Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Cincinnati Fox

New Manager

2 hours ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

I skimmed through totalfootballanalysis.com yesterday and was so impressed with the analysis on him.... would be brilliant if we could get him here 🙏

Yeah, I think he'd be a fantastic appointment. You only need to look at how many young players he's developed for Feyenoord and AZ too. All going for big money now. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Viktor-LCFC said:

The Rennes gaffer? 

Bruno Genesio, he's always done well but not really tested outside of the french league.  4 years in the top 4 for lyon before going to china, for what I can only imagine was a financial decision on his part. 

Rennes play incredibly attractive football. He would be interesting. 

• Like 1

The owners like prem experience don't they? I would absolutely hate this option but I can see them appointing Benitez. Can see them bringing him in to steady the ship and be a bit of a hatchet man (i.e. getting rid of some deadwood) in the same way Puel did.

@Ric Flair just read your post on the other thread! It's obviously a deap-seated fear in both of us.

Edited by Tielemans63
  • Sad 1

Just now, Tielemans63 said:

The owners like prem experience don't they? I would absolutely hate this option but I can see them appointing Benitez. Can see them bringing him in to steady the ship and be a bit of a hatchet man (i.e. getting rid of some deadwood) in the same way Puel did.

To be fair Benitez did this well at Newcastle but yeah I'm not keen on that. If we're going down the unfashionable route then I'd prefer someone like Wilder. Can organise a defence and demand workmate from players.

Potter or Franke would be solid choices for me though 

Just now, foxfanazer said:

To be fair Benitez did this well at Newcastle but yeah I'm not keen on that. If we're going down the unfashionable route then I'd prefer someone like Wilder. Can organise a defence and demand workmate from players.

Potter or Franke would be solid choices for me though 

Agree with Potter or Frank, can't get on-board with Wilder though, I personally don't think he's got the right profile for us. I could also see them going with someone like Nuno Espirito Santo to bring a bit of defensive nouse, again, not an option I'm in favour of but one I can see them taking.

Whatever happens I don't think they'll go with someone who has no prem experience.

1 minute ago, Tielemans63 said:

Agree with Potter or Frank, can't get on-board with Wilder though, I personally don't think he's got the right profile for us. I could also see them going with someone like Nuno Espirito Santo to bring a bit of defensive nouse, again, not an option I'm in favour of but one I can see them taking.

Whatever happens I don't think they'll go with someone who has no prem experience.

Yeah it's not a glamorous name and not someone in line with the clubs style. I do admire his managerial traits though 

Yeah Nuno would be horrendous! 

• Like 1

I really am a fan of Thomas Frank but I don't think he'd leave during the season Potter likewise, Marco Rose at Monchengladbach had them playing some lovely stuff and we had been mentioned as a landing spot for Pochetino both of whom are out of work, I'd be happy with any of them

2 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

Yeah it's not a glamorous name and not someone in line with the clubs style. I do admire his managerial traits though 

Yeah Nuno would be horrendous! 

I'd rather give it Anton Rodgers on a lifetime contract than Nuno

5 hours ago, Vindaloo FOX said:

Rose, Marcelino and Bordalas.

All 3 are available at the moment.

I could see all 3 doing a good job here but would they be up for the rebuild.

Bordalas would split opinion here, he'd a good looking Sean Dyche. Those who like direct football with 32% possession would be in their element.

https://www.coachesvoice.com/cv/jose-bordalas-getafe-valencia/

13 hours ago, Bazly said:

If the club is required to reduce wages they are hardly going to pay a £10mn+ go away and then appoint another expensive manager. A change will only happen if we become relegation fodder or if Rodgers gets offered the Real Madrid job.

Well the latter is highly unlikely. Apparently even Real Grimsby don't want him.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Tielemans63 said:

@Ric Flair just read your post on the other thread! It's obviously a deap-seated fear in both of us.

Oh god please no.