Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Cincinnati Fox

New Manager

40 minutes ago, Smashing-Pumpkin said:

"Fraud" is one of those useless phrases football fans throw out there to try and add weight to their hyperbolic opinion.

You cant finish 5th twice and win two cups if youre a "fraud", regardless of how this season has gone.

Its equally bizarre how youre willing to say we will never get a truly established manager when we actually have one who has won domestic leagues and cups, and yet youre willing to gamble on managers who have shown absolutely no signs they will win domestic leagues and cups, other than minor leagues in the case of Eddie Howe.

And how quickly given they have tons of money do you think the Geordie fans will get bored of Eddie Howe? Itll be very fast.

Finishing 5th when you've been 6th, 7th or 8th for most of the season is a proper achievement and certainly not to be underestimated.

Bottling twice when you've been 4th for most of it starts to look like a habit.

Rodgers has won domestic leagues and cups only in a Scottish league which most  informed unbiased observers correctly identify as well below premier league standard in fact a minor league.

I never once said i would gamble on Potter, l merely pointed out that we should not discount managers with limited funds and an inability to attract talent to an unfashionable club who have done well.

Eddie Howe has indisputably done a better job with Newcastle in a very short time than the fraud Rodgers  has done with us and this will be painfully proven when they finish above us despite being relegation near certainties when he took over.

I don't believe that the toon will tire of Howe because he will bring them success, unlike the fraud who will l believe reverse the progress we have achieved in  the last few years with his negative tactics and hopeless recruitment.

I really hope we can attract a high calibre manager who has won things in a properly competitive league with limited funds but if not then we have to use the same approach as we use with players - potential- because Rodgers is NEVER going to bring success to our club with his boring negative style and his pathetic plainly untrue excuses for his failure.

Just watch the mass exodus this summer and  perhaps you'll see where he is taking us.

Here's a clue - ⬇️

Just my hyperbolic opinion of course.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, J. James said:

Finishing 5th when you've been 6th, 7th or 8th for most of the season is a proper achievement and certainly not to be underestimated.

Rodgers has won domestic leagues and cups only in a Scottish league which most  informed unbiased observers correctly identify as well below premier league standard in fact a minor league.

I never once said i would gamble on Potter, l merely pointed out that we should not discount managers with limited funds and an inability to attract talent to an unfashionable club who have done well.

Eddie Howe has indisputably done a better job with Newcastle in a very short time than the fraud Rodgers  has done with us and this will be painfully proven when they finish above us despite being relegation near certainties when he took over.

I don't believe that the toon will tire of Howe because he will bring them success, unlike the fraud who will l believe reverse the progress we have achieved in  the last few years with his negative tactics and hopeless recruitment.

I really hope we can attract a high calibre manager who has won things in a properly competitive league with limited funds but if not then we have to use the same approach as we use with players - potential- because Rodgers is NEVER going to bring success to our club with his boring negative style and his pathetic plainly untrue excuses for his failure.

Just watch the mass exodus this summer and  perhaps you'll see where he is taking us.

Here's a clue - ⬇️

Our league might not be anywhere near as strong as the Premier League, but Rodgers didn't just win it - he obliterated the competition in a way that no manager before him in the modern era had done. Every domestic competition won in his first season, with zero losses. That's impact. 

1 hour ago, StevieLynex said:

Last English Manager to win the Premier League was Howard Wilkinson in 1991/92 so not a good background if you want to be successful 

Interestingly, Howard Wilkinson followed up that league win the following season by finishing 17th. He then went on to two 5th place finishes after that. So managers CAN recover from bad seasons. It's rare, but it can happen

15 minutes ago, J. James said:

Here's a clue - ⬇️

What quantifies as success for the Toon not to tire of him?

What is the progress we've achieved in the last few years that will be reversed?

8 minutes ago, Smashing-Pumpkin said:

You are hyperbolic. You try to use buzz words and silly football fan phrases to justify your polarised opinion.

First of all, what difference does it make if you were 8th as you put it, and had a little spurt towards the end and ended up 5th. In your example, there was absolutely NO CHANCE of getting into the top 4, whereas us dropping out of the top 4 with one game left to finish fifth meant we were in with a shout right up to the end and just fell short.

