Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Cincinnati Fox

New Manager

14 hours ago, jim5000 said:

Can’t believe the amount of people that what our second most successful manager out after a single middling premier league season that included European football until May and was hampered by a chronic injury crisis 

I can’t believe so many people can’t see the wood for the trees. He’s done here. 

• Like 2

No, nothing like inside knowledge. I once had a great source during the Lord of the Rings films, but that’s about it for anything really accurate. 

I just feel that things are wrong at the club and that it ALL stems from Brendan bloody Rodgers. 

2 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

No, nothing like inside knowledge. I once had a great source during the Lord of the Rings films, but that’s about it for anything really accurate. 

I just feel that things are wrong at the club and that it ALL stems from Brendan bloody Rodgers. 

Ah, it's a feeling. Well, I like you very much and all that, so I won't get into it with you, but lots of people feel all sorts of things that turn out to be total pony.

3 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Ah, it's a feeling. Well, I like you very much and all that, so I won't get into it with you, but lots of people feel all sorts of things that turn out to be total pony.

Oh yes, absolutely. Feelings are not a great indicator of anything and I might just be wrong. 

I was right about the Balrog though. 

• Haha 3

43 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

I can't see him going. I do think the club need to make a big deal about appointing a recognised set piece coach in the summer. It would help a lot if we can see that the club are doing something to rectify the issues. 

...so doing Rodgers job for him then, paying £10m a year and we are doing his job for him!!!

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

I can't see him going. I do think the club need to make a big deal about appointing a recognised set piece coach in the summer. It would help a lot if we can see that the club are doing something to rectify the issues. 

That would require Rodgers to admit he hasn't got a clue how to defend set pieces. I'm not sure his ego will allow it.

• Like 2

On 13/05/2022 at 14:45, sm1 said:

That would require Rodgers to admit he hasn't got a clue how to defend set pieces. I'm not sure his ego will allow it.

It would also mean opposition coaches know what he doesn't ,our weaknesses on set peices.If they can exploit them, they could probably fix them.Him and his staff can't. 

• Like 1

I don't want anyone coming in with zero Premier League experience. The position we're in with so many players potentially coming and going, one bad managerial appointment and we're going to be hanging round that bottom half again. It only takes a clueless manager and a bad transfer window to undo 6 years of progression.

12 minutes ago, iancognito said:

I don't want anyone coming in with zero Premier League experience. The position we're in with so many players potentially coming and going, one bad managerial appointment and we're going to be hanging round that bottom half again. It only takes a clueless manager and a bad transfer window to undo 6 years of progression.

Disagree. Better options available with no Premiership experience. Seem to remember poch went Southampton and they were struggling and he did well there. Also Vieria came in at palace this season with no previous premiership experience and lost a lot of players and he’s done fine. I do acknowledge he’s got experience playing wise but not managerial. 

23 minutes ago, iancognito said:

....it is not the lack of Premier League knowledge that will be the problem, but the inability to learn is an even bigger crime!!!

• Like 1

On 13/05/2022 at 13:59, BenTheFox said:

The Sris were slow in getting around to sacking Claudio and Claude, but eventually saw the inevitable.

Rodgers was, essentially, rescued from the obscurity of Scottish football by City recruiting him.

Winning the Scots Prem. and other honours is a coin toss and weren't Rangers pretty dire after clawing their way back to the Prem. when he was in charge at Celtic Park?

He must have sold himself very well during the interview process to come out with a contract that good. We can see he's good at the PR - avoiding the difficult questions by finding disingenuous answers. But to be hog tied by a contract that might make one of the big clubs think twice about firing him appears shortsighted on the part of City's 'board'.

But so it is. I think that hiring in a set piece coach might offend his ego. But I hope someone insists that this very clear, nationally commented on, shortcoming is addressed - either by a coach who's proficient at his/her job or/and recruiting a physically imposing central defender to supplement Evans and eventually replace him. 

That's where our deep problem is. Once the defence is repaired then the confidence of the team will inevitably return. If no one else is bought this summer £30m on an elite defender will be money well spent.

• Like 1