Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Cincinnati Fox

New Manager

3 minutes ago, Cincinnati Fox said:

Effective football, I honestly don’t care as long as we put in 100% and are winning games. We give it a good go and lose then so be it.

We don't have a squad suitable for Dyche at all.

25 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Urs Fischer from Union Berlin, only has 1 year left on his current deal and is on very low wages so wouldn't cost a load to get him either

Mainly uses a 3412/352 formation as well

Has done a brilliant job with Union Berlin since he has been there spending very little money

Turned them from a 2nd division side into a side competing for and getting European places 2 seasons in a row

That would be a real change from the usual ex EPL managers Leicester go for..... reckon our players would find him interesting and they need a change in management style that Fischer would bring.  

A new manager can bring new ideas which can motivate  mentally tired players

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Corky said:

We don't have a squad suitable for 'possession based football' and playing out from the back but we still persist with it.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Matt said:

We don't have a squad suitable for 'possession based football' and playing out from the back but we still persist with it.

Which is why fans are frustrated. Having said that, I don't see going from Rodgers to Dyche as an upgrade or a logical move.

11 minutes ago, Corky said:

Which is why fans are frustrated. Having said that, I don't see going from Rodgers to Dyche as an upgrade or a logical move.

I don't dispute that.

However I do fear and have serious reservations we'll see another 'possession, possession, possession' merchant, whos philosophy means playing out from the back is a must.

15 minutes ago, Matt said:

I don't dispute that.

However I do fear and have serious reservations we'll see another 'possession, possession, possession' merchant, whos philosophy means playing out from the back is a must.

There is a half way house been Dyche and Rodgers.

2 hours ago, Corky said:

We don’t have a squad suitable for Todgers either. Dyche played how he played with Burnley because that’s all he could do with the squad. I hear from very reputable people that in reality he is the ginger Pep - just needs a team to show it. 

I might be stretching the truth a fraction there. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

There is a half way house been Dyche and Rodgers.

Course there is and that's what i'd like to see but I personally believe the brief from inside the club is that we're going down the route of possession football and that's the type of manager we'll go for, because 'that's how the majority of other teams play'.

We don't have the players for it, we still (We did...) sign players to suit our 'old' style, yet want to go down the possession and playing out from the back style of play.

2 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

That's why I said period and not season. It was clear that it wouldn't be viable to build on that and sustain success by playing the way we did in 15/16, but we have been able to do so over several years playing this way now. 

I think our most successful ‘period’ included winning the league and pushing far into the Champions League playing anti-possession football. Does that help?  Jeez. Tottenham rabbit on about possession - let’s not go full Spurs. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

That's absolute rubbish

Agreed, his first full season here proved that we could play possession based football, however the big difference between then and now was the intensity and fluidity in our play, where as now we are playing with a slower tempo and more controlled in our passing, which is seeing a lot more sideways and backwards low risk ball retention. 

My belief is our squad is fully capable of playing high tempo, possession football taking 3-5 passes to get to the opposition penalty box rather than this continental style where we aimlessly piss about it with it. Rodgers has changed our tactics to prove he can be Pep on a budget, he wants us to be the Matalan Man City, this is about his own ambitions and ego, style over substance at present I am afraid. 

Edited by Claudio Fannieri
  • Like 1