Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Cincinnati Fox

New Manager

13 minutes ago, itude said:

Right ,and Dyche got one relegation which he immediately reversed

Fischer quit playing professional football in 2003. He then coached the U-14, U-16 and U-21-teams of FC Zürich. After a short spell as the assistant manager of Bernard Challandes in 2007-2008, he returned to the U-21. When Challandes was sacked, Fischer was appointed as caretaker 17 April 2010 and after three games, which he all lost, became permanent manager. He finished the 2010–11 season with FC Zürich second behind FC Basel. He was sacked by FC Zürich in 2012 following a poor league finish, his replacement Rolf Fringer would not last much longer, with a fellow coach under Fisher in Urs Meier being brought in to coach FC Zürich for the remainder of 2013.[citation needed]

On 18 June 2015, Basel announced that Fischer had signed a two-year contract as first team manager.[3] On 10 April 2017, the newly established FC Basel management announced that they would not extend his contract.[4]

How interesting you seem to leave out the absolutely brilliant job he has been doing at Union Berlin for the past 4 years?

Took over in 2018/19 when the were in 2. Bundesliga, in his 1st season in charge he got them to 3rd which at the time was their highest ever finish, and got them promoted through the playoffs into the Bundesliga for the first time in the clubs history.

In their first season in the Bundesliga in 19/20 where there were expected to be relegated straight away they finished a comfortable 11th and well clear of the relegation zone.

Then the following season in 20/21 they finished 7th and qualified for Europe for the first time in their history, whilst having the 5th best defensive record in the league.

Then last season they went even better as they finished 5th and qualified for the Europa League, just 1 point off the Champions League places, again whilst having the 3rd best defensive record in the league.

He has achieved all of that in 4 seasons with Union Berlin whilst they have also made an overall profit on transfers and spent very little.

He would be a much better option than Dyche, and would be very cheap also. 

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

He got Burnley into Europe. 

I actually think he is quite a progressive manager. His management style at least. He's very much about systems and protocols and simplified aims - kinda Brailsford and Woodward style. 

His football was nowhere near as bad as people made out. 

Big weakness for me is his (lack of) European scouting and contacts book abroad 

and they’ve been on a downward spiral ever since

Guest itude
2 minutes ago, LFox99 said:

And getting Dyche in is great logic?

Ok lets do ot point by point then

1. He is available, ,no compensation needed

2. He is premier league tested

3. He did wonders at Burnley,a club with far less resources than us,and all other Premier league clubs it seems

4. He managed to get them into Europe

5, He did it by getting the very best out of a load of average players.

6 His transfer business was in the main good, no Bertrands or Vestergaards

7 He knows how to organise a defence and make it tight

That enough for now ?

Guest itude
10 minutes ago, FoxInTheBirstallBox said:

And remind me, when was the last time a manager walked out of one prem job for another? 

Oh that's right, never lol and with our financial issues we have zero chance of buying out a currently working manager.

Yeah there is a lot of dreaming going on here for sure

9 minutes ago, FoxInTheBirstallBox said:

Examples? 

Prem managers to join other prem clubs off the top of my head.

Harry Redknapp from Portsmouth to Tottenham.

Sam Allardyce, Bolton to Newcastle

Owen Coyle, Burnley to Bolton

David Moyes, Everton to Man United

Steve Bruce, Wigan to Sunderland

Glen Hoddle, Southampton to Spurs

Graham Souness, Blackburn to Newcastle.

Oh and our very own Brendan Rodgers from Swansea to Liverpool… 

Edited by South Shire Fox

Guest itude
3 minutes ago, MPH said:

I haven’t missed that part out at all. In fact I have responded with the point he won’t know what to do with anything other than scraping the bottom of the barrel 

And how exactly would yo know that then ?

If you do, please tell me next weeks winning lottery numbers, and I'll go out and get them now :)

14 minutes ago, FoxInTheBirstallBox said:

And remind me, when was the last time a manager walked out of one prem job for another? 

Oh that's right, never lol and with our financial issues we have zero chance of buying out a currently working manager.

Brian little so not never✌

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, FoxInTheBirstallBox said:

We need a progressive manager.... Then someone suggests these two lol jesus wept

Oh sorry not hipster or exotic enough for you? 

Also any Leicester fan who doesn't respect Pearson is not to be trusted. 

Edited by Arriba Los Zorros
  • Like 2

Guest itude
4 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

How interesting you seem to leave out the absolutely brilliant job he has been doing at Union Berlin for the past 4 years?

Took over in 2018/19 when the were in 2. Bundesliga, in his 1st season in charge he got them to 3rd which at the time was their highest ever finish, and got them promoted through the playoffs into the Bundesliga for the first time in the clubs history.

In their first season in the Bundesliga in 19/20 where there were expected to be relegated straight away they finished a comfortable 11th and well clear of the relegation zone.

