move at best. Its actually a backwards step in my opinion unless you count a bit of success at Ostersund into the mix.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, MPH said:

This is  a football forum..  in this section you can discuss “ ALL things Leicester city”. That’s all that’s going on here. Don’t take it all so seriously.

I agree with that last sentence whole heartedly. 

However is it only people in agreement that are discussing this. Anyone who isn't is taking it too seriously?

Surely if you agree with your own statement the poll wouldn't exist???

I assume the Potter-inners like the attacking style that he plays.

We can’t defend, and choose not to attack, so anything that looks a little better than the guff we are playing will probably get the thumbs up from quite a few. 

2 minutes ago, Milo said:

I assume the Potter-inners like the attacking style that he plays.

We can’t defend, and choose not to attack, so anything that looks a little better than the guff we are playing will probably get the thumbs up from quite a few. 

Theyre so goal and shot shy Potter had to do a press conference to persuade the crowd not to shout SHOOT as it was putting the players off shooting.

Thats not an attacking style.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Smashing-Pumpkin said:

Theyre so goal and shot shy Potter had to do a press conference to persuade the crowd not to shout SHOOT as it was putting the players off shooting.

Thats not an attacking style.

So maybe it’s just their running forwards that makes them look attacking, then. :dunno:

We should try it

13 minutes ago, Milo said:

So maybe it’s just their running forwards that makes them look attacking, then. :dunno:

We should try it

I mean to be fair im not saying im dismissive of Potters quality as a manager hes a good manager doing an ok job for a club that has pretty much zero expectations.

Im not sure why he would be the guy that would be the catalyst to move us forwards anymore than just putting the trust in Rodgers to get the summer right.

Theres loads of "Potters" in the league and even in the league below.... Howe, Hassenhuttl, Marsch, Lage..... none of them are any better equipped to do the job than Rodgers.

They all have their little 4 game spell where everyone thinks theyre a genius and straight after theyre back down to earth.

Edited by Smashing-Pumpkin
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Smashing-Pumpkin said:

I mean to be fair im not saying im dismissive of Potters quality as a manager hes a good manager doing an ok job for a club that has pretty much zero expectations.

Im not sure why he would be the guy that would be the catalyst to move us forwards anymore than just putting the trust in Rodgers to get the summer right.

Theres loads of "Potters" in the league and even in the league below.... Howe, Hassenhuttl, Marsch, Lage..... none of them are any better equipped to do the job than Rodgers.

They all have their little 4 game spell where everyone thinks theyre a genius and straight after theyre back down to earth.

Agree. 

For the record, I’m not Potter-in…

I was just replying to an earlier post! 

3 hours ago, FLINTHAMFC said:

Top work, funny and true   

"Fruit loops"  lol

Edited by Dahnsouff

1 hour ago, FLINTHAMFC said:

I agree with that last sentence whole heartedly. 

However is it only people in agreement that are discussing this. Anyone who isn't is taking it too seriously?

Surely if you agree with your own statement the poll wouldn't exist???

no it was the somewhat aggressive response you gave. You can disagree with someone without being aggressive about it.

• Like 1