Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Cincinnati Fox

New Manager

Guest itude
4 minutes ago, fox_favourite said:

Oh dear lord….has it come to this. 

Come to what exactly ? Mourinho, Poch and so on ??? People need to get real I think.

37 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

I think Dyche is a great manager. He’s just not a sexy manager. I mean let’s face it he polished a turd with Burnley. You’d get a side that would be organised, well drilled, hard to beat and a bit nasty. I must admit, I wouldn’t be disappointed with Dyche as a manager. 

He would bring back the "Fearless" to the club, it's just a word without meaning, a motto not followed at the moment.

• Like 1

Guest itude
9 minutes ago, Bunchy the cat said:

This is my first  post after being a voyeur for a few years. Haven’t read all 20 odd pages so forgive me if I’m being repetitive in any way. I’m firmly Rogers out. I think the main reason for this is that he is negatively effecting my passion for the club I have loved for so long. On the face of it he probably rates as our most successful manager since I’ve followed the club, possibly ever. Brian little was at the helm when I fell in love with the club but Martin O’Neil was the first manager I truly adored. Rogers has given me higher placed prem finishes, a more prestigious trophy and longer lasting European adventures. The problem is he doesn’t inspire me, In fact I don’t think he inspires anyone. When O’Neil was going to leave every fan I know desperately wanted him to stay. He was passionate, owned his mistakes and took his team and us fans with him. Rogers distances himself from all of these attributes. We as fans have never really sang his name, everyone at filbert street sang O’Neils name on a match day. This is why I think dyche may be the right appointment. Someone who can galvanise the squad and us fans in possibly our biggest challenge since the great escape.

I agree with Dyche being the best, and most realistic choice. His record with a club with far less resources, and getting the best out a lot of very average players ,is excellent. He also made a lot of very good transfer decisions. I fail to see why so many simply dismiss him, and they give no logical reasons for doing so. Snobbery I have to wonder ?

17 minutes ago, itude said:

Come to what exactly ? Mourinho, Poch and so on ??? People need to get real I think.

Dyche isn’t the answer, and neither is Mourinho or poch. Dyche is a very good championship manager. We need to be a stable premier league outfit and he won’t be that person. I’m sure they’re are other talented managers out there. 

Granted Dyche would bring stability to the club, but he wouldn’t take us to a new level, which we all long for. short term, maybe long term. No. 

Edited by fox_favourite

Just now, Vazman said:

He would bring back the "Fearless" to the club, it's just a word without meaning, a motto not followed at the moment.

I’m not sure why there’s so much dislike towards Dyche. He did a incredible job with Burnley to keep them going for as long as he did.

I do think Brendan is done here, it’s all feeling like the end is neigh, and I think that once that feeling sets in, it’s pretty much game over.

The next move will have to be the right one. We need to change our approach away from media darlings to a mardy sod who’s going to winge and moan relentlessly for our cause. 

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

I think Dyche is a great manager. He’s just not a sexy manager. I mean let’s face it he polished a turd with Burnley. You’d get a side that would be organised, well drilled, hard to beat and a bit nasty. I must admit, I wouldn’t be disappointed with Dyche as a manager. 

didnt he get Burnley relegated?

Guest itude
1 minute ago, fox_favourite said:

Dyche isn’t the answer, and neither is Mourinho or poch. Dyche is a very good championship manager. We need to be a stable premier league outfit and he won’t be that person. I’m sure they’re are other talented managers out there, but going for Dyche is a massive step back. 

Oh, and that is why he took Burnley up and kept them there apart from one season then is it ?

He has proven he is more than just a championship manager with a club who are lucky to have been there.

That is fact, not speculation about some imaginary here who is going to come and rescue us.

Poch and Mourinho ???

Right !

Guest itude
Just now, MPH said:

didnt he get Burnley relegated?

Yes ,and he got them up in the first place,and when relegated straight back up.He then kept them up, and I think even got them to finish 7 th

What more do you expect with a club of such limited resources ?

The Champions league trophy ?

2 minutes ago, itude said:

Oh, and that is why he took Burnley up and kept them there apart from one season then is it ?

He has proven he is more than just a championship manager with a club who are lucky to have been there.

That is fact, not speculation about some imaginary here who is going to come and rescue us.

Poch and Mourinho ???

Right !

So long term, what would he bring? Short term fox, not long term. 

Guest itude
2 minutes ago, Royston. said:

Fun game, Ten Hag should be available soon.

If we don't get him, go for  Tim Sherwood. He already knows we're in trouble so I bet he knows how to "fix it" too.

Ha ha, Ten Haag might well be, maybe we can do a swap ?!

1 minute ago, Pliskin said:

He did, but the question was should they have even been in the premier league anyway? Ultimately I think he had squeezed the lemon as much as he could at Burnley. Similar to Brendan here. 

I wouldn’t want a manager who’s only notable achievement is relegation from the prem. He’d get a nose bleed if we ever got close to 10th    Position.

Guest itude
Just now, fox_favourite said:

So long term, what would he bring? Short term fox, not long term. 

I would like to hear your alternative now please

8 minutes ago, itude said:

I would like to hear your alternative now please

I don’t. And I have never said I have the answer. Never said Rodgers out as I don’t see a viable alternative at the moment. For me, Rodgers is still in a job, and as a supporter of Leicester City, I’ll support my club. Do I like it at the mo, no. Do I think there needs to be a change? Something does. Do I have an answer….no. Just think that Dyche is not the right one. 

Edited by fox_favourite

1 minute ago, itude said:

Yes ,and he got them up in the first place,and when relegated straight back up.He then kept them up, and I think even got them to finish 7 th

What more do you expect with a club of such limited resources ?

The Champions league trophy ?

but we are not Burnley and we we should aim much higher than  just 7th for one season.  Top wants us to be challenging for Europe on a yearly basis not consider it a success getting 7th for one season.

Just now, MPH said:

but we are not Burnley and we we should aim much higher than  just 7th for one season.  Top wants us to be challenging for Europe on a yearly basis not consider it a success getting 7th for one season.

He got them 7th we zero support, with support he is big nige mk11 turbo!