Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Cincinnati Fox

New Manager

5 minutes ago, Cincinnati Fox said:

I am 100% Dyche in!!

he is exactly what we need!

give him many pound notes and a solid squad and we will fly!

Because of the route out of sideways football is backwards not forwards? I’d rather watch Mourinho park the bus every match. I’m going for whoever moore_94 briefly posted about a couple of pages back.

3 minutes ago, MPH said:

I wouldn’t want a manager who’s only notable achievement is relegation from the prem. He’d get a nose bleed if we ever got close to 10th    Position.

I respect your opinion and you aren't a Dyche fan, but what he did with limitations is evident, with better players and a better set up, he might thrive at Leicester, I dont think Dyche is afraid of the Prem or teams in it either. It may be a realistic option at the moment, and he certainly wouldn't command a hideous wage.

• Like 1

Just now, Pliskin said:

Wasn’t there an article saying that we’re eying up the Sporting manager Amorim? 

We were linked in March 2021

I do hope we are still keeping an eye on him, he would be brilliant to bring in, has a massive release clause though

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, MPH said:

If he’s so good you have to ask yourself why he  hasn’t been offered another prem job since being sacked.  

I mean, I absolutely do not want the worm eating weirdo, but there hasn't been another prem job open since he got sacked by Burnley which is surely a bit of a defence 

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

If and when we get a new manager, they need to have a strong record at bringing academy players through. It's the most viable route out of this wage structure nightmare we are in. The mandate needs to be that we are looking to build a very young and progressive side through academy players and signing young raw players for modest fees on modest wages whom get success based wage increases rather than massive bunce straight off the bat.

It's the only way to be different, we can't compete with the moneybag clubs and the middle levels clubs like Brighton Southampton West Ham Brentford etc are doing what we have been to in the past....trying to find unknown gems for modest fees. 

We can be different by concentrating on bringing academy players through to play in the first team, we've got great facilities.

We need is a manager who is pro using academy players which I turn will attract the best youngsters in the country, because they know that Leicester will play them.

Just need a manager who believes in youth rather than waste millions on so called players from other EPL players.

Guest itude
20 minutes ago, MPH said:

but we are not Burnley and we we should aim much higher than  just 7th for one season.  Top wants us to be challenging for Europe on a yearly basis not consider it a success getting 7th for one season.

5th to 8 th to where ? which direction as we currently going in ? Of course Top wants that, so do we all. I dont think Rodgers is taking us in that direction any more

Give Dyche some money and he might. At the very least he will get a lot more out of our players than Rodgers

The problem we have is we need a manager who has the ability to work with the club. At first I think Rodgers was willing, but I think Rodgers wanted to use us as a springboard back into a big club, and it’s not really paid off for him… and with Potch out of work he really isn’t going to get the next vacancy either. 

So, if Rodgers is to be sacked, it again financially it will take its toll on us. We will need to go for a manager who won’t cost the Earth and will be able to work with what the owners want. 

Realistically there aren’t many options. So, if Rodgers is sacked, I can only see one viable option, whether we like it or not, Dyche could well be top of the list. 

Edited by Pliskin
  • Like 1

Guest itude
27 minutes ago, MPH said:

If he’s so good you have to ask yourself why he  hasn’t been offered another prem job since being sacked.  

How do you know he hasn't been then ?

He may have made it clear he doesn't want a return ..yet

Guest itude
22 minutes ago, ronnup said:

That was down to the club not him , the point is we can do better surely 

Like who, and why would they come here then ?

21 minutes ago, Vazman said:

I respect your opinion and you aren't a Dyche fan, but what he did with limitations is evident, with better players and a better set up, he might thrive at Leicester, I dont think Dyche is afraid of the Prem or teams in it either. It may be a realistic option at the moment, and he certainly wouldn't command a hideous wage.

flip side of that coin is that he wouldn’t have a Clue what to do if he’s not scraping the bottom of the barrel .  He’s be a 1 way ticket to relegation for a team like Leicester he wouldn’t get get back into Europe  and he’s done nothing to suggest otherwise/ he got worse not better the further his Burnley career went on..

28 minutes ago, Rusko187 said:

My pick for a manager would be Matthias Jaissle at RB Salzburg. Decent record for a young manager and I really think he will go places.

Loved watching his Salzburg side in the Champions League last season, full of energy & pace.

• Like 2