Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Cincinnati Fox

New Manager

Guest itude
22 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Wasn’t there an article saying that we’re eying up the Sporting manager Amorim? 

Premier league tested is he ?

Guest itude
15 minutes ago, ronnup said:

The sad thing is Potter is looking the real deal but ots fast becoming a sideways move 

Sideways ??? the man has £70-80 million quid left to spend from their sales

How is that sideways exactly then ?

Guest itude
14 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

It's the only way to be different, we can't compete with the moneybag clubs and the middle levels clubs like Brighton Southampton West Ham Brentford etc are doing what we have been to in the past....trying to find unknown gems for modest fees. 

We can be different by concentrating on bringing academy players through to play in the first team, we've got great facilities.

We need is a manager who is pro using academy players which I turn will attract the best youngsters in the country, because they know that Leicester will play them.

Just need a manager who believes in youth rather than waste millions on so called players from other EPL players.

That's a decent future strategy

Guest itude
11 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

The problem we have is we need a manager who has the ability to work with the club. At first I think Rodgers was willing, but I think Rodgers wanted to use us as a springboard back into a big club, and it’s not really paid off for him… and with Potch out of work he really isn’t going to get the next vacancy either. 

So, if Rodgers is to be sacked, it again financially it will take its toll on us. We will need to go for a manager who won’t cost the Earth and will be able to work with what the owners want. 

Realistically there aren’t many options. So, if Rodgers is sacked, I can only see one viable option, whether we like it or not, Dyche could well be top of the list. 

Sounds about right, his idea of us being a springboard has backfired now.

Guest itude
6 minutes ago, MPH said:

flip side of that coin is that he wouldn’t have a Clue what to do if he’s not scraping the bottom of the barrel .  He’s be a 1 way ticket to relegation for a team like Leicester he wouldn’t get get back into Europe  and he’s done nothing to suggest otherwise/ he got worse not better the further his Burnley career went on..

You seem to continually miss out the part that he was on a very restricted budget, sadly it matters you know :)

Guest itude
7 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

What am I reading.

People are seriously asking for a manager that has just got relegated.

That would be who exactly then ?

Guest itude
8 minutes ago, MPH said:

Right we’ll why bother  barking up that tree then?

I didnt say he did, I just said that was one possibilty

Guest itude

I have yet to hear of a premier league tested alternative who would want to come here now, and who would not cost us a fortune

Let's be having them then :)

8 minutes ago, MPH said:

flip side of that coin is that he wouldn’t have a Clue what to do if he’s not scraping the bottom of the barrel .  He’s be a 1 way ticket to relegation for a team like Leicester he wouldn’t get get back into Europe  and he’s done nothing to suggest otherwise/ he got worse not better the further his Burnley career went on..

He got Burnley into Europe. 

I actually think he is quite a progressive manager. His management style at least. He's very much about systems and protocols and simplified aims - kinda Brailsford and Woodward style. 

His football was nowhere near as bad as people made out. 

Big weakness for me is his (lack of) European scouting and contacts book abroad 

• Like 2

Anyway, I don’t think the plug gets pulled until we look to be in real danger of relegation. I’m not confident now though, looking at Brendan’s body language, I just think he’s given up, he clearly isn’t happy. And you can’t really function if you’re not happy. 

• Like 1

Guest itude
4 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

He got Burnley into Europe. 

I actually think he is quite a progressive manager. His management style at least. He's very much about systems and protocols and simplified aims - kinda Brailsford and Woodward style. 

His football was nowhere near as bad as people made out. 

Big weakness for me is his (lack of) European scouting and contacts book abroad 

Fair point, but it was he who brought Cornet in ? I think that could be remedied if he didn't have to look around for cheaper UK players in the main. I forgot he got them into Europe. Great thing for such a small club. anyone know their attendance stats v ours ?

Guest itude
6 minutes ago, TonyN11 said:

Ten Hag, if Man U are stupid enough to get rid

Nah, not till they have wasted an other £300 million or so

Guest itude
7 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Anyway, I don’t think the plug gets pulled until we look to be in real danger of relegation. I’m not confident now though, looking at Brendan’s body language, I just think he’s given up, he clearly isn’t happy. And you can’t really function if you’re not happy. 

Well I agree with you totally, I am just not sure how wise it is for us to wait until that position arises

Guest itude
7 minutes ago, Jaspa said:

Dyche! lol

Fairly sure we've got Forest fans signing up and raiding the place now.

Let him go to Everton when they inevitably give up on Lamps, they've brought a load of his old players in already to go.

Got any decent arguments ??