Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Cincinnati Fox

New Manager

Just now, Sambiasso said:

This, people really need to be careful what they wish for. 

So never change manager in case you end up with someone worse? It's not like we're an unattractive proposition. Great squad, good owners, financial backing, world class facilities, investment in stadium on the way. 

• Like 2

Just now, indierich06 said:

So never change manager in case you end up with someone worse? It's not like we're an unattractive proposition. Great squad, good owners, financial backing, world class facilities, investment in stadium on the way. 

Those two are a sticking point to be honest.

• Like 1

Mourinho is the best we can get. 

I feel we need a different style to now, either pressing from the front or reverting back to our previous counter attacking style, so Potter is certainly 1 I would not want. 

I'm lost why some people think Dyche is a bad choice as manager... Not that he is my 1st choice. 

11 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Problem with Potter is he's so similar to Rodgers in how he likes his teams to play and we've become so, so stale with this style of football I don't think he'd be able to implement the required changes. Honestly not sure who I'd have, it's slim pickings. 

They're pretty consistent with a sort of 3421/343 style as opposed to Rodgers' 433. They do tend to have a scoring problem but it's usually finishing rather than creating, whereas we've looked as blunt as a hammer in recent weeks. Their movement is far better than ours. I'd love to see what he could do with the likes of Maddison and Iheanacho. 

1 minute ago, indierich06 said:

Just now, tom27111 said:

Exactly what I was going to say.

If people really think k Graham Potter can pull off 2 top 5 finishes, a FA CUP, Community Shield and  European semi final then they are absolutely deluded and spoilt. Other than Man City, Liverpool and Chelsea we are one of the most successful team in English football yet people are still not happy...crazy.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

They were good enough to challenge for top four two seasons in a row and our average spend has been around the £60-70m mark for the past few seasons. Not insignificant. 

Edited by indierich06

If we were to get rid then surely It's got to be Potter. It's a step up from Brighton in ambition and budget, he would probably be persuaded to come here. Please bring Cucurella, Bissouma and Lamptey with him. 

I do think he deserves next season though after what he's done here. But its becoming very difficult to see him here much longer with fans booing him at the end.

Just now, Phenom said:

Keep in mind that Rodgers is one of the best paid managers in the world so it’s not like we’re cheap there. We can get a great one in here.

This is also a major issue. The pay off will be huge. Then after the pay off are we going to be able to afford a 10million a season manager? I think no one knows.