We are Leicester City, are we one of the 4 biggest or best teams in the league? no, so finishing 5th was hardly a disaster, and just because you were 4th and ended up 5th doesnt mean youve "bottled" something.

This is just another shit phrase excited football fans come out with, like fraud. "Bottled" which covers every single situation where a team has lost or missed out, "oh they bottled that".

Secondly, Rodgers won the FA cup which is a domestic cup in England, of which the Premier League is not a minor league. And with the two 5th placed finishes, the FA Cup and Community shield, Rodgers ALREADY HAS brought us success, whereas you seem to think hes done nothing?

Youre probably the only person on the planet who thinks Eddie Howe will be Newcastle's long term manager now theyve got money and expectation has been lifted. Id suggest many more people would think Eddie Howe is a front runner in next seasons sack race, and regarding the job hes done at Newcastle, theyre shit. They just got beat 5-0 on sunday, theyre one point above us in the league having played 2 games more whilst weve played in Europe and actually had a run to a semi final with a depleted squad all season, and they got dumped out the FA cup at home v Cambridge. Theyre rubbish.

Theres already been stuff on twitter where their fans have questionned him.

If youre hoping for a manager who has won things in a "properly competitive" league with limited funds i think youll be looking a good while.

8 minutes ago, Smashing-Pumpkin said:

To be honest you just sound like a typical reactionary type fan. The sort of fan who thinks a manager is the best thing since sliced bread when they have a good little run of form and that at a hint of difficulty everything needs to be ripped up, hence words like "mass exodus".

To be honest you sound like an angry, aggressive little man.

I'm not "hoping for a manager who has won things" because I'm a realist as well as being "a reactionary, silly, buzz word using hyperbolic" quite the reverse if you'd had the basic skill to actually read what l wrote.

I base my opinions which you clearly can't abide others having on a small thing called evidence, yes we won the cup and I've waited all my life to see it and cheered till l couldn't speak but thank you VAR for that one.

The semi was a BR masterclass of possession for the sake of possession as have been countless other games this season, losing to a hopeless Everton side just typifies Rodgers style and direction.

We had a virtually fully fit squad for these and we were toothless - Rodgers style.

We shall see how Newcastle progress under Howe (once again you comment on things i never said such as Howe will be a long term manager). And use hyperbolic phrases such as "only person on the planet" and "they're rubbish", you also appear to have forgotten that we were dismantled by Forest in the same competition! Or that Howes "rubbish" beat us in April! 

You truly are blinkered my friend.

l dont do Twitter I'm afraid more BS than a Rodgers post match imho but I'll be extremely surprised if they finish next season below a fraud led city.

Lots of our talent will leave this summer I believe, whether you approve of the term "mass exodus" or not concerns me not a jot, but this alone will set us back years.

Keep wearing the blinkers if it suits you but I've seen enough of the boring crap to see which way we are going and I'll express my views despite your cheap insults.

And just to save you from further mis-attribution i do not believe for a moment that Rodgers will be sacked just as i dont believe we will win anything more with his dreadful boring system.

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, 5waller5 said:

Brighton’s net spend so far this season £4m.

The previous season it was -£10m

So net profit of £6m over the last two seasons.

My bad, serves me right for only looking at the incoming data!

6 hours ago, J. James said:

Here's a clue - ⬇️

Rodgers will never bring success to our club despite already bringing success to our club.

16FBC16C-DA39-468E-8F0D-AE71D817E680.gif.b4ade11ef9aa72950e4d5efa3ed8e199.gif

• Like 2

On 08/05/2022 at 17:21, indierich06 said:

These descriptions of his achievements are incredibly disingenuous. We missed out on two top four finishes, crashing out both times despite being in contention for most of the season.

Yes it's a European semi final - in a third tier competition that none of us had even heard of at the start of the season, after a truly disastrous Europa League campaign - a competition we were tipped by the bookies to win at the start of the season. 

I'm all for recognising his achievements, but to gloss over his failings and paint them as positives is a bit much for me. This isn't meant to be a personal attack on yourself, as this is something I've seen shared by a significant number of fans. 