Then the following season in 20/21 they finished 7th and qualified for Europe for the first time in their history, whilst having the 5th best defensive record in the league.

Then last season they went even better as they finished 5th and qualified for the Europa League, just 1 point off the Champions League places, again whilst having the 3rd best defensive record in the league.

He has achieved all of that in 4 seasons with Union Berlin whilst they have also made an overall profit on transfers and spending very little.

He would be a much better option than Dyche, and would be very cheap also. 

He has done well there, as has Dyche with a club with such limited resources.What he has not done is anything in the Premier league , has he ? Always a big risk that

Just now, FoxInTheBirstallBox said:

Nah, just too *stuck in the past* for me 😅 you'll suggest Rafa next I bet 

No I just don't see the need to predictably shout out names from the Red Bull system thinking it's clever and niche or managers from the Portuguese 3rd tier just because they're foreign. I'd take somebody with integrity who can do a solid job and play more than one style. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

Prem managers to join other prem clubs off the top of my head.

Harry Redknapp from Portsmouth to Tottenham.

Sam Allardyce, Bolton to Newcastle

Owen Coyle, Burnley to Bolton

David Moyes, Everton to Man United

Steve Bruce, Wigan to Sunderland

Glen Hoddle, Southampton to Spurs

Graham Souness, Blackburn to Newcastle.

Oh and our very own Brendan Rodgers from Swansea to Liverpool… 

Crikey I've had a mare here then lol I genuinely couldn't recall any time a manager had done it mid-season.

Sacked and joined another club yes, or left at the end of a season for another.

Guest itude
6 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

Itude is single handedly making this thread hot lol

Hasn't mastered the plus sign to reply to multiple posts at once yet. Rookie! 

I'll get there, I just need more premier league experience :)

Just now, Arriba Los Zorros said:

No I just don't see the need to predictably shout out names from the Red Bull system thinking it's clever and niche or managers from the Portuguese 3rd tier just because they're foreign. I'd take somebody with integrity who can do a solid job and play more than one style. 

Have I said any outlandish names? Feel free to look through my posts, I haven't said one.

But regressing to a past manager who has been TERRIBLE since us is a suggestion based on sentiment and not ability. And robins on the other hand. If we were struggling at the lower end of the table like a Watford, Burnley, Huddersfield then absolutely. But he is not a man for pushing us to Europe and onwards

Guest itude
10 minutes ago, MPH said:

and they’ve been on a downward spiral ever since

Sure you are  not confusing him with a certain Mister Rodgers ?

Just now, itude said:

Sure you are  not confusing him with a certain Mister Rodgers ?

No, Burnley since their 3? Europa League qualification games haven been downward since. Clear as day. He lost his knack and the team he built fell apart. 

He is not a manager I would want in our dugout. Massive backward step

2 minutes ago, FoxInTheBirstallBox said:

Have I said any outlandish names? Feel free to look through my posts, I haven't said one.

But regressing to a past manager who has been TERRIBLE since us is a suggestion based on sentiment and not ability. And robins on the other hand. If we were struggling at the lower end of the table like a Watford, Burnley, Huddersfield then absolutely. But he is not a man for pushing us to Europe and onwards

Fair enough.  Can't argue with that actually. My reasoning is I'm a bit fed up with Rodgers and his media friendly powder puff spinelessness which seems to have transmitted to the team and would like a manager who is more 'brexit'  as an antidote. I miss the Pearson days when all the squad were super tight knit and would bleed for the badge. But yeah we have come on from those days and should be more progressive you're right. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, itude said:

Ok lets do ot point by point then

1. He is available, ,no compensation needed

2. He is premier league tested

3. He did wonders at Burnley,a club with far less resources than us,and all other Premier league clubs it seems

4. He managed to get them into Europe

5, He did it by getting the very best out of a load of average players.

6 His transfer business was in the main good, no Bertrands or Vestergaards

7 He knows how to organise a defence and make it tight

That enough for now ?

We’re not gonna swap Rodgers for Dyche 

Itune’s is off his rocker in here tonight. Think I saw him reply to one of his own posts earlier.

Edited by mod hero

9 minutes ago, FoxInTheBirstallBox said:

Crikey I've had a mare here then lol I genuinely couldn't recall any time a manager had done it mid-season.

Sacked and joined another club yes, or left at the end of a season for another.

You haven't,  they didn't leave mid season. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, itude said:

Got any decent arguments ??

What against Dyche? Yeah he plays hoof ball with players who like to elbow alot and has generally resided at the bottom end of the Premier League and the top end of the Championship. I don't think he suits the players we have, nor the ambition of the owners. I think it's a desperate choice.

I don't claim to know who would be the right person. There are interesting names like Emery, but could we get him? I don't know, you're the one making bold statements about who should be the next manager lol

Welcome, by the way.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1