Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Cincinnati Fox

New Manager

7 hours ago, Vindaloo FOX said:

Rose, Marcelino and Bordalas.

All 3 are available at the moment.

I could see all 3 doing a good job here but would they be up for the rebuild.

I feel like Marcelino would be a big hit here.. Very Conte esque with lots of energy on the touchlines.

Edited by Shane

28 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

Agreed, neither of those guys would leave where they are to inherit our mess.

I thought our mess was Rodgers himself ergo take him out the mess goes or are you saying he has a point and the place does need a healthy shake up?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

I thought our mess was Rodgers himself ergo take him out the mess goes or are you saying he has a point and the place does need a healthy shake up?

Just because Rodgers is the biggest part of the problem doesn't mean the problems all go away when he does.

• Like 1

Dyche!!!!!

all these football manager names sound great but Sean would get us defensively solid, playing with fight and desire and getting the most out of our players. Knows the league,

he wants it! He lives locally! He would see it as a good job not beneath him like Brendan.

Our atmosphere is crap but one thing that gets us going is when the teams fights and gives everything which under dyche they would.

every time we played Burnley I felt they gave us a game in-spite of the fact there squad has never been close to ours. Act now TOP!

Charlatan out, Dychie in!!

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, JonnyBoy said:

Don’t think we are a bigger scalp than Brighton or Brentford at the minute 

Although we aren't buying players we still have a lot more resources then either of them to potentially use if either of them came in and did the actual rebuild job that we need

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

Mancini or Thomas Frank would be decent but probably not right now

Roberto Mancini wasn't at Leicester long, but he left an indelible mark -  Planet Football

Not sure I follow, you mean they would be ok once all the background issues are resolved with regards to wages and transfers & we can buy again or if Rodgers turns the tide and we start winning again and all is rosey or if Rodgers cant and we’re in a relegation fight?

4 hours ago, Big Dave said:

Either one of Thomas Frank or Graham Potter for me. Would be happy with either.  Would they leave so early in a season though?

Why on earth would Thomas Frank or Graham Potter want to leave their current clubs to come to ours.  We cant afford to bring in any players, we are no way sacking Brendan Rogers, pay his compensation, then bring in another manager from a premier league rival.  Fans expectations are totally unrealistic.  

• Like 1

Hate to mention the tree shaggers but look at the impact a new manager can have in galvanising a squad last season, Rodgers had a similar impact in his first 12-18 months with us. 

it has gone stale for him now but there is more than enough quality in our squad, that a new manager with fresh ideas can get re-energise us and get us in a position to push on again. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, oxtonfox said:

Diego Simeone for me, polar opposite to Brendan but gets results and would help toughen the side’s lack of metal. 

Nah I’d take that Guardiola from Man City. Great reputation, plays good football and knows how to win trophies!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Cincinnati Fox said:

Dyche!!!!!

all these football manager names sound great but Sean would get us defensively solid, playing with fight and desire and getting the most out of our players. Knows the league,

he wants it! He lives locally! He would see it as a good job not beneath him like Brendan.

Our atmosphere is crap but one thing that gets us going is when the teams fights and gives everything which under dyche they would.

every time we played Burnley I felt they gave us a game in-spite of the fact there squad has never been close to ours. Act now TOP!

Charlatan out, Dychie in!!

Not advocating Dyche as the choice. But there are a lot of fans that would prefer a more direct manager.

he isn’t as exotic as some of the names but does know the division and worked well under a lower budget.

the football would be pretty turgid but we would be solid and work hard.

wouldn’t be my choice and not much glamour but maybe we need a reset like that.

15 minutes ago, teblin said:

Not advocating Dyche as the choice. But there are a lot of fans that would prefer a more direct manager.

he isn’t as exotic as some of the names but does know the division and worked well under a lower budget.

the football would be pretty turgid but we would be solid and work hard.

wouldn’t be my choice and not much glamour but maybe we need a reset like that.

Effective football, I honestly don’t care as long as we put in 100% and are winning games. We give it a good go and lose then so be it.

Edited by Cincinnati Fox
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Urs Fischer from Union Berlin, only has 1 year left on his current deal and is on very low wages so wouldn't cost a load to get him either

Mainly uses a 3412/352 formation as well

Has done a brilliant job with Union Berlin since he has been there spending very little money

Turned them from a 2nd division side into a side competing for and getting European places 2 seasons in a row

Or tried and tested mr dyche!! Know who I want! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1