Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Cincinnati Fox

New Manager

If people want Brendan gone, then we all know it's going to cost.

If/when he goes ,it's unlikely we'll have the budget to pay for another club to release their manager, even if he was interested. 

It'll surely be someone currently out of work.

I'm not saying Dyche , but as a short term, till the end of the season,I think he'd do OK.

A lot of people don't like him because of his whinging at the budget he had to work with compared to a lot of his counterparts. 

Those people can't remember a lot of the Martin O'Neil interviews as he played us as the underdog very well.

5 minutes ago, Weller Wing said:

If people want Brendan gone, then we all know it's going to cost.

If/when he goes ,it's unlikely we'll have the budget to pay for another club to release their manager, even if he was interested. 

It'll surely be someone currently out of work.

I'm not saying Dyche , but as a short term, till the end of the season,I think he'd do OK.

A lot of people don't like him because of his whinging at the budget he had to work with compared to a lot of his counterparts. 

Those people can't remember a lot of the Martin O'Neil interviews as he played us as the underdog very well.

O'Neil never had the squad of players Rodgers inherited. O'Neil built his side cheaply as he went along. Every player had a place in the team, knew their job and were played to their strengths, however limited, and the tactics reflected the same.

Rodgers has been the total reverse of that and if he'd have inherited a poor squad, I can't see him doing anything other than getting us relegated. He neither improves what he's got, buys what he needs but badly misuses what he's given. We achieved whatever we did through disconnected player skill and individualism. You can't rely on that for too long, particularly if some of those better individuals start to leave. I can't blame them, they're not going any further whilst Rodgers is here and have sadly worked that out. Neither will he improve their playing for the potential next step up, in fact quite the opposite is true. If I was Maddison, Fofana, Daka, Soumare, Praet, Iheanacho, Barnes, Soyuncu or Castagne, I'd be looking to jump ship unless there's a change very soon. Football is a short career, there's no time to be wasted on your career with this guy.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, mrlcfc said:

I really hope we never become a fan run club reading some of the posts on the forum.  We would end up with Sean Dyche as manager and half of our first team players rotting in the under 18's as they are not fully committed to the club signing contracts so we can sell them for a profit.  Yes things don't look great at the moment, but they are still better than they have been for decades.  I'm really not a Rodgers fan, but he is better than a lot that we have had (just don't let him buy any players). I genuinely think the board are sorting things out for next season with a new head of recruitment, new medical staff, new set peice coach, a glut of contracts ending and saving the money for transfers this season. 

The board might be taking that approach but its not the approach Rodgers wants to take and the big elephant in the room is the hit on the budget and overall rebuild will take when we either sack him or put him on gardening leave. 

Next summer is huge and I think its a mistake writing this summer off and not making any proactive moves.

3 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

O'Neil never had the squad of players Rodgers inherited. O'Neil built his side cheaply as he went along. Every player had a place in the team, knew their job and were played to their strengths, however limited, and the tactics reflected the same.

Rodgers has been the total reverse of that and if he'd have inherited a poor squad, I can't see him doing anything other than getting us relegated. He neither improves what he's got, buys what he needs but badly misuses what he's given. We achieved whatever we did through disconnected player skill and individualism. You can't rely on that for too long, particularly if some of those better individuals start to leave. I can't blame them, they're not going any further whilst Rodgers is here and have sadly worked that out. Neither will he improve their playing for the potential next step up, in fact quite the opposite is true. If I was Maddison, Fofana, Daka, Soumare, Praet, Iheanacho, Barnes, Soyuncu or Castagne, I'd be looking to jump ship unless there's a change very soon. Football is a short career, there's no time to be wasted on your career with this guy.

Read it again.

That wasn't an attack on MON as I'll love him forever for what he brought to the team.

But he did similar interviews to Dyche in that he made us the poor relations but with more team spirit than most of the league put together. 

I don't think Dyche is the long term answer and if there's better available within our budget ,then that's where we should go.

I do think he comes across as a decent bloke that is a bit of a laugh and expects his players to work very hard and make life difficult for the opposition .

In my 40+ years of watching, Leicester fans are always better when we're up against it , or we get a shit decision from a ref.

It gets the crowd up for a battle and they get behind the team a lot better.

He might be the type to put a smile back on the faces at the club with his positivity. 

And the club needs some of that at the moment 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ronnup said:

I think Solksjar's stock has risen recently ...not saying I want him, but its am interesting prospect.

Loads of neutrals I know think the same thing about stock.

My counter argument is just because he was shit somewhere everyone has been shit and is shit, it doesnt automatically mean he'll be decent elsewhere.

Edited by Nalis
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Loads of neutrals I know think the same thing about stock.

My counter argument is just because he was shit somewhere everyone has been shit and is shit, it doesnt automatically mean he'll be decent elsewhere.

He was shit there and he'd be shit anywhere else. Not heard of any clubs falling over themselves to re-employ him?

Guest itude
7 hours ago, Dusty said:

Ruben Amorim would still be my first choice. He seems like a class manager. 

Ok, looked him up, seems very promising, would he come here ?

The more I watch Brentford and Brighton, the more I like. 
Yes they have their style, but when I heard Frank talking after the Utd game he gave away a lot of individual/small insightful sound bites of areas they targeted. Yes play our way, but where are the other areas we can target. 
Same with Potter although not heard him go into as much detail as Frank. 

The managers from abroad I’m afraid I have no opinion on, not as young as I used to be so don’t get much foreign football in (or play fifa anymore!) 

2 hours ago, 420Hashish said:

Marco Silva, Watford to Everton

Sacked, joined Everton.

Everton didn't buy out his contract. The point I'm making is no club has bought a manager out of contract (like the way we got Brendan) in the prem, within the prem.

So people suggesting Thomas Frank are in coocoo land, it will not happen.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Weller Wing said:

Read it again.

That wasn't an attack on MON as I'll love him forever for what he brought to the team.

But he did similar interviews to Dyche in that he made us the poor relations but with more team spirit than most of the league put together. 

I don't think Dyche is the long term answer and if there's better available within our budget ,then that's where we should go.

I do think he comes across as a decent bloke that is a bit of a laugh and expects his players to work very hard and make life difficult for the opposition .

In my 40+ years of watching, Leicester fans are always better when we're up against it , or we get a shit decision from a ref.

It gets the crowd up for a battle and they get behind the team a lot better.

He might be the type to put a smile back on the faces at the club with his positivity. 

And the club needs some of that at the moment 

Never read as an attack on him tbh either? I just think that when a manager is cautious about his teams realistic ambitions, fans can usually sense the place it's coming from like O'Neil was realistic and a good one. Rodgers, on the contrary, is snidely more about himself and his future and less about his team. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, FoxInTheBirstallBox said:

Sacked, joined Everton.

Everton didn't buy out his contract. The point I'm making is no club has bought a manager out of contract (like the way we got Brendan) in the prem, within the prem.

So people suggesting Thomas Frank are in coocoo land, it will not happen.

Did Spurs not pay off Southampton for Poch