We did beat two decent teams to get to that semi final.

9 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

You know Brighton spent more than us during the 21/22 season, right?

Not the best barometer to use mate.

Look at money spent (even net spend) over 4/5 years to make a comparison like that plus check their wage structure compared to ours?

It’s huge so hardly shopping in the same market.

14 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I'm a recovering compulsive gambler so cannot and will not engage in any betting on this but I'm of the opinion Potter will win absolutely no major honours in this country. He may get a big move eventually but I don't see him being a success, falls short in many areas.

Di Matteo won the Champions League and there is no evidence that he’s a better manager than Potter.

All about a club taking a punt on you, right time/right place so to speak.

Potter has been linked with clubs bigger than us over the past 12 months so who knows.

3 minutes ago, SafewayFox said:

Not the best barometer to use mate.

Look at money spent (even net spend) over 4/5 years to make a comparison like that plus check their wage structure compared to ours?

It’s huge so hardly shopping in the same market.

I was wrong anyway, their outs (Ben White) more than made up for their spend

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ARM1968 said:

Right now I’d take Harry Potter

At this point I’d take Beatrix Potter if the status quo were the only alternative.  I could totally see Peter Rabbit working as a deep-lying playmaker.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Smashing-Pumpkin said:

You are hyperbolic. You try to use buzz words and silly football fan phrases to justify your polarised opinion.

First of all, what difference does it make if you were 8th as you put it, and had a little spurt towards the end and ended up 5th. In your example, there was absolutely NO CHANCE of getting into the top 4, whereas us dropping out of the top 4 with one game left to finish fifth meant we were in with a shout right up to the end and just fell short.

We are Leicester City, are we one of the 4 biggest or best teams in the league? no, so finishing 5th was hardly a disaster, and just because you were 4th and ended up 5th doesnt mean youve "bottled" something.

This is just another shit phrase excited football fans come out with, like fraud. "Bottled" which covers every single situation where a team has lost or missed out, "oh they bottled that".

Secondly, Rodgers won the FA cup which is a domestic cup in England, of which the Premier League is not a minor league. And with the two 5th placed finishes, the FA Cup and Community shield, Rodgers ALREADY HAS brought us success, whereas you seem to think hes done nothing?

Youre probably the only person on the planet who thinks Eddie Howe will be Newcastle's long term manager now theyve got money and expectation has been lifted. Id suggest many more people would think Eddie Howe is a front runner in next seasons sack race, and regarding the job hes done at Newcastle, theyre shit. They just got beat 5-0 on sunday, theyre one point above us in the league having played 2 games more whilst weve played in Europe and actually had a run to a semi final with a depleted squad all season, and they got dumped out the FA cup at home v Cambridge. Theyre rubbish.

Theres already been stuff on twitter where their fans have questionned him.

If youre hoping for a manager who has won things in a "properly competitive" league with limited funds i think youll be looking a good while.

To be honest you just sound like a typical reactionary type fan. The sort of fan who thinks a manager is the best thing since sliced bread when they have a good little run of form and that at a hint of difficulty everything needs to be ripped up, hence words like "mass exodus".

You accuse someone of using hyperbole, buzz words, and silly football fans phrases, then go on to do exactly the same ? coupled with awful spelling mistakes (14 in all ) I'd say you are the one who is a typical reactionary type fan. .:thumbup: :D:D

Edited by PAPA LAZAROU
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

Wonder if Frank could be prised away from Brentford.

I sincerely hope not.  What has he done apart from a play-off final win?  See below.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SafewayFox said:

Di Matteo won the Champions League and there is no evidence that he’s a better manager than Potter.

All about a club taking a punt on you, right time/right place so to speak.

Potter has been linked with clubs bigger than us over the past 12 months so who knows.

Of course, there's always good managers who due to circumstance don't win any or many major honours and then quite average managers that due to opportunity do pick up trophies but level playing field I think Potter wins nothing at a club like ours. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jim5000 said:

Can’t believe the amount of people that what our second most successful manager out after a single middling premier league season that included European football until May and was hampered by a chronic injury crisis 

Agreed.