Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Cincinnati Fox

New Manager

1 minute ago, Jaspa said:

What against Dyche? Yeah he plays hoof ball with players who like to elbow alot and has generally resided at the bottom end of the Premier League and the top end of the Championship. I don't think he suits the players we have, nor the ambition of the owners. I think it's a desperate choice.

I don't claim to know who would be the right person. There are interesting names like Emery, but could we get him? I don't know, you're the one making bold statements about who should be the next manager lol

Welcome, by the way.

God foxestalk hated puel for his language skills. Imagine the meltdown here after the 8th "good ebenin"

Guest itude
8 minutes ago, FoxInTheBirstallBox said:

No, Burnley since their 3? Europa League qualification games haven been downward since. Clear as day. He lost his knack and the team he built fell apart. 

He is not a manager I would want in our dugout. Massive backward step

And Rodgers since the FA Cup win ?

Guest itude
7 minutes ago, mod hero said:

We’re not gonna swap Rodgers for Dyche 

Itune’s is off his rocker in here tonight. Think I saw him reply to one of his posts earlier.

Same question give me some decent arguments why not then ?

Sorry but "We’re not gonna swap Rodgers for Dyche " just don't do it

Guest itude
Just now, FoxInTheBirstallBox said:

And dyche since the.... Oh... He's won nothing at the top level.

What would you expect with a club like Burnley ? Any miracle workers you care to suggest then ?

Guest itude
11 minutes ago, Jaspa said:

What against Dyche? Yeah he plays hoof ball with players who like to elbow alot and has generally resided at the bottom end of the Premier League and the top end of the Championship. I don't think he suits the players we have, nor the ambition of the owners. I think it's a desperate choice.

I don't claim to know who would be the right person. There are interesting names like Emery, but could we get him? I don't know, you're the one making bold statements about who should be the next manager lol

Welcome, by the way.

Thank you :)

He plays with the players he could get at Burnley, and in the way they had to play to survive. Apart from one season they did that, and got into Europe.  Give him better players and he will get better results.

That is of course if we have any left at the beginning of August, or after the 10 with one year left on their contracts decide what  to do then

Guest itude
21 minutes ago, FoxInTheBirstallBox said:

No, Burnley since their 3? Europa League qualification games haven been downward since. Clear as day. He lost his knack and the team he built fell apart. 

He is not a manager I would want in our dugout. Massive backward step

Oh you do mean Rodgers then :)

Guest itude
22 minutes ago, mod hero said:

We’re not gonna swap Rodgers for Dyche 

Itune’s is off his rocker in here tonight. Think I saw him reply to one of his posts earlier.

Well, I cant think of anyone better to do so..can you ? :)

Guest itude
2 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

What are these last few pages lol 

Dyche? I'd rather keep Rodgers

I believe  they have some nice medication for that ?

Guest itude
15 minutes ago, NasPb said:

Dyche playing hoof ball is the biggest myth ever. He's pragmatic. They played various styles under him. Whether u like him or not let's not lie. Dyche ain't Steve bruce. 

Yeah, its amazing how many are just making blunt unevidenced statements about him. Some quite rude. I have to stick with my idea that there is some form of snobbery going on here.

Guest itude
5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Dyche's truly horrifying record with academy players makes him null and void here anyway.

Yeah ? care to inform us of exactly what that was then ?

Guest itude

Well then he was an honest man was he not, because he could have made a fortune from bringing them on and selling them, but he did not. I am afraid the days of Ralph Coates, Martin Dobson  and Steve Kindon are long gone.

He had a clause in his contract stating that if he sold any academy players, he would get a cut.

Burnley cut down on their superb youth system a few years ago, hence no more Ralph Coates and so on. Can't blame Dyche for that

Guest itude
5 minutes ago, bridport007 said:

Unbelievable!...Dyche!?!? 😂😂 Is that where we are?!? Stick with Brendan if that’s the case. 

I’m not saying Dyche couldn’t do a job, but surely it’s accepting that we are happy with bottom half?  Maybe I’m missing something? 🤔

You might be missing where we will be if we stick with Rodgers. Do you think he is capable of turning things around..all the things ?

3 minutes ago, itude said:

Well then he was an honest man was he not, because he could have made a fortune from bringing them on and selling them, but he did not. I am afraid the days of Ralph Coates, Martin Dobson  and Steve Kindon are long gone.

He had a clause in his contract stating that if he sold any academy players, he would get a cut.

Burnley cut down on their superb youth system a few years ago, hence no more Ralph Coates and so on. Can't blame Dyche for that

He could simply have had that clause removed and then brought some players through which would have benefitted the club, the players and the manager. As I said, he's a complete unknown in this regard and yet its a priority of ours to build an academy that is a conveyor belt of talent through to the first team, its at the core of why we built Seagrave.

• Like 1

Just now, itude said:

He is hardly going to insist on closing ours down is he ?

No he's not but why would you appoint a manager with absolutely no track record at one of the core principles of our club? Go one step further, look at the signings he made at Burnley, seldom were they in the 20-23 age bracket that we look to recruit in. Then look at the style of football, absolutely no track record of the type of football our board have decided this club should play since they gave up on counter attacking managers.

21 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Sure, for a team with a very modest budget, he brought through one player from Burnley's academy in his entire time there, astonishing. 

Isn’t that relative to the Academy and infrastructure though?

They went from Category 3 to 1 in 2020 back down to 2 this year.

So only 2 years at Category 1, he wont of seen the benefits of being able to compete for better prospects during that time.

Plus Burnley were already punching above their weight, struggling to survive most seasons, meaning they don’t have as much opportunity to throw mediocre youngsters on for game time. 

• Like 2

Guest itude

Oh but many were when he brought them in, Cornet, Tarkovski for example. You have to remember that he had a lot of them there for along time, so they aint young now Not only that but if they would not give him the money to buy young promising stuff what could he do ? They could not afford £30+ million for a Fofana could they ?

The style of football our board have decided this club should play ? That working for us well at the moment is it